Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RPF members missing in action...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Larry Lepard
    Yep.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Larry Lepard
    Still on Facebook.

Just heard from DJLoti for the first time in years too. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Still on Facebook.

Just heard from DJLoti for the first time in years too. Yay!
    Could you copypasta some of his latest?

And Coastie text messaged me the other day as well.

Could you copypasta some of his latest?

And Coastie text messaged me the other day as well.
    Man that is great to hear. I was wondering what happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Man that is great to hear. I was wondering what happened to him.
    Sadly he did it right when I was up to my eyeballs in boat bull$#@! and I had to go, quickly.

But I'll reach back out to him over the weekend.

He said he was doing well.

Sadly he did it right when I was up to my eyeballs in boat bull$#@! and I had to go, quickly.

But I'll reach back out to him over the weekend.

He said he was doing well.
    Please do and tell him I miss him here.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trucker Mike.

...tagging...

As for Larry, I don't think he's political much. He posted this the other day. I sent him a link to the forums. He does not post a lot of political stuff - usually just family stuff. This is relatively new:

This is the article he's talking about: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...ls-us-bad-hand

Larry here. This article is very insightful. When i read the passage below it really resonated with me. The excerpt below, particularly the comment on politics is spot on.

The entire political game is a distraction from what really matters. My personal strategy: turn off the news. Do not participate in the drama. Your life has more value than playing " why don't you and he fight." That is the game of the past. Play the game of the future.

There really is a paradigm shift taking place. Understanding it makes it easier to navigate.

Excerpt From Linked Article:
    Here's the point: the world is not going to hell in a hand basket; the institutionalized industrial model is.

I don't know whether or not the centralized structure of coercive government was a necessary evil on the way to building an advanced civilization, but I do know this: politics is 100% obsolete in this digital age we now find ourselves in. We are living with space-age technology, yet we still employ the structure of bronze-age rulership by means of force, coercion, theft, misinformation, and violence on a mass scale.

We have been conditioned by this model to view ourselves as a victim always in need of a savior. Yet we humans are engines of creation. We can imagine and envision, then turn our imaginations and visions into reality. I mean that quite literally. It is just a choice. We are astonishingly capable beings, but we have been conditioned to focus on manifesting conflict and negativity.

This is why I am so saddened when I see politics, and the dark forces behind it, trick wonderful people into spending all of their time, energy, and thoughts on political abstractions. I see this every day in my own life. I see people whom I love and respect get sucked into the political game; I see them elevate politics to religious levels and willfully ignore those things that are most important in their own life. I watch as the twinkle vanishes from their eye, the pep disappears from their step, and the anger slowly poisons their psyche.

And I understand. I was there myself not too long ago.

As best I can tell, western civilization is a tale of two cities at the current point in time.

The people in one city are confused and angry because they do not understand why their industrial institutions are failing them. The 2016 U.S. election cycle made it obvious the people living in this city reside on both the "left" and the "right" side of the modern political spectrum. They know it’s broke and they want it fixed no matter what it takes, and no matter whose rights are trampled to do so. They are looking for a hero, and they see politics as the solution.

The people in the other city are much less concerned about the devolving industrial model because they are leveraging the budding trends of the Information Age in their favor. These are the people learning how to operate in the digital economy that bypasses industrial borders. They are learning there's a whole lot more to the money story than what they were led to believe.

They are learning how to build collaborative networks utilizing digital technology and secure communications. They are actively creating superior alternatives to literally every civil service function currently provided by industrial institutions. They see politics as the problem, and they see decentralized networks as the solution.

I lived in that first city several years ago. I was angry and depressed all the time. I thought the answer was to fight the trends; fight the world. I was stressed to the max, and terribly unpleasant to be around...just ask my wife.

When I eventually got tired of being angry and depressed my mind switched gears, and I moved to the second city. It's much more pleasant here, and the people are friendlier. The people in this city aren't trying to change the world - that's a win-lose proposition. Instead, they are building an alternative world based upon participatory networks and voluntary association utilizing modern technology.
    Last edited by angelatc; 01-11-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks!

Larry definitely has some great ideas. Great post!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Larry definitely has some great ideas. Great post!
    It seems like it had the opposite effect on me. I see no hope in there at all. There's a great deal of truth in what he said about our old models being obsolete but that just makes me feel obsolete. And I also don't see the powers that be simply giving up control because they realize they're obsolete. Just the opposite really.

It seems like it had the opposite effect on me. I see no hope in there at all. There's a great deal of truth in what he said about our old models being obsolete but that just makes me feel obsolete. And I also don't see the powers that be simply giving up control because they realize they're obsolete. Just the opposite really.
    There are many paths to follow to help fight for liberty. That's why I didn't post "he has 'the' 'right' idea" just "some great ideas." It's a multi-front war. Choose the platoon best suited to your skills. Larry has moved on to other things outside of politics; that doesn't mean you have to, nor should. But it sounds like he's doing great things. And has a tremendous attitude. Let's all do likewise!

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    There are many paths to follow to help fight for liberty. That's why I didn't post "he has 'the' 'right' idea" just "some great ideas." It's a multi-front war. Choose the platoon best suited to your skills. Larry has moved on to other things outside of politics; that doesn't mean you have to, nor should. But it sounds like he's doing great things. And has a tremendous attitude. Let's all do likewise!
    Maybe. I just don't understand where I fit in.

You've got to make a fish blender for us!

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I know that feeling.

Yeah, I know that feeling.
    Doldrums.

what happened to Danke?....read a cryptic post in another thread alluding to his death?....wtf....really?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    what happened to Danke?....read a cryptic post in another thread alluding to his death?....wtf....really?
    Well, from what I understand, he got eaten by a Winnebago. Ask oyarde, he seems to know more about it.

Trucker Mike again.

Every time I see a rattlesnake story, I think of his dog.

Trucker Mike again.

Every time I see a rattlesnake story, I think of his dog.
    And I texted with LL a few days ago, briefly.

Seems to be doing well.

And I texted with LL a few days ago, briefly.

Seems to be doing well.
    Good!

Truth Warrior? First forum member to reach 1,000 posts, if I'm not mistaken.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As for Larry, I don't think he's political much. He posted this the other day. I sent him a link to the forums. He does not post a lot of political stuff - usually just family stuff. This is relatively new:

This is the article he's talking about: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...ls-us-bad-hand
    Thanks SO MUCH for posting this. What huge respect I have for Larry Lepard. His post is spot on. I think I would do well to read it as a mantra every morning.

I can never forget Thanksgiving 2007.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Today-page-17A

What a true hero. The best that RPF ever had on board.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Truth Warrior? First forum member to reach 1,000 posts, if I'm not mistaken.
    Truth Warrior became Ronin Truth until that name got banned...I am not sure who he is now, but I suspect he's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    He has returned from the undead. Nobody knows though what he had to do to achieve that , do you think he still has a soul ?
    Do something Danke

Lucille.

I spoke with her on Twitter but I miss her here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Lucille.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I think Lucille will be back .
    Do something Danke

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast