Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RPF members missing in action...

JK/SEA?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lucille

JFK III

Deborah K
    Last edited by Carlybee; 08-11-2017 at 01:07 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some people have specifically told me outside this forum (some inside) that they won't come back til blatant trolls are dealt with. At least one was named in this thread. That's what happens when you passively let trolls overrun your site and don't deal with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    That's what happens when you passively let trolls overrun your site and don't deal with them.
    Interesting theory. Problem is, it doesn't hold water. Not a drop.

Trolls, so far as the definition goes, were here from the beginning. They have been a constant feature of the site. The forum rose with trolls around, peaked with trolls around, slid with trolls around. People liked having the trolls around. People used them for target practice, so their arguments would be sharp enough to use on the people they ran into elsewhere. Trolls were not what changed. Something did change, but that wasn't it. So, obviously, if the forum changed, if its fortunes changed, and trolls were a constant, there must be another, better explanation.

There is a car magazine called Car and Driver. In the 1980s it was exceptionally popular. It had some very good writers at that time. Some were extremely well versed in engineering. Some were very colorful and prosaic writers in the Tom McCahill tradition. The writers of this very successful magazine formed cliques along those very lines. The engineers banded together against what they perceived as the 'wine and cheese faction'. And they eventually drove them out, at which time they founded Automobile magazine. But Automobile never achieved the popularity of Car and Driver. What's more, Car and Driver never again achieved its old popularity, either. The gearheads and the wine and cheese set may have resented each other and had trouble getting along, but their readers wanted both. They wanted to have the engineering of the new cars explained to them as though they were intelligent adults, but they wanted the more amusing banter and colorful prose too. They appreciated the fact that, with two factions fighting for the limited space in the magazine, only the very best writing from both factions made the cut. No page of that magazine wasted your time; it was worth reading from cover to cover. The audience was complex and sophisticated, and had enough sides to their personalities to appreciate both factions more than the factions appreciated each other.

The Establishment loves to divide and conquer. They tried and failed to do it to us--they tried and failed to distract us into supporting the lesser of their hand-selected evils--through two election cycles. But they are nothing if not persistent. After all, they basically have all the power in the world to lose. And this last time they divided and conquered us--or if they didn't, you can never tell it by looking at this forum.

They turned members into trolls. They divided us so adroitly we couldn't tell members from trolls. Which freedom-loving members were the trolls became a subject of serious contention.

How did they do it? Did they fool us with their 24/7 news cycle proclaiming every minute of every day that Trump the Billionaire Celebrity of the Deep State Media was anti-establishment? Did they do it by throwing us a chicken bone or two, like the end of the TPP? Did they just send better trolls? Or did Bryan lack the good sense that Josh had, and take sides where Josh never did?

Does it matter? Car and Driver probably did finally figure out how they screwed the pooch. But it was too late to keep their readers. They were never able to fix it.

Once upon a time the Powers that Be made an aisle. And they drew it down the middle of the country, and used it to divide the people against themselves. And the powerful gained, and the people, being divided, fell, and suffered.

Then one day, a guy named Ron Paul drew people from both sides of that aisle. And the people from both sides of that aisle learned they had less to fear from their fellow citizens from across that aisle than they did from the powers that be. And it was promising, and it looked like a lot of good could come from it.

Then the Powers that Be fixed their aisle, and the people stopped talking to each other again. And they went back to suffering, and the Powers that Be lived happily ever after.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-12-2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Spikender

How about all the mods who flew the coop? Nirv. Nayjevin. Cowlesy. Even Kotin...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    How about all the mods who flew the coop? Nirv. Nayjevin. Cowlesy. Even Kotin...
    I assumed Dr Kotin would rejoin us when his Med school work allows him the time to do so. Hope he's still okay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I assumed Dr Kotin would rejoin us when his Med school work allows him the time to do so. Hope he's still okay...
    I hope Kotin is learning how to make a good martini in case I ever need to see him for any ailments .

Yeah, no kidding.

Interesting theory. Problem is, it doesn't hold water. Not a drop.

Tell that to the people who said they specifically left because of the trolls.

The Establishment loves to divide and conquer....They turned members into trolls.
    LOL. Make sure you pick up some Reynolds Wrap for me too.

It's funny how you see unicorn conspiracies, but don't even have the sense to see the fact I just told you and what's happening right under your nose.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 08-12-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell that to the people who said the specifically left because of the trolls.
    Why don't you ask them how they define 'troll'? Does everyone consider only Zippy and his ilk, who can be counted upon to pop up in every thread which criticizes the Federal Reserve, to be trolls? Or did this last cycle cause cajuncocoa and jmdrake to be considered trolls by dannno and Liberty_Eagle?

If Ron Paul thinks Trump is establishment and Bryan doesn't, and Bryan owns the site but it's named after Paul, was Bryan trolling his own site when he openly supported Trump?

I may have taught you a thing or two about troll hunting. But it seems I failed to teach you the difference between a troll, and a citizen who doesn't see eye-to-eye with you. But there is a difference there. An important one.

But that's neither here nor there. Hordes of Trump fans may be paid trolls, or they may be a temporary influx of useful idiots, or they may be (certainly were) a mix of both. But at the end of the day, they were not handled the way the Obamabots were. One method worked to grow the site, the other produced this result.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-12-2017 at 02:49 PM.

I may have taught you a thing or two about troll hunting.
    LOL. Please tell me more sensei.

Hordes of Trump fans may be paid trolls, or they may be a temporary influx of useful idiots, or they may be (certainly were) a mix of both.
    Yeah, probably that RPF user named The Establishment and his sidekick called The Powers that Be.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Tell that to the people who said they specifically left because of the trolls..
    The site won't be a match fit for everyone, for two reasons. 1. We have guidelines that allow for some troll like behavior. This is of value to prevent an echo chamber. 2. I can not perfectly run the site as I'd hope.

In all cases, we ask that people report posts and the staff will try to apply the guidelines. That doesn't mean we'll ban at will and threats of leaving won't change our focus on principles first. This matters. In full disclosure, we're had people leave because of you NCL, calling you a troll, but we stood by our process.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    I'm not aware where I have ever supported Trump, if it was viewed as so then it was a failure on my part. What I did support was the fulfillment of an evaluation process that was most fair to all members. I am not an all knowing entity and value our members intelligent. I did extensive work to create a more detailed evaluation system even.

The evaluation on Trump did not end positive.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    BTW, thanks for the back story on Car and Driver, I was a huge fan and subscriber back in the 80's. Even got a few silly LTE / Men of Few Words letters printed.

Or did this last cycle cause cajuncocoa and jmdrake to be considered trolls by dannno and Liberty_Eagle?
    For the record, while I have disagreed quite a bit with dannno on all sorts of issues from bestiality to Trump, I've never been called a troll by him, nor do I think he is a troll, just misinformed. I care nothing about the opinion of the other person you mentioned and I have not cared for a long time.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I'm not aware where I have ever supported Trump, if it was viewed as so then it was a failure on my part. What I did support was the fulfillment of an evaluation process that was most fair to all members. I am not an all knowing entity and value our members intelligent. I did extensive work to create a more detailed evaluation system even.

The evaluation on Trump did not end positive.
    ^This. I was once hopeful that Trump might be non-interventionist. Now he's talking about a military opinion for freaking Venezuela?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    what happened to Danke?....read a cryptic post in another thread alluding to his death?....wtf....really?
    What about JM Drake ?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Presence?
    I still read.

I $#@!ed my rt elbow in February splitting firewood.
    Typing speed went from 80 wpm to hunt and peck lefty...

RPF is among the other million things, now on hold, that righty used to do.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

CPUd

...got temp banned, is now unbanned, hasn't been back AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I hope Kotin is learning how to make a good martini in case I ever need to see him for any ailments .
    Do med students have time for that? #interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Personally I enjoy hearing the devils advocate and resulting rebuttals sometimes. If it gets too "troll" I just move on. I hate censorship with a passion, and the seeming lack of it is one of the main things that drew me to this forum and keeps me checkin back in.

I can learn from the so called "unhealthy discourses" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    JK/SEA?
    He was moving a couple weeks ago . I figured it would take that long to get done , unpacked and everything up and running .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast