Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Back Up To $1000

Bitcoin Back Up To $1000

Sell price is $1000 here on New Years Day 2017 at around 1:20 PM Pacific time.

https://www.coinbase.com/charts

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump $1014 now.

bump for no one cares that BTC is back over $1000

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    The only folks who care are the half dozen or so of us that have been trying to educate the rest of the forum about why bitcoin was important over the last few years because we new this day was coming again yet the rest of the flock paid no mind. However, we've reached a pricing level where the average mainstream financial person would consider this a respectable token to add to their portfolio, 3 figures not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The only folks who care are the half dozen or so of us that have been trying to educate the rest of the forum about why bitcoin was important over the last few years because we new this day was coming again yet the rest of the flock paid no mind. However, we've reached a pricing level where the average mainstream financial person would consider this a respectable token to add to their portfolio, 3 figures not so much.
    Thank you for the thoughtful comment. Interesting about the "4 figure" psychology that you posit.

I think Bitcoin will get more attention once it starts pushing into new highs. Until then it's like a dotcom stock, it flew high and just hasn't recovered yet.

Now that it's passed 1k for a few days it's getting closer.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Seems kinda' mini-volatile around $1000 right now. Pin-balling from $990-something to around $1020-something...

The truth of the matter is if the supposed "liberty" oriented people used bitcoin we'd have enough of a network of users to make living outside goobermint money possible for some, or mostly for many. However, I get the feeling that most of the liberty movement is merely composed of natural contrarians, and this movement is just a convenient niche to always be an oppressed group and provide infinite source material to complain and whine about.

However, here we are with a couple percent of the users participating, more users will whine about the fed than do anything about it.

Gold will never replace $#@!, it's easy to confiscate and manipulate. Bitcoin may still fail but that would be because of the ballless anarcho-capitalists, libertarians, etc... don't put their money where their mouth is.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems kinda' mini-volatile around $1000 right now. Pin-balling from $990-something to around $1020-something...
    It's in a clear uptrend, though. I honestly don't see a situation in which it doesn't make new highs now. There's no resistance from above anymore, and this coupled with an established trend will inevitably push it higher. How high cannot be known for certain.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    It's in a clear uptrend, though. I honestly don't see a situation in which it doesn't make new highs now. There's no resistance from above anymore, and this coupled with an established trend will inevitably push it higher. How high cannot be known for certain.
    Simple money inflation should push it up as well.

As a non bitcoin owner, I don't see why pointing out such an increase is a good thing. Do you want it to be an investment or a valid currency? I still kick myself for not buying when it was worth $7 when I found out about it, but that's only because I could have got rich by dumping it. The long term value is in using it as a currency to bypass local laws and interest & exchange rates.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    As a non bitcoin owner, I don't see why pointing out such an increase is a good thing. Do you want it to be an investment or a valid currency? I still kick myself for not buying when it was worth $7 when I found out about it, but that's only because I could have got rich by dumping it. The long term value is in using it as a currency to bypass local laws and interest & exchange rates.
    In order for it to be a valid currency it needs a high enough total "value" to facilitate the economic activity. Bitcoin is "worth" like 15 Billion dollars in USD total. That's simply to small to facilitate any real levels of economic activity, therefore it must go up in value if it becomes widely used. There are a maximum of 21 million bitcoin ever, so the only path is higher value if actual use increased dramatically.

Widespread use also requires mining resources, and there are two ways to attract miners. One way is to use the currency and pay the fees to the miners for each transaction. The other way is to increase the value of bitcoin by investing in it so that the rewards miners get are worth more.

Early adopters, whether they are using the bitcoin or investing in it because they believe it holds future value, help to support the bitcoin infrastructure and as it is more successful they will be rewarded by the market for doing so.

If I had bought a few hundred or more bitcoin back in the day, I would be trying to hold onto the vast majority but I would probably have taken some profits a few times by now. I was about to buy some back when it was $13, but I am glad I got in at $70, then bought in some more when it dipped back down into the 300s.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-03-2017 at 02:42 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There are some very valid uses of it that are very practical for people like me. For instance, I can't send money back to the US from China except through a Chinese friend. If I were able to connect a Chinese bank account to a bitcoin exchange, however, I could independently transfer money all I wanted at very low costs, no hassle, and no reliance on other people. These qualities alone make it viable, but nobody really knows what its true worth should be. The market appears to still be making up its mind, but it's clear that it has practical utility.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

I am holding out for 1 million .
    Do something Danke

I would have been using it all along if I could use it anywhere I shop , so basically it is just an investment .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    but nobody really knows what its true worth should be. The market appears to still be making up its mind, but it's clear that it has practical utility.
    Currencies including the US dollar change value constantly. So does gold and silver.

Bitcoin has been more volatile, but on the whole it keeps going up (especially if you're looking at more longterm moving averages), and there is no problem with using currencies that are increasing in value because when you spend it, it is more likely to be worth more than when you got it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Dang… I sold mine when it jumped back up to $500ish months ago.
    Patience is a virtue. I'll learn next time.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

The long term value is in using it as a currency to bypass local laws and interest & exchange rates.
    The long term value in bitcoin is very simple, it is 2 fold deflationary:

DEATH AND TAXES

DEATH: every time a bitcoin holder dies and fails to leave keys, the value of bitcoin relative to dollar increases

TAXES: every day fiat money supply rises; the value of bitcoin relative to fiat increases; inflation tax

if you believe people will keep dying and governments will keep taxing
    then you should keep your savings in crypto,
    simple as that
    Last edited by presence; 01-03-2017 at 01:17 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would have been using it all along if I could use it anywhere I shop , so basically it is just an investment .
    I've used it online only at newegg.com, 1 purchase on openbazaar, 1 at overstock, and got some things on fasttech. Yeah, it sucks this constant battle over increasing the blocksize and segwit. Really, only physical stores will jump on once a fast solution is integrated like the lightning network or whatnot.

In my opinion the next "HUGE" pop will happen after transaction capacity increase and functional lightning network integration. If those things happen, I believe a 1000.00/ bitcoin will be the same as we view a 100/bitcoin today, along with the I should have dumped my lifesavings in when it was cheap stories.

But no absolute guarantee that will happen. I think I'll sell if it becomes clear no capacity increase will be happening.

$1065.00 right now.

1092 on finnex. Spitting distance to Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    The truth of the matter is if the supposed "liberty" oriented people used bitcoin we'd have enough of a network of users to make living outside goobermint money possible for some, or mostly for many. However, I get the feeling that most of the liberty movement is merely composed of natural contrarians, and this movement is just a convenient niche to always be an oppressed group and provide infinite source material to complain and whine about.

However, here we are with a couple percent of the users participating, more users will whine about the fed than do anything about it.

Gold will never replace $#@!, it's easy to confiscate and manipulate. Bitcoin may still fail but that would be because of the ballless anarcho-capitalists, libertarians, etc... don't put their money where their mouth is.
    My reply to you is more for others to read, since I know we've discussed this before.

I agree with your sentiment. And it isn't just bitcoin/currency, though I also agree that currency organization would be probably the most central thing we could organize around given the supposed "end the fed" focus of this movement.

It seems to me people don't want to take the first steps towards any realistic achievable goal. Using a currency, even as an experiment....Holding themselves accountable by participating in a grassroots activity like attending a meetup, or even adding themselves to a mailing list, etc. etc.. There are exceptions of course but after years of looking at the base of this thing people call a "movement" it seems there's a lot of despair and moaning and groaning, which tends to make the words they say pretty accurate but also, strategically speaking, leads those same people to rationalize their inaction by leaning on a future interpreted through the lens of despair.

"Here's what's wrong with everything.....but there's no point. We are doomed!"

People who see and can communicate the truth are rare.
    People like that who also still have hope and motivation are even rarer.
    People like that who also have a mind for strategy and action are even rarer.

The big dream of some kind of "ambiogenesis" happening in this movement would be for the second group of people to follow the third. But for every person we got trying to rub two sticks together to get that fire going, we probably got 1000 just wanting the world to burn down.

Bitcoin would be a great place to start. Hell, even if people understood the public ledger aspect of it and how it antithetical to corrupt money practices. Price instability could be fixed easily because you could simply peg a subset of the volume to gold if you wished. But again, problem isn't even knowledge, it's people's motivation and mindset about "what they are doing" in general. We don't have an education problem, we have an attitude problem.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    1137.... Top that!
    Coinbase is "offline." Hmmmm...interesting...

Now when I click on Coinbase I get "Rate limit exceeded" whatever that means. Just those words on a white screen.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast