Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 233 of 233

Thread: Bitcoin Back Up To $1000

  1. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am still holding out for 1 million to cash out .
    Bitcoin is a bubble, its totally going to pop after it hits 1 or 2 million
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #212

    Default

    if i put my savings into bitcoin last year i'd be able to retire in my 30's
    too risky though
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

    We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

    ...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

    How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

  4. #213

  5. #214

    Default

    https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@adambal...llow-the-money

    Is this it? The stealth central-banker takeover?
    "I have a strong temperamental attachment to the meaning of words. In the age I find myself in, that condemns me to a daily dose of pain." - John Derbyshire
    "Give me control of the scientists' money supply and I care not who fakes the results."
    "I can find millions of 'social problems' such as: 'Too many red-headed people have hangnails'." - Murray Rothbard

  6. #215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@adambal...llow-the-money

    Is this it? The stealth central-banker takeover?
    Don't think so, the majority are pro-segwit, which is backed by core, which does have some employed by blockstream. Segwit will allow almost twice the present transaction rate, and make it easy to implement lightning network. There is nothing stopping a block size increase after that.

    The other side is some miners, the most vocal of which is bitmain, which has been shown to have implemented asicboost into it's miners. AsicBoost allows them to skip a lot of work and thus save power, and segwit would greatly reduce that ability. Bitmain supposedly has patented the process in china, however, the process was already patented in the US previously. so, china being china. Non-creative thieves like ferengi. Thus why they are for a basic blocksize increase of simply doubling the blocksize, which would not effect asicboost. "Convenient" position.

    IMO, the worst player in all of Bitcoinland is Bitmain.

  7. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Don't think so, the majority are pro-segwit, which is backed by core, which does have some employed by blockstream. Segwit will allow almost twice the present transaction rate, and make it easy to implement lightning network. There is nothing stopping a block size increase after that.

    The other side is some miners, the most vocal of which is bitmain, which has been shown to have implemented asicboost into it's miners. AsicBoost allows them to skip a lot of work and thus save power, and segwit would greatly reduce that ability. Bitmain supposedly has patented the process in china, however, the process was already patented in the US previously. so, china being china. Non-creative thieves like ferengi. Thus why they are for a basic blocksize increase of simply doubling the blocksize, which would not effect asicboost. "Convenient" position.

    IMO, the worst player in all of Bitcoinland is Bitmain.
    I'm not qualified to judge the technical merits of both sides, but the discussion is interesting .

    https://np.reddit.com/r/btc/comments...2_axa_3_state/

    What would be the best result for BTC and cryptocurrencies in general? Well, for one of them to become _money_ some day, usable in retail and p2p transactions.

    Would it be best for BTC to fix the scaling problems soonish or would the cryptocurrency field benefit more from giving the altcoin developers more time to grow possibly superior solutions, possibly Masternode/DAO based like DASH?
    "I have a strong temperamental attachment to the meaning of words. In the age I find myself in, that condemns me to a daily dose of pain." - John Derbyshire
    "Give me control of the scientists' money supply and I care not who fakes the results."
    "I can find millions of 'social problems' such as: 'Too many red-headed people have hangnails'." - Murray Rothbard

  8. #217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merkelstan View Post
    I'm not qualified to judge the technical merits of both sides, but the discussion is interesting .

    https://np.reddit.com/r/btc/comments...2_axa_3_state/

    What would be the best result for BTC and cryptocurrencies in general? Well, for one of them to become _money_ some day, usable in retail and p2p transactions.

    Would it be best for BTC to fix the scaling problems soonish or would the cryptocurrency field benefit more from giving the altcoin developers more time to grow possibly superior solutions, possibly Masternode/DAO based like DASH?
    The only way bitcoin can be a truly global method of payment for billions around the world is via 2nd layer additions like lightning which needs transaction malleability fix in segwit to work smoothly . Simply doubling the blocksize, or increasing it to 20MB will not change that situation. So, there is no long term merit to the miners position and they know it. they are simply milking an advantage for short term profits and hurting bitcoin.

    Segwit could be active in weeks, all it takes is for the rogue miners to signal for it, but the Bitmain cabal refuses. So, the fastest path to increased capacity is segwit. A hardfork to increase blocksize will take months, probably a year, simply because the whole ecosystem has to upgrade for a hardfork in advance.

    I see little value being added by DASH, it doesn't do anything new and very few businesses accept it, that could change I guess, but I think it's just riding the hype cycle mostly. Ethereum is trying new things, but they're a bit reckless IMO. Ethereum could take over though if they prove Ethereum to be stable long term and actually create some useful applications for it.

  9. #218

  10. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    $2515.00 now. The volatility in BTC is now getting to be rather silly.
    $2718.98 now. From my naive point of view, I don't understand why whatever is creating the volatility isn't already priced into the market and thereby removing it.
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-05-2017 at 06:56 PM.

  11. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Bitcoin is a bubble, its totally going to pop after it hits 1 or 2 million
    It will probably crash an entire 100,000 USD, down to $1.9 Million. But will bounce back to $2 million about 5 days thereafter..
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-05-2017 at 08:22 PM.

  12. #221

    Default

    $2793.00

    So here we are 9 days after the crash, back to where we were. And knocking on the door of a new all-time high.

  13. #222

  14. #223

    Default

    $2823.98 now. This is the first time I've ever seen it over $2800.

  15. #224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Isn't that quite a big spread between "bid" and "asked?"
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-05-2017 at 11:12 PM.

  16. #225

    Default

    Does anyone who follows this stuff more seriously than I know why Coindesk's quote on BTC is about $40 higher than Coinbase?

  17. #226

  18. #227

  19. #228

    Default

    Sorry if this is a dupe but I found it interesting.

    Bitcoin could hit $100,000 in 10 years, says the analyst who correctly called its $2,000 price

    Bitcoin could hit $100,000 in 10 years, says the analyst who correctly called its $2,000 price Bitcoin could hit $100,000 in 10 years, says the analyst who correctly called its $2,000 price

    Bitcoin's price has the potential to hit over $100,000 in 10 years, which would mark a 3,483 percent rise from its recent record high, an analyst who correctly predicted the cryptocurrency's rally this year told CNBC on Tuesday.

    In December, Saxo Bank published its annual report called "Outrageous Predictions" with one of the forecasts calling for bitcoin to hit $2,000 in 2017. At the time the note was published, bitcoin was trading at around $754, so the target price represented a 165 percent rise. Bitcoin hit $2,000 on May 20.

    But now, Kay Van-Petersen, the analyst behind the call, is looking long term and sees a big rise ahead for bitcoin.

    How will bitcoin hit $100,000

    Here's how he came up with his price target in 10 years.

    Van-Petersen is assuming cryptocurrencies in general – not just bitcoin – will account for 10 percent of the average daily volumes (ADV) of fiat currency trade in 10 years. Foreign exchange ADV currently stands at just over $5 trillion, according to the Bank for International Settlements.

    Ten percent of $5 trillion is $500 billion. This is the ADV that cryptocurrencies could have. Bitcoin will account for 35 percent of that market share, which would that $175 billion of the $500 billion figure, he said. This would mean that $175 billion worth of bitcoin would be traded every day

    Also, Van-Petersen then implies that bitcoin's market capitalization would be ten times the average daily volume, giving a figure of $1.75 trillion for the market cap. The current figure is around $37.8 billion, according to data from industry website CoinDesk.

    Bitcoin has a limited supply of 21 million which is expected to be reached by the year 2140. In 10 years, the analyst thinks that there will be 17 million bitcoin in circulation, up from the current 16.3 million figure.

    If the potential 17 million of bitcoins in supply is divided by the $1.75 trillion market cap estimate, then each bitcoin would be worth just over $100,000.

    ...
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/bitco...-10-years.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

  20. #229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Sorry if this is a dupe but I found it interesting.


    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/31/bitco...-10-years.html
    I saw an article where one prediction offered was for doubling every year, which would also come out to around $100K in ten years (i.e. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 1012).
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-06-2017 at 08:13 PM.

  21. #230

  22. #231

    Default

    $2918.69 = Coinbase sell price.

    Coinbase changed their website and they now post one number on their homepage that is somewhere between the buy and sell price. Until a few days ago they showed both the buy and sell price, I believe. Without having to log in. And the spread between the buy and sell price now seems greater than before. Seems like it usually was about $12, but right now it's about $30.

  23. #232

  24. #233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    It will probably crash an entire 100,000 USD, down to $1.9 Million. But will bounce back to $2 million about 5 days thereafter..
    And I will enjoy reading the 15 articles on why bitcoin is crashing.

    And then the 15 articles on why bitcoin is booming.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678





Similar Threads

  1. 1000 mined Bitcoin from 2010 just moved
    By kpitcher in forum Bitcoin / Cryptocurrencies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2016, 09:33 AM
  2. Bitcoin back to up $864 Before Christmas
    By presence in forum Bitcoin / Cryptocurrencies
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM
  3. Bitcoin bouncing back
    By jmdrake in forum Bitcoin / Cryptocurrencies
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 09:03 PM
  4. Bitcoin bouncing back
    By jmdrake in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 09:03 PM
  5. 1000 meetups = 1000 TV commercials
    By jointhefightforfreedom in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •