Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braindead by the movies

Braindead by the movies

A long time ago when I still had a telescreen in my home, if I watched a movie, usually within 10 minutes I already had the story of the movie figured out. All of these movies have the same build up: the hero has a happy life, then something goes terribly wrong and in the end (after you think it can only go wrong) we get a happy ending.
    Usually my predictions were pretty accurate. I don’t know if the movies actually got more mind numbing or that I got better at predicting them.

SEVEN STORYLINES
    The following article describes that there are only 7 stories that sum up all of movies: http://lenwilson.us/seven-stories/
    According to Vladimir Propp there is a limited set of only 8 character types in all stories: http://changingminds.org/disciplines...p_personae.htm
    I happened to me a few times that I couldn’t predict how a movie would end. For me this was actually the reason to keep watching Then out of nowhere... wham - the main character wakes up and it was all a dream. Instead of being bored by the predictability, I got mad for being fooled by a story that wasn’t even a (real) story.

HOLLYWOOD – CIA, PENTAGON
    Ever since WW II (and even before) the main objective of the film industry is propaganda. The Hollywood blockbuster movies are not only brainwashing the USA, but even the rest of the world.
    The CIA has been paying Hollywood to tell the story of how the good American government makes war for peace: 1) Oscar winner “Argo” is a manipulated story about the Iran hostage crisis (in reality the Reagan-Bush team paid Iran to NOT release the hostages); 2) “Zero Dark Thirty” tells how torturing “unlawful combatants” led to catching Osama Bin Laden; 3) the CIA “advised” Tom Clancy for “The Hunt for Red October”, “Patriot Games” and “The Sum of All Fears” : http://www.globalresearch.ca/screen-...he-cia/5324589
    Since the 1910s there is a strong affiliation between Hollywood and the Pentagon. The Pentagon has given “advice” and provided material and personnel for lots of movies; Phil Strub of the Pentagon alone was involved with over 50 movies: http://america.aljazeera.com/article...loitation.html
    The following 11 movies (since 2001) are all US propaganda (many with the help of CIA and/or Pentagon) – Pearl Harbor, The Sum of all fears, United 93, The hurt locker, Iron man, Skyfall, Zero dark thirty, Argo, Captain Philips, The interview, American sniper: http://screechingkettle.blogspot.nl/...-films_26.html
    The US government pays lots of money to the film industry to spread propaganda. In 2010 alone $1.5 billion in state funding was donated to filmmakers: https://pando.com/2014/02/20/hollywo...ing-taxpayers/
    Filthy slime Michael Moore got $840,000 for his movie "Capitalism: A Love Story" from the Michigan Film Office, while as part of the Film Office Advisory Council he advised to give him this money: https://www.mackinac.org/12025
    In my opinion the most horrible propaganda movies aren’t even American, but the James Bond series.

DISNEY – BEAUTY IS MORE THAN SKIN DEEP
    In general Disney movies taught us that: Poor people are stupid, dirty, fat, uncivilised and ugly; Rich people are superior in every way; You can see that people are mean by how ugly they are; Beautiful people are more intelligent, better and richer than ugly people; The villain is hideous;
    The young heroin is always the depiction of beauty: extremely thin in the waist with big breasts; The princes and male heroes are all handsome: tall, slim and muscular.
    The following explains how Disney movies teaches children to discriminate: http://www.cracked.com/article_16905...e-lessons.html
    The Lion King - In order to be successful, others have to pay (and die) and ultimately, that's what makes you a winner.
    The Little Mermaid - It’s stupid to not sell your soul to the (sea) Devil to get what you want.
    Beauty and the Beast – A born prince is always better than a poor slob (even when he looks like a beast). A prince deserves to get the good looking babe, because he’s a prince. The prince should be forgiven for misbehaving, because he’s a prince. In the end the prince transforms back to his beautiful self to make it a real happy end.
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame - Ugly guys never get the beautiful girl, even if they're devoted.
    Sleeping Beauty – When a woman wakes up to find a (poor) man that’s she doesn’t know on top of her, she yells rape. But because here she’s molested by a prince, she marries him.
    The Fox and the Hound – Differences are a good reason to segregate. Never become friends with somebody that is different.

DISNEY – RACISM
    In many pictures other races (than the “superior” white race) are mumbling fools. The following story is reasonably good, but ends with the strange conclusion that Disney movies aren’t really racist at all: https://storify.com/snelltl/are-disney-movies-racist
    Aladdin - The Merchant describes Arabs in the Middle East in the opening song with “I come from a land from a faraway place, where the caravan camels roam. Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face, it's barbaric but, hey, it's home!
    Dumbo - At the beginning of the movie some black men are helping set up the circus. These blacks have featureless faces and sing: "We work all day, we work all night, we never learned to read or write; we work all night, we work all day; and can't wait to spend our pay away".
    Another example of racism in “Dumbo” are the 3 black crows: depicting Africans that always smoke, speak without proper grammar and wear poor man’s clothes. This is pure racism of intelligent, highly civilised crows by dressed up apes like us.
    The Jungle Book - The apes are gibberish-spouting monkeys talking jive and obviously portray Africans.
    Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers - The Siamese Twin Gang are depicted as Asians - the villains, criminals of the movie - who speak mangled English.
    Fantasia – The African centaur is a hoof-polishing handmaiden for the pretty “white” centaurs. She is darker than the other centaurs, with hoop earrings, big lips and braided hair.
    Peter Pan - In a song it is explained that Native Americans lost their natural white skin colour because of blushing red after kissing a girl. Furthermore the Indians repeatedly show misogynistic tendencies. None of the Indians speak besides the chief (naturally in a very broken jargon).
    The Lion King - The hyenas are clearly a gang speaking in slang. The hyenas - represent the blacks and Latinos - aren’t allowed to enter the Pride Lands and are banished once they cross the border. Obviously they don’t belong where “we” live (but then who will clean our houses and offices?).
    Mickey Mouse and the Boy Thursday (Book) – Way back in the 1940s Mickey Mouse gets a crate with West African bananas. There’s a surprise African inside: a real savage that commits all kinds of violence.
    Pocahontas – This shows the evil mass murdering colonialists in a favourable light (falsifying history in the process). The real story was that "Pocahontas" was stolen at 10/11 years old from her father by (the white) John Smith. In 1612, at the age of 17, Pocahontas was taken prisoner by the English and held at Jamestown for over a year. Pocahontas was only released after she agreed to marry the 28-year-old widower John Rolfe. In March 1617 Pocahontas died at the age of 21 after she was forced off the ship on which she travelled with Rolfe and their son: http://www.powhatan.org/pocc.html

DISNEY - SEXUAL MESSAGES
    It’s amazing how many sexual messages are (hidden) in Disney cartoons. Maybe children are groomed by these messages to think that sex (with rich adults) is OK: http://uk.complex.com/pop-culture/20...ing-of-thieves
    In the following fragment we can see that the bishop is very aroused. The spokesman for Disney has explained that “It’s his knees” (let’s do the math: “It’s”=1; “knees”=2): https://youtu.be/InFLnzeQjWw
    In “The little Mermaid” one of the castle’s golden towers looked like a giant penis. The following penis is even more blatant: Mickey Mouse’s hand holding what should be Minnie Mouse’s body.

In the 1977 version of The Rescuers, there was a topless woman in the window.

I don’t know any character in cartoons for children as overtly sexual as Jessica Rabbit in “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”, but didn’t know she doesn’t wear panties.

STEVEN SPIELBERG
    The single most commercially successful director of all time is Steven Spielberg.
    Although his movies are pitifully predictable and filled with all kinds of clichés, his early movies often struck a chord with me. From the end of the 1980s his movies filled me with ever more disgust. He’s also involved in producing computer games.
    The following quote by Peter Biskind sums up nicely the purpose of Spielberg’s productions: "infantilizing the audience, reconstituting the spectator as child, then overwhelming him and her with sound and spectacle, obliterating irony, aesthetic self-consciousness, and critical reflection”.
    The following quotes about Spielberg’s involvement with both the Pentagon and Bilderberg can be found in “Order out of chaos” by John Paul Watson:
    In February 1997 a leading light in the British film industry leaked the story that Spielberg and executives of his company DreamWorks had secretly met with senior Pentagon officials in Los Angeles. The officials told Spielberg to ‘stop everything’ and produce a movie whose subject matter involved meteors and/or comets.
    One year later Deep Impact was in the can. The film describes a comet hurtling towards earth and the fight for who has the privilege of access to an underground bunker. Who were these Pentagon officials and why were they so eager for Bilderberg asset Spielberg to produce a movie about a threat from outer space?
    (...)
    Steven Spielberg is known to have attended Bilderberg in 1999 and perhaps in other years. There are also allegations that the infamous “Alien Autopsy” and “Alien Interview” footage were Spielberg productions.
    Here’s a story about how Spielberg is supposedly involved in getting the world ready for the alien false flag attack (interesting but in fact disinformation): http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/so...nspiracy48.htm
    On August 11, 1999 Spielberg received the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service from Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen at the Pentagon.
    Spielberg is also close with the Clintons. Spielberg supported Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign with $1 million. Here’s Spielberg with Bill Clinton as he accepts the 2009 Philadelphia Liberty Medal.

SATANIC MESSAGES IN CARTOONS
    We are bombarded with so many satanic images, that we think these are “normal”. Because all of these superstars show these satanic symbols - Satanism is even becoming hip.
    Just look at the famous Walt Disney logo; it is written in a peculiar way: with a hidden 666666 in it. The first 3 sixes are highlighted in red. The 4th is the “W” starting from right to left in reverse; the 5th is the top “horizontal” part of the “t”; the 6th is in the “D” in reverse. Maybe “six” is another reference to “sex”.

In Disney movies often sorcerers and witches appear. In “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”, the sorcerer is named “Yen Sid”, which is “Disney” spelled backwards.
    Here are some satanic images in cartoons: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3669038
    The Duck Tales - a sign in the back with the phrase: ''ASK ABOUT ILLUMINATI''.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 07-06-2017 at 09:13 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this is that list of 7

1. man against man
    2. man against nature
    3. man against himself
    4. man against God
    5. man against society
    6. man caught in the middle
    7. man and woman

Teenage girl angst -
    women in general...?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Fortunately someone else made a more recent list, which I like better. So here are the new and improved 7 basic plots...
    Overcoming the Monster
    Rags to Riches
    The Quest
    Voyage and Return
    Comedies
    Tragedies
    Rebirth

So I watched Bad Moms a few days ago. The damage that the portrayal of fake people in fake situations with fake resolutions extends to nearly every part of the psyche. The movie was a bit raunchy for my taste, but my real issue is the depiction that all men are bumbling stupid worthless selfish idiots that do nothing to deserve the respect of anyone. The value that men are given in many movies and shows is only what can be taken from them and are disposable otherwise. These are fake people doing fake things and although watching a movie from time to time can provide us with some escapism from the real world stressors we all experience every day, the Suspension of Disbelief most people embrace when watching fiction has caused too many to see these fake characters as the way real people are, and by extension, the way of extension, the upper limit of our potential. There is very little that is empowering to the Nuclear Family in flicks like Bad Moms. I would personally not mind it as much if the same messages are not repeated consistently through every damn movie.

I also watched Its a Wonderful Life for Christmas. Having worked at NBC for the better part of a decade every Christmas, Its a Wonderful Life has become a tradition for me as it has been for NBC to air Its a Wonderful Life every Christmas. Despite having been made in 1946, it was a much better movie that provided a much higher entertainment value for me than these new RomCom Dramadys (Romantic Comedy Drama Tragedy) that due nothing but add to the degradation of our Mental Image of our fellow human beings. Sadly, too many of us enjoy being constantly lied to that our fellow humans have very little in the way of redeeming qualities. Yet, some of the most powerful phrases exist only in many of these movies.

"There is nothing Noble about being superior to another man. True Nobility comes from being superior to your former self."

Films toss around phrases like that in abundance then immediately turn back around and reinforce the concept of human disposability. If you want to watch movies, great.

Just remember these are fake characters in fake worlds doing fake $#@!.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    These are fake people doing fake things and although watching a movie from time to time can provide us with some escapism from the real world stressors we all experience every day, the Suspension of Disbelief most people embrace when watching fiction has caused too many to see these fake characters as the way real people are, and by extension, the way of extension, the upper limit of our potential.
    All of these movies and the TV tell us what and how we should think and live.
    When people "act" a little different than we should be - according to the movies - they (we) are simply made into outcasts.

This effect is even stronger for young people, because for them it's important to be hip. Children that don't dress and act according to the latest fashion have it very difficult at school (where the kids get even more state propaganda shoved down their throats).

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Note the protruding bone between the legs of the duck skeleton.

You're welcome.

So what is all this with Disney?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

All of these movies and the TV tell us what and how we should think and live.
    When people "act" a little different than we should be - according to the movies - they (we) are simply made into outcasts.

This effect is even stronger for young people, because for them it's important to be hip. Children that don't dress and act according to the latest fashion have it very difficult at school (where the kids get even more state propaganda shoved down their throats).
    Agreed, and that is also exaccerbated by shoving a bunch of kids together and telling them the only thing important about who they are is their date of manufacture, thus, sorting them into grades based on age. Couple that with the effects of the Department of Indoctrination (Education) on their fragile minds. Gotta get em while they are young.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Agreed, and that is also exaccerbated by shoving a bunch of kids together and telling them the only thing important about who they are is their date of manufacture, thus, sorting them into grades based on age. Couple that with the effects of the Department of Indoctrination (Education) on their fragile minds. Gotta get em while they are young.
    Couple this with a lifetime of living with debt you have no ability nor intention to pay off. This is guaranteed to produce some unusual outcomes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most people are brain-dead from public school; literature, movies, music, etc just reflect that- they don't lead it. People also love to hate & blame others for their own stupidity: finding the 666 in Disney's sig is definitely a stretch.

Also- fairy tales have been around a lot longer than Disney- many were hidden stories about Christ & the church. The handsome prince was Christ- the beautiful princess he saves, is the church. The Princess Bride is definitely a Christ story.

And there are also great films out there designed to wake people up or touch upon beauty. Frank Capra (Wonderful Life) was already mentioned- he did many wonderful films. Brad Pitt goes the extra mile to produce great stories- watch Fury and see how that affects you. The Matrix is an absolute eye-opener.

There are only so many stories to tell- it just depends on HOW you tell them.
    There is no spoon.

99% of movies and music is mind numbing, sin promoting garbage.

IF you don't believe me just get a netflix account... I just resubscribed for a month, I seriously could not find 1 worthwhile show on there after searching for 30 minutes last night. Most of it is badly made trash. I subscribe for a month to watch anything that might be good then cancel for a couple months. This time, they added nothing worth watching at all. Waste of 8.00 bucks. I think I'll have to subscribe once every 6 months going forward.

Did you predict that she kidnapped herself?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Jewish Hollywood

In September 2015, the Guardian published an article that Google search algorithms had to be fixed, because it showed that “Jews run Hollywood”: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Hollywood.html

I for one wouldn’t be surprised if, in a great example of freedom of speech, this thread would be removed from the internet search results, as this happens regularly: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-world/page2

The Jewish Joel Stein wrote an article for the LA Times of 19 December 2008 “Is Hollywood Run by Jews? You Bet”. For some reason, it was retitled: “Who runs Hollywood? C’mon”.
    Stein boasts that “Jews totally run Hollywood”.

A few of the high Jewish executives:
    News Corp, President Peter Chernin;
    Paramount Pictures, Chairman Brad Grey;
    Walt Disney, Chief Executive Robert Iger;
    Sony Pictures, Chairman Michael Lynton (Dutch Jew);
    Warner Bros, Chairman Barry Meyer;
    CBS Corp, Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (his great uncle was the first Prime Minister of Israel);
    MGM, Chairman Harry Sloan;
    NBC Universal, Chief Executive Jeff Zucker.

President of the actors' union, the Screen Actors Guild, Alan Rosenberg is also a Jew.
    ADL Chairman Abe Foxman told Stein:
    all eight major film studios are run by men who happen to be Jewish.
    Joel Stein explained:
    I had to scour the trades to come up with six Gentiles in high positions at entertainment companies. When I called them to talk about their incredible advancement, five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews. The sixth, AMC President Charlie Collier, turned out to be Jewish.
    In August 1996, the Jewish magazine Moment ran a front page article “Jews Run Hollywood—So What?”, written by the Jewish Michael Medved. For some reason, this was also retitled to: “Is Hollywood too Jewish
    Mevded describes how the Jew Michael Eisner, head of Walt Disney studios, only hired “highly paid” Jewish producers like Jeffrey Katzenberg, Michael Ovitz, and Joe Roth.
    Even studios bought by (non-Jews, Goyim) the Japanese Sony Corp and Rupert Murdoch, had to hire Jews for the powerful positions. When Mitsushita took over MCA-Universal, they kept the all-Jewish management triad of Lew Wasserman, Sid Scheinberg and Tom Pollack.

According to Medved:
    Jewish writers and directors employ unquestionably flattering depictions of Jews for audiences to react with sympathy and affection.
    (...)
    The combined weight of so many Jews in one of America’s most lucrative and important industries gives the Jews of Hollywood a great deal of political power.
    http://newobserveronline.com/jews-bo...-say-the-same/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/A5EIS)

In 1996, Marlon Brando had to apologise after he had said in an interview with Larry King:
    Hollywood is run by Jews; it is owned by Jews - and they should have a greater sensitivity about the issue of people who are suffering. Because... we have seen... the greaseball, we've seen the Chink, we've seen the slit-eyed dangerous Jap, we have seen the wily Filipino, we've seen everything but we never saw the kike. Because they knew perfectly well, that that is where you draw the [line].
    60 Minutes studied the top slots in Hollywood to conclude that "only" 60% of the most important positions in Hollywood were held by Jews.

More powerful Jews in Hollywood...
    Paramount, controlling stockholder Sumner Redstone, Head of studio Jon Dolgen, Head of production Sherry Lansing;
    Disney, CEO Michael Eisner, Deputy Head is Michael Ovitz; Head of studio Joe Roth;
    ICM, top positions Jeff Berg and Jim Wiatt;
    CAA, Jack Rapke, William Morris and Jon Burnham.

Hollywood was made by Eastern European Jewish immigrants.
    The Jews of the 1930s and 1940s gave us the vision of the Good America.
    From Ozzie and Harriet and Leave It to Beaver and I Love Lucy, all had mainly Jews as writers and producers: http://rense.com/general21/bet.htm

In 2011, according to The Guardian 45% of the “Top Twenty Directors of All Time” are Jewish
    That year’s Jewish Oscar nominees in the top categories featured a lot of Jews, including Natalie Portman and Hailee Steinfeld: http://www.momentmag.com/hollywood-oscars-and-the-jews/

The Jewish Neal Gabler, wrote a book on how the Jews started (and control) Hollywood “An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood” (1988).
    Neal Gabler, 6 Jews that made Hollywood

See the following excerpt of the documentary made in 1998 of Gabler’s book.
    It explains how the American Dream, Academy Awards (Oscars) and Broadway musicals were all invented by Jews.
    EDIT - videos were deleted.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCnKOKgWEmY

Here’s the full (?) documentary on Neal Gabler’s book (59:05): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaGBcHo9DI

Following is a list of some of the famous actor/actress Jews in the movie industry (with original name); this includes actors with only a Jewish father (sometimes called half-Jews). If I understand correctly everybody with a Jewish mother is a (full) Jew.

Woody Allen (born Allen Konigsberg)
    Tom Arnold
    Roseanne Barr; Jewish father
    Joan Collins

Billy Cristal
    Tony Curtis (Bernie Schwartz), whose daughter is Jamie Lee Curtis
    Sammy Davis Jr.
    Daniel Day-Lewis
    Kirk Douglas (Issur Danielovitch Demsky), whose son is Michael Douglas

Richard Dreyfuss
    Carrie Fisher; Jewish father
    Harrison Ford
    Zsa Zsa Gabor (Sara Gabor)

Judy Garland (Frances Gumm)
    Goldie Hawn
    Dustin Hoffman
    Harvey Keitel

Walter Matthau (Walter Matasschanskayasky)
    Paul Newman; Jewish father
    Gwyneth Paltrow (half-Jew)
    River and Joaquin Phoenix; brothers

Winona Ryder (Winona Laura Horowitz)
    Adam Sandler
    Alicia Silverstone
    Barbra Streisand
    Gene Wilder (Jerome Silberman)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...ican_actresses
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...an_male_actors
    Last edited by Firestarter; 10-11-2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Corrected list actors
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

There are plenty of movies that do not fit into simple categories.

Totally not photoshopped devil worship in ep. XV (what's the numerological significance?) of Winnie the Pooh. (What's the astrological significance of ursa? + honey hole + pot?)
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 01-13-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Nudes. Nazis. Penis.

Funny, I quote Joel Stein in my signature and its censored for "collectivism". Christ all mighty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Funny, I quote Joel Stein in my signature and its censored for "collectivism". Christ all mighty.
    Funny, you neg repped me claiming "The devil is in you!".

Explain how it is Satanic to recommend a film directed by a devout Christian?

In Disney movies often sorcerers and witches appear. In “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”, the sorcerer is named “Yen Sid”, which is “Disney” spelled backwards.
    Here are some satanic images in cartoons: https://www.therichest.com/world-ent...rite-cartoons/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/4O97W)

I've replaced the link in the previous quote with a working one, and the image was also deleted; note the boner on the skeleton on the left.
    Last edited by Firestarter; 03-09-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

I don't think this comes from Disney management directly. I've heard many aspiring animators feel mistreated or underpaid. If you abuse your most creative people long enough, they'll find artistic ways to get back at you or in this case, sneak inside jokes into the finished films.

Also, in the past things with Disney got really ugly under Walt's own leadership for Union busting and threats.

As for Spielberg, he mostly bugs me for turning great Sci-Fi plots into mediocre scripts like The Minority Report or War of the Worlds. I am curious though to see how Ready Player One turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I don't think this comes from Disney management directly. I've heard many aspiring animators feel mistreated or underpaid. If you abuse your most creative people long enough, they'll find artistic ways to get back at you or in this case, sneak inside jokes into the finished films.
    So you don't believe that Disney is brainwashing our kids?!?

Do you also believe that Hollywood tells the truth on state terrorism: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-flag-attacks

So you don't believe that Disney is brainwashing our kids?!?

Do you also believe that Hollywood tells the truth on state terrorism: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-flag-attacks
    I was referring mostly to the porn stuff. It's like a Tyler Durden thing lurking in the animation studio from disgruntled people.

As for generic plot structure well, look at what they've done with STAR WARS. For what it's worth, The Last Jedi basically ignored standards of normal hero progression as well as the direction and tone set by The Force Awakens leaving fans angry or bewildered. It really just wandered all over the damn place.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I see a strong agenda at least from Spielberg, more like watering down the story into something more mediocre and 'Happy'. The original short story The Minority Report was more complicated and interesting IMO. I also think he did screwy unnecessary changes to War of the Worlds.

I've been uninterested in watching any of these modern military War Hero flicks or stuff like American Sniper, so it's hard for me to comment specifically on those.

Hollywood slump

In tickets bought per US adult 2016 was the worst year for movies since before the 1920s and 2016 also had the fewest total ticket sales in 2 decades.
    Ten percent of monthly filmgoers buy half of all movie tickets. Most people that watch movies in the cinema are young people (between 18 and 39). The most important demographic group for Hollywood, 18-to-24-year-olds, is going less and less to the cinema.

In 1980, Hollywood spent less than 20 cents on advertising for every $1 it earned at the box office. Now it spends 60 cents to earn a buck. Movie makers are spending an enormous amount of advertising money to create “blockbusters”.
    In 1996, none of the 10 biggest films were sequels or superhero movies. In 2016, out of the 371 movies released, 4 superhero films — Captain America: Civil War; Deadpool; Batman vs. Superman; X-Men: Apocalypse — accounted for 29% of the total box office.

Hollywood has been shoving sequels down our throats for more than a decade. In 2011, the 7 top films were all sequels, including Fast 5 and Harry Potter.
    Both in 2015 and 2016, 6 of the top 10 and 11 of the top 20 films were sequels. In 2015, the 8 biggest opening weekends were all sequels, including Furious 7 and the latest Star Wars.
    It appears that even in the 21th century, people can get enough of seeing the same story retold over and over again.

That Hollywood is less influential in brainwashing us, doesn’t mean that people are “waking up” though. arguably the “new” mind control techniques are even more successful than the movies…
    Our attention is now pouring into mobile devices, using Netflix, premium cable apps, YouTube, Facebook, and Snapchat: https://www.theatlantic.com/business...roblem/486209/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/nof5W)

In 2017, theatrical revenues in the US dropped another 2%, ending the year a little over $11 billion, while attendance went down another 4% to 5%. By inflating prices, the worldwide box office will likely hit new heights and could come close to a record breaking $40 billion.

At the beginning of 2017, the results looked even more devastating.
    Beginning in September, when “It” (another remake) made $327.5 million in the US, theatres began to draw more visitors.

Indie favourites like “Lady Bird” and “Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri” helped to bring people to the theatres, while “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and “Coco” became box office smashes.
    Other sequels - “Transformers: The Last Knight” and “Alien: Covenant” - performed less than expected.

Could Hollywood be trying to attract more people by using “adverse publicity”?!?
    Several big moguls and movie stars have been accused of sexual harassment generating a huge amount of “publicity”: https://variety.com/2017/film/news/h...ix-1202647206/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A big reason for that is Hollywood is Bankrupt.

Maybe not in a financial sense, but definitely in a creative sense. They also assume that people can pay what ever prices they decide to charge. Taking out the family for a day at the movies used to be a cheap way to entertain that family. Today, its a real kick in the nuts, and the wallet. Why? Perhaps people consider now that going to the movies is just financially irresponsible?

Something else most people have missed about Movies has nothing to do with Blockbusters, but rather the Middle Class Movies. Not in regards to the people that go to watch, but the budgets put forth for the films production. Flicks like Terminator 2 all the way to Avengers Series cost well over 100 million to produce. But what about the lesser films? Cloverfield was produced with a budget of about 35 million; it definitely did not cost over 100 million to produce. The production budgets that come out of Hollywood seem to reflect the population that watches them. Just as our Middle Class has taken a steep nosedive, films mirror this. We used to have a much larger Middle Class. Now we dont. We also used to have a lot of films produced with Middle Range Budgets. Now we dont. Its either low budget schlock or big big big big budget movies. Very few Middle Range Films are produced anymore as compared to previous years.

These are all symptoms, but not the actual cause of the real issue. The real issue is Inflation. Inflation is the Hidden Tax on the value of money. Value goes down, price of good, services, and movie tickets go up. Once they go up, they rarely come back down. The Stagflation, the Devauation of the Dollar, and Increase in Cost of Living has been reflected in what kinds of movies get made.
    1776 > 1984

A big reason for that is Hollywood is Bankrupt. Maybe not in a financial sense, but definitely in a creative sense...

Flicks like Terminator 2 all the way to Avengers Series cost well over 100 million to produce. But what about the lesser films? Cloverfield was produced with a budget of about 35 million; it definitely did not cost over 100 million to produce...
    Which is related, of course. When you can't come up with an original script, you try to come up with original special effects. When your scripts have more to do with propaganda than enlightenment or entertainment, you try to distract the audience with special effects. But movies would probably have gone that direction anyway. If you want to drag people to the cinema in the Age of Television and overcharge them, you have to overwhelm them. They don't know what else to do but produce images that are bigger than life.

Something enlightening might as well go straight to video. Hollywood doesn't know any other way to attract people to the big screen except go big.

If there were any brains in Hollywood, they'd realize they could make some headway by making community events. But I suppose there's no way to make a phenomenon like The Rocky Horror Picture Show on purpose. Great Scott! And if there is, Hollywood is too hidebound and scared to go outside the box--and lacking in humor--to be the one to do it.

Which isn't anything new. Hollywood couldn't do it 43 years ago, either. Rocky Horror was an indie production.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-26-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Hollywood and NASA

The Hollywood movie industry has been working with the Pentagon and CIA since its inception, but earlier this month I found out that NASA is even more closely affiliated with the NASA disinformation program.

The first Administrator of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) from 1958 to 1961 was Thomas Keith Glennan.
    Glennan had already worked for the movies (for real) before turning his attention to the “hydrogen bomb” and “rocket science”.

After his graduation in 1927 until 1947 he worked in the film industry in the US and Britain, to become operations manager for Paramount and studio manager for Samuel Goldwyn.
    In 1950, at President Harry S. Truman's request, Glennan became one of 5 commissioners of the Atomic Energy Commission for 2 years. The most significant hoax the commission staged was the hydrogen bomb.

One of Glennan’s first NASA recruits was German Nazi “rocket engineer” Wernher von Braun: https://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/12/o...ce-agency.html

For more information on Glennan’s career in the movies:
    During his five and a half years at Paramount Glennan provided the logistics necessary to allow the studio's creative teams to stage their productions. He worked with such Hollywood notables as Cecil B. DeMille.
    Glennan was also credited with important innovations in the film industry during his time at Paramount, including the first full-fledged engineering department in the business and the first recognized industrial relations department.
    http://www.smashwords.com/extreader/...s-nasa-sp-4105

Hermann Oberth was born on June 25, 1894 in Transylvania (then part of the Austro-Hungarian empire now part of Romania). He was born to German speaking parents and became a German.
    At an early age, Oberth became a huge fan of spaceflight science fiction by authors like Jules Verne. Just like Wernher von Braun and Robert Goddard.

Oberth learned of the 1919 book by Robert Goddard "A Method Of Reaching Extreme Altitudes". In 1922, Oberth wrote to Goddard and suggested an international project to develop liquid-fuelled rockets.
    In 1923, Oberth published his book "Die Rakete Zu Den Planetenraumen" (The Rocket Into Planetary Space).
    In 1927, Oberth joined the Verein fur Raumschiffahrt (Society for Space Travel) to become its president. Members of the Verein fur Raumschiffahrt included: Willy Ley, Johannes Winkler, Max Valier, Rudolf Nebel, Kurt Hainisch, Walter Hohmannn, Eugene Sanger , Klaus Riedel, Rolf Engel, and the young Wernher von Braun.

In 1928, Oberth became technical advisor to director Fritz Lang, who was filming the movie "Frau Im Mond" (Woman in the moon). On the set Oberth was helped by Ley, Valier, Nebel, Riedel and the young and eager science fiction fan Wernher von Braun.
    Oberth (with the help of Von Braun) constructed and tested a small rocket engine on 23 July 1930. See members of the Verein fur Raumschiffahrt with the rocket in Berlin, 1930. From left to right: Rudolf Nebel, Franz Ritter, unknown, Kurt Heinisch, unknown, Hermann Oberth, unknown, Klaus Riedel, Wernher von Braun, unknown.

Oberth worked at Peenemunde from 1941 to 1943.
    After World War II, Oberth came to the US to continue to continue his “rocket science” work with Wernher von Braun at the Army Ballistic Missile Agency: http://waterocket.explorer.free.fr/herman_oberth.htm
    (archived here: http://archive.is/NBvs)

Fritz Lang is best known for his futuristic masterpiece Metropolis (1926) that nearly bankrupted Germany’s state-financed studio, Ufa.
    Lang worked closely with Germany’s leading rocketry science fiction expert, Hermann Oberth, and they visually replicated the rocket described in Oberth’s book, "Die Rakete Zu Den Planetenraumen".
    Forty years later the Apollo 11 moon landing closely followed Lang’s and Oberth’s “film script”.

The film featured a multiple-stage booster system to attain escape velocity; a fin stabilisation design for the rocket’s base; before the launch, a media frenzy descends upon the area; and a count down to zero for launch.
    The movie shows a crew floating in zero gravity in the space ship.
    After the rocket lands on the moon, the crew encounters lower gravity.

As part of the film’s publicity, Oberth and Wernher von Braun tried to launch an actual rocket for the film’s premiere. This stunt failed.
    Oberth also advised for the American movie of the moon landing “Destination Moon” (1950)”: http://sensesofcinema.com/2004/cteq/woman_in_the_moon/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/xL56h)

Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun (1912 – 1977) was a German-born science fiction writer. His father, Magnus Freiherr von Braun served as Minister of Agriculture. His mother, Emmy von Quistorp traced her ancestry to medieval European royalty and was a descendant of Philip III of France, Valdemar I of Denmark, Robert III of Scotland, and Edward III of England. He descended from Royal blood.
    In 1947, the 34-year-old Von Braun married his 18-year-old maternal first cousin, Maria Luise von Quistorp (born in 1928). Von Braun had been “wooing” the underage Maria for years

Von Braun had been involved in the development of rocket technology in Germany with Oberth, and helped to develop the V-2 rocket. Before 1939, German “scientists” contacted American physicist Robert H. Goddard with technical questions. Goddard helped them to develop the A-4 rocket that would later become known as the V-2.
    Hitler personally made Von Braun a professor because he had showed him a colour movie with an A-4 taking off on 7 July 1943; an exceptional promotion for an engineer of only 31 years.

After the “suicide” of Adolf Hitler was announced, Von Braun immediately joined the Allied forces, at the beginning of May 1945. He and his group that developed missile technology were part of the about 1,600 German “scientists” that were recruited by the US in Operation Paperclip.
    Between 1952 and 1956, Von Braun led the Army's rocket development team that developed the Redstone rocket for nuclear ballistic missiles. Van Braun supposedly developed the rockets that launched the US’s first space satellite Explorer 1.
    Wernher von Braun and his group were recruited by NASA in 1958.

In 1952, Von Braun first published his science fiction story on a manned space station in a series of articles titled "Man Will Conquer Space Soon!". This built on the 1929 science fiction story by Herman Potocnik in his book “The Problem of Space Travel – The Rocket Motor”.
    The 1968 movie “2001: a space odyssey“ would draw heavily on this story.

Von Braun also made science fiction television films with Walt Disney and the Disney studios in the 1950s. The initial broadcast about space exploration “Man in Space” had 40 million viewers.
    See Wernher von Braun, Willi Ley, Walt Disney and Dr. E. Heinz Haber (another Nazi Rocket "scientist" brought to the US in Operation Paperclip).

In staging Apollo, Von Braun worked closely with former Peenemünde teammate, Kurt H. Debus, the first director of the Kennedy Space Center. His dream to make “The first men in the moon” story believed by the world became a reality in July 1969.
    Von Braun retired from NASA on 26 May 1972: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

In 1930, von Braun attended the Technische Hochschule Berlin, where he joined the Spaceflight Society and assisted Willy Ley in his liquid-fuelled rocket motor tests with Hermann Oberth.
    German immigrant Willi Ley was America’s primary source on the Vril Society and the flying saucer technology of Nazi Germany. Ley had been a Vril-Thule member.

Starting in 1931, Willi Ley tutored Wernher von Braun on rocket science. In 1939, Wernher von Braun became a high ranking Nazi SS Officer. He was head of the team that designed the German V-2 rockets.
    In 1945, through “Operation Paperclip” Von Braun was brought to the US where he became a founder of the US disinformation campaign NASA.
    https://www.resistance2010.com/m/blo...gPost%3A331860
    (archived here: http://archive.is/pUMp1)

In 2013, banker’s son Frederick Ira Ordway III (1927-2014) was awarded the Arthur C. Clarke Lifetime Achievement Award.
    Ordway had been a huge fan of science fiction on space travel since he since he was 10. In 1941, Ordway (13) became a member of the American Rocket Society.
    In 1950, Ordway first met science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke, who helped him to become a fellow of the British Interplanetary Society. They became long-time friends.
    Ordway became a top official at NASA and worked closely with Wernher von Braun, including on the Apollo program.

In 1965, Ordway met Clarke who was working with movie director Stanley Kubrick on a science fiction movie based on his story “The Sentinel”. Ordway became the “scientific and technical advisor” to the film that became “2001: A Space Odyssey” (1968): http://www.clarkefoundation.org/2013...-i-ordway-iii/

Ordway wasn’t only working on the movie with NASA officials, but also with major corporations like General Electric, Bell Telephone Laboratories and IBM.

NASA’s Associate Administrator for Manned Space Flight, George Mueller, nicknamed the film’s production facilities “NASA East”.
    See from left to right NASA officials touring MGM Borehamwood during pre-production of “2001: A Space Odyssey”: Fred Ordway, Deke Slayton (astronaut), Arthur C. Clarke, anonymous NASA assistant, Stanley Kubrick, and George C. Mueller.

Ordway explained about “rocket scientists”:
    They all read H. G. Wells and Jules Verne. Science fiction got us all started in the early days, I think without exception.
    In 1949, Arthur C. Clarke helped to make his friend Von Braun an honorary member of the British Interplanetary Society: http://thetruthseekersguide.blogspot...cy-part-3.html

Also involved in both NASA and “2001: A Space Odyssey” was the German-born Harry Lange (born 1930), Ordway’s partner in their General Astronautics publishing and consultancy company. Lange was specialised in making science fiction drawings.

In 1954, Ordway and Lange helped set up General Astronautics that in 1960 was acquired by NASA.
    Lange made illustrations to promote the science fiction projects of Von Braun. Von Braun told him: "Harry, your work makes money".

After “2001: A Space Odyssey”, Lange settled in England to design sets for films, including Kelly's Heroes (1970); Star Wars (1977); The Empire Strikes Back (1980); The Return of the Jedi (1983); Moonraker (1979); and The Meaning of Life (1983): https://www.theguardian.com/film/200...uaries.culture

The Hollywood movie industry has been working with the Pentagon and CIA since its inception, but earlier this month I found out that NASA is even more closely affiliated with the NASA disinformation program.

The first Administrator of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) from 1958 to 1961 was Thomas Keith Glennan.
    Glennan had already worked for the movies (for real) before turning his attention to the “hydrogen bomb” and “rocket science”.

After his graduation in 1927 until 1947 he worked in the film industry in the US and Britain, to become operations manager for Paramount and studio manager for Samuel Goldwyn.
    In 1950, at President Harry S. Truman's request, Glennan became one of 5 commissioners of the Atomic Energy Commission for 2 years. The most significant hoax the commission staged was the hydrogen bomb.

One of Glennan’s first NASA recruits was German Nazi “rocket engineer” Wernher von Braun: https://www.nytimes.com/1995/04/12/o...ce-agency.html

For more information on Glennan’s career in the movies: http://www.smashwords.com/extreader/...s-nasa-sp-4105

Hermann Oberth was born on June 25, 1894 in Transylvania (then part of the Austro-Hungarian empire now part of Romania). He was born to German speaking parents and became a German.
    At an early age, Oberth became a huge fan of spaceflight science fiction by authors like Jules Verne. Just like Wernher von Braun and Robert Goddard.

Oberth learned of the 1919 book by Robert Goddard "A Method Of Reaching Extreme Altitudes". In 1922, Oberth wrote to Goddard and suggested an international project to develop liquid-fuelled rockets.
    In 1923, Oberth published his book "Die Rakete Zu Den Planetenraumen" (The Rocket Into Planetary Space).
    In 1927, Oberth joined the Verein fur Raumschiffahrt (Society for Space Travel) to become its president. Members of the Verein fur Raumschiffahrt included: Willy Ley, Johannes Winkler, Max Valier, Rudolf Nebel, Kurt Hainisch, Walter Hohmannn, Eugene Sanger , Klaus Riedel, Rolf Engel, and the young Wernher von Braun.

In 1928, Oberth became technical advisor to director Fritz Lang, who was filming the movie "Frau Im Mond" (Woman in the moon). On the set Oberth was helped by Ley, Valier, Nebel, Riedel and the young and eager science fiction fan Wernher von Braun.
    Oberth (with the help of Von Braun) constructed and tested a small rocket engine on 23 July 1930. See members of the Verein fur Raumschiffahrt with the rocket in Berlin, 1930. From left to right: Rudolf Nebel, Franz Ritter, unknown, Kurt Heinisch, unknown, Hermann Oberth, unknown, Klaus Riedel, Wernher von Braun, unknown.

Oberth worked at Peenemunde from 1941 to 1943.
    After World War II, Oberth came to the US to continue to continue his “rocket science” work with Wernher von Braun at the Army Ballistic Missile Agency: http://waterocket.explorer.free.fr/herman_oberth.htm
    (archived here: http://archive.is/NBvs)

Fritz Lang is best known for his futuristic masterpiece Metropolis (1926) that nearly bankrupted Germany’s state-financed studio, Ufa.
    Lang worked closely with Germany’s leading rocketry science fiction expert, Hermann Oberth, and they visually replicated the rocket described in Oberth’s book, "Die Rakete Zu Den Planetenraumen".
    Forty years later the Apollo 11 moon landing closely followed Lang’s and Oberth’s “film script”.

The film featured a multiple-stage booster system to attain escape velocity; a fin stabilisation design for the rocket’s base; before the launch, a media frenzy descends upon the area; and a count down to zero for launch.
    The movie shows a crew floating in zero gravity in the space ship.
    After the rocket lands on the moon, the crew encounters lower gravity.

As part of the film’s publicity, Oberth and Wernher von Braun tried to launch an actual rocket for the film’s premiere. This stunt failed.
    Oberth also advised for the American movie of the moon landing “Destination Moon” (1950)”: http://sensesofcinema.com/2004/cteq/woman_in_the_moon/
    (archived here: http://archive.is/xL56h)

Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr von Braun (1912 – 1977) was a German-born science fiction writer. His father, Magnus Freiherr von Braun served as Minister of Agriculture. His mother, Emmy von Quistorp traced her ancestry to medieval European royalty and was a descendant of Philip III of France, Valdemar I of Denmark, Robert III of Scotland, and Edward III of England. He descended from Royal blood.
    In 1947, the 34-year-old Von Braun married his 18-year-old maternal first cousin, Maria Luise von Quistorp (born in 1928). Von Braun had been “wooing” the underage Maria for years

Von Braun had been involved in the development of rocket technology in Germany with Oberth, and helped to develop the V-2 rocket. Before 1939, German “scientists” contacted American physicist Robert H. Goddard with technical questions. Goddard helped them to develop the A-4 rocket that would later become known as the V-2.
    Hitler personally made Von Braun a professor because he had showed him a colour movie with an A-4 taking off on 7 July 1943; an exceptional promotion for an engineer of only 31 years.

After the “suicide” of Adolf Hitler was announced, Von Braun immediately joined the Allied forces, at the beginning of May 1945. He and his group that developed missile technology were part of the about 1,600 German “scientists” that were recruited by the US in Operation Paperclip.
    Between 1952 and 1956, Von Braun led the Army's rocket development team that developed the Redstone rocket for nuclear ballistic missiles. Van Braun supposedly developed the rockets that launched the US’s first space satellite Explorer 1.
    Wernher von Braun and his group were recruited by NASA in 1958.

In 1952, Von Braun first published his science fiction story on a manned space station in a series of articles titled "Man Will Conquer Space Soon!". This built on the 1929 science fiction story by Herman Potocnik in his book “The Problem of Space Travel – The Rocket Motor”.
    The 1968 movie “2001: a space odyssey“ would draw heavily on this story.

Von Braun also made science fiction television films with Walt Disney and the Disney studios in the 1950s. The initial broadcast about space exploration “Man in Space” had 40 million viewers.
    See Wernher von Braun, Willi Ley, Walt Disney and Dr. E. Heinz Haber (another Nazi Rocket "scientist" brought to the US in Operation Paperclip).

In staging Apollo, Von Braun worked closely with former Peenemünde teammate, Kurt H. Debus, the first director of the Kennedy Space Center. His dream to make “The first men in the moon” story believed by the world became a reality in July 1969.
    Von Braun retired from NASA on 26 May 1972: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

In 1930, von Braun attended the Technische Hochschule Berlin, where he joined the Spaceflight Society and assisted Willy Ley in his liquid-fuelled rocket motor tests with Hermann Oberth.
    German immigrant Willi Ley was America’s primary source on the Vril Society and the flying saucer technology of Nazi Germany. Ley had been a Vril-Thule member.

Starting in 1931, Willi Ley tutored Wernher von Braun on rocket science. In 1939, Wernher von Braun became a high ranking Nazi SS Officer. He was head of the team that designed the German V-2 rockets.
    In 1945, through “Operation Paperclip” Von Braun was brought to the US where he became a founder of the US disinformation campaign NASA.
    https://www.resistance2010.com/m/blo...gPost%3A331860
    (archived here: http://archive.is/pUMp1)

In 2013, banker’s son Frederick Ira Ordway III (1927-2014) was awarded the Arthur C. Clarke Lifetime Achievement Award.
    Ordway had been a huge fan of science fiction on space travel since he since he was 10. In 1941, Ordway (13) became a member of the American Rocket Society.
    In 1950, Ordway first met science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke, who helped him to become a fellow of the British Interplanetary Society. They became long-time friends.
    Ordway became a top official at NASA and worked closely with Wernher von Braun, including on the Apollo program.

In 1965, Ordway met Clarke who was working with movie director Stanley Kubrick on a science fiction movie based on his story “The Sentinel”. Ordway became the “scientific and technical advisor” to the film that became “2001: A Space Odyssey” (1968): http://www.clarkefoundation.org/2013...-i-ordway-iii/

Ordway wasn’t only working on the movie with NASA officials, but also with major corporations like General Electric, Bell Telephone Laboratories and IBM.

NASA’s Associate Administrator for Manned Space Flight, George Mueller, nicknamed the film’s production facilities “NASA East”.
    See from left to right NASA officials touring MGM Borehamwood during pre-production of “2001: A Space Odyssey”: Fred Ordway, Deke Slayton (astronaut), Arthur C. Clarke, anonymous NASA assistant, Stanley Kubrick, and George C. Mueller.

Ordway explained about “rocket scientists”:
    In 1949, Arthur C. Clarke helped to make his friend Von Braun an honorary member of the British Interplanetary Society: http://thetruthseekersguide.blogspot...cy-part-3.html

Also involved in both NASA and “2001: A Space Odyssey” was the German-born Harry Lange (born 1930), Ordway’s partner in their General Astronautics publishing and consultancy company. Lange was specialised in making science fiction drawings.

In 1954, Ordway and Lange helped set up General Astronautics that in 1960 was acquired by NASA.
    Lange made illustrations to promote the science fiction projects of Von Braun. Von Braun told him: "Harry, your work makes money".

After “2001: A Space Odyssey”, Lange settled in England to design sets for films, including Kelly's Heroes (1970); Star Wars (1977); The Empire Strikes Back (1980); The Return of the Jedi (1983); Moonraker (1979); and The Meaning of Life (1983): https://www.theguardian.com/film/200...uaries.culture
    Interesting information.

Have you heard of or looked into Miles Mathis?
    I don't always agree with him 100% but he has exposed some very interesting information along these lines, I think you and he might benefit from one another.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Have you heard of or looked into Miles Mathis?
    I don't always agree with him 100% but he has exposed some very interesting information along these lines, I think you and he might benefit from one another.
    I've read a few stories from Miles Mathis that after he makes some good observations turn completely ridiculous. I've read a few on "suspicious deaths" where Mathis always ends up ridiculing the "sheeple" for not seeing that their death was faked...

According to Miles Mathis, Elvis was a Jew. It was easy to find out that there is not a shred of evidence: https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...4&postcount=26

Miles Mathis is a disinformation agent...

NASA, Hollywood – Bromance

The connections between NASA and Hollywood keep piling up…

Arguably the most important “evidence” of Armstrong and Aldrin doing their “One small step for man...” was destroyed to “save money”...

In 2009, NASA admitted that the original tapes of the first, Apollo 11, moon landing were probably erased. NASA engineer Richard Nafzger stated that these historic tapes were erased and reused to help save money during the 1970s and 1980s.
    These tapes were reportedly of a much better quality than the fuzzy video that was shown on telescreens all over the world.

Just like any other movie, Hollywood has assisted NASA in “digitally remastering” the original footage of the first moon landing to improve the images …
    The digital restoration was carried out by the same Burbank, California firm Lowry Digital, that also “remastered” 400 (other) films, including the first Star Wars trilogy.

According to NASA engineer Richard Nafzger:
    There is nothing being created or manufactured here. We are restoring and extracting data from the video.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...ood-style.html
    (archived here: http://archive.is/FEA3o)

In 1941, former Disney animator Lester Novros founded Graphic Films that made propaganda films for commercial and government clients like Lockheed, Boeing, the US Air Force and NASA.

Stanley Kubrick saw NASA propaganda film “To The Moon And Beyond” made by Graphic Films. In 1965, Kubrick recruited Graphic Films’ Lester Novros, Con Pederson, and Douglas Trumbull to work on “2001: A Space Odyssey”.

Graphic Films advised Kubrick on special effects. Pederson sent Kubrick a film made by experimental filmmaker John Whitney, Sr., Novros’ long-time friend and colleague. Douglas Trumbull further developed Whitney’s slit-scan technique that was used for the “Stargate” sequence towards the end of 2001.
    Pederson wrote to Kubrick about the slit scanning technique that “Its possibilities are limitless”.

Other artist involved in “2001: A Space Odyssey”: illustrators Chesley Bonestell, Roy Carnon, and Richard McKenna; artificial intelligence pioneer Marvin Minsky; IBM industrial designer Eliot Noyes; and effects artist Wally Gentleman (who’d worked on Universe for the National Film Board of Canada): http://scienceandfilm.org/articles/2656/graphic-films-and-the-inception-of-2001-a-space-odyssey

After working in advertising, Douglas Trumbull continued his career by working for the small Graphic Films company, who made propaganda films for NASA.
    Trumbull made all the artwork for To The Moon And Beyond”.

Trumbull would later make special effects for films like The Andromeda Strain, Close Encounters, Blade Runner and Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Trumbull's debut as director was the science fiction movie Silent Running (1972).
    At the beginning of the 1980s his career in the movies was somehow derailed.

After that Steven Spielberg asked Trumbull to work on the Back to the Future ride.
    Years later Trumbull did the special effects for The Tree of Life (2011): https://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/jul/09/douglas-trumbull-special-effects

The “bromance” between NASA and Hollywood has continued to this very day.
    No government agency is so intertwined with Hollywood as NASA. NASA provides material support for space movies to justify its $19 billion annual budget. NASA also stages PR stunts like interviews with astronauts from space and science experiments from the International Space Station for the kids.
    NASA actually negotiates with the movie studios to get more exposure.

Naturally NASA worked on Ron Howard’s Apollo 13 (1995).
    NASA’s Boeing KC-135 aircraft, normally used to prepare astronauts for zero gravity, was also used to shoot the weightless scenes with the stars of the movie Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, and Bill Paxton.

Hollywood has worked on space movies like: Gravity, Hidden Figures, Passengers, The Space Between Us, and Life. In many of these cases, NASA offered expertise, personnel, and even shooting locations, to bring these propaganda films to life.
    Bert Ulrich has worked on dozens of films for NASA, including: The Avengers, Hidden Figures, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. During the filming of Tomorrowlandat the Kennedy Space Center, Ulrich watched the launch of the Mars maven probe with stars in the movie Hugh Laurie and George Clooney. He also hoped to get approval for First Man, with Ryan Gosling as Neil Armstrong.

Not all the films that NASA is involved in feature the official NASA logo.
    Space movies that don’t feature enough NASA input, like Gravity, are often ridiculed for their lack of “scientific accuracy”.

NASA’s main mission these days is Mars — President Donald even met Elon Musk to talk about a possible flight.
    One of the most prominent film projects was Ron Howard’s National Geographic “documentary”Mars.

NASA also helped on Ridley Scott’s 2015 film The Martian. Jim Green, director of NASA’s Planetary Science Division, was asked to speak with Ridley. Green is the head of a $1.6 billion division that apparently could find nothing better to do than consult a movie director.
    According to the state propaganda, the result was one of the most realistic depictions of a mission to Mars ever.
    The Martian got 7 Oscar nominations and generated priceless publicity for the space program. After the movie was completed, star of the movie Matt Damon even visited the Jet Propulsion Laboratory facility in California for a press event alongside astronaut Drew Feustel and other NASA employees.

NASA was pleased that Margot Lee Shetterly’s book Hidden Figures was filmed, about 3 African-American mathematicians who helped launch John Glenn: https://www.mensjournal.com/entertai...mance-w470462/
    Last edited by Firestarter; 08-05-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast