Thread: School to prison pipeline, new law makes schoolyard fights a felony...

School to prison pipeline, new law makes schoolyard fights a felony...

On January 1, 2017, the state of Missouri will implement a public school policy sure to accelerate the descent into police state dystopia.

The Hazelwood School District put out a memo to parents and guardians stating that, according to Missouri statute, fights at school or on buses will be treated as felonies — which can result in up to four years of prison, fines or probation.

“Dear Parents/Guardians:

We want to make you aware of a few new State Statutes that will go into effect on January 1, 2017, which may have a drastic impact on how incidents are handled in area school districts.

The way the new statue reads, if a person commits the offense of an assault in the third degree this will now be classified as a Class E Felony, rather than a misdemeanor. If he or she knowingly causes physical injury to another person (hits someone or has a fight with another individual and an injury occurs) – one or both participants may be charged with a Felony.”

Gone are the days when teachers broke up fights and sent the kids home, calling the parents and perhaps suspending the kid if it was a serious incident. “School Resource Officers” or local cops now arrest the kids and, if there is any perceived injury (an arbitrary judgment), will charge them with third-degree assault – treating children cooped up in school as if they are violent adults on the streets.

“What does this mean for students?

For example, if two students are fighting and one child is injured, the student who caused the injury may be charged with a felony. Student(s) who are caught fighting in school, bus or on school grounds may now be charged with a felony (no matter the age or grade level), if this assault is witnessed by one of the School Resource Officers/police officers (SRO) or if the SRO/local law enforcement officials have to intervene.”

It doesn’t stop there. Even attempts or threats to cause harm will be treated as a Class A misdemeanor, which can bring up to a year of prison time. If the assaulted person is considered a “special victim,” a Class D felony can be imposed which can mean up to seven years in prison.
    http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/12...ghts-a-felony/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All sports will now be replaced with sensitivity training.

Current members of the football, baseball, basketball, wrestling or soccer teams will need to undergo additional therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    All sports will now be replaced with sensitivity training.

Current members of the football, baseball, basketball, wrestling or soccer teams will need to undergo additional therapy.
    No. Nice, generic language. I look forward to all of the sports injuries clogging up the Missouri justice system. Maybe start with the kid of the bill sponsor.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/st...500000541.html

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

It's for the children..

North-Korea in 1,2,...
    "I am a bird"

If ever a law needed nullification, this is it.

and similar could be said of those that propose such.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Typical politician solution to everything. Oh, is something bad? Lets make it worse! Oooh, we could save elevendy brazillian people every year from drowning by making water illegal.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

If a teacher pulled this crap on my kid, I think I would probably commit a felony against them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If a teacher pulled this crap on my kid, I think I would probably commit a felony against them.
    what does this have to do with any teachers?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    "Lil Johnny pushed little Ricky and Ricky bumped his head " FELONY

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    "Lil Johnny pushed little Ricky and Ricky bumped his head " FELONY
    It sure doesn't read to me like it is the teachers that wrote the legislation or decided the policy.

It sure doesn't read to me like it is the teachers that wrote the legislation or decided the policy.
    Ah, the unaccountable enforcers outlook. People who condone and enforce bad policies are just as guilty as the ones that issue the fatwas to me. "Just following orders"; let's remember where we have heard that crap before.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Ah, the unaccountable enforcers outlook. People who condone and enforce bad policies are just as guilty as the ones that issue the fatwas to me. "Just following orders"; let's remember where we have heard that crap before.
    Except the article doesn't even reference teachers as the people that would be enforcing it:

“What does this mean for students?

For example, if two students are fighting and one child is injured, the student who caused the injury may be charged with a felony. Student(s) who are caught fighting in school, bus or on school grounds may now be charged with a felony (no matter the age or grade level), if this assault is witnessed by one of the School Resource Officers/police officers (SRO) or if the SRO/local law enforcement officials have to intervene.”
    It doesn't say the kids face a felony if a teacher witnesses it or intervenes but school police. It says basically nothing about teachers except how they aren't the ones breaking up fights or disciplining anymore. Blaming the teachers here is a misfire.

Perhaps I should have said if ANYONE ruined my kids future with a felony record over a normal schoolyard fight, I would be seeking revenge upon them. This is crap and we all know it, kids fight in school, it happens, it's not a crime.

Mutual combat is not a crime and self-defense is not a crime.

ETA:

Also, it should violate the 14th Amend. when states ratify statutes that provide multiplier penalties against people that commit like crimes against groups deemed "special" be it police officers or dogs, "minorities", handicapped, gays, etc.--though it may be a separate consideration when such is motivated solely by that reason, as a "hate crime."
    Last edited by Weston White; 12-26-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My experience was that schools which consider themselves "modern" are likely to punish the victim as much as the bully. Will this same policy apply to the felony rule?

The State of Misery. Sorry to all my Missoo friends. Looks like it's about to get all Stepford Wives up in your hood.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Well I suppose first it would likely be a teacher reporting the felony unless it was an administrator or a "Resource Officer."

Any cop that would lay a felony on a kid for getting in a schoolyard fight is an %$#@ and needs to quit the job.

Any DA that puts this felony through should probably get nailed to a windmill.

Any jury that puts a felony on a kid for a schoolyard scuffle should be hanged. (as opposed to hung)

Any legislature that would pass such a law needs shut down until the next election and put right out.

Any Governor that would sign such a law needs to resign in shame or be recalled by overwhelming referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    If ever a law needed nullification, this is it.

and similar could be said of those that propose such.
    Any jury in America that wouldn't nullify this should probably be handled as rabid dogs. (metaphorically, dear overseers)

That's like the final "we totally deserve it" switch.

I will know if America still has a pulse, if more than 2/3 of 30 of these get nullified by human nature alone. I will know the American Spirit is still alive if 28 of 30 nullify.

Police state gonna police