Thread: Russian election hack briefing demanded by Michigan congressman

Russian election hack briefing demanded by Michigan congressman

Russian election hack briefing demanded by Michigan congressman

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- A Michigan congressman is one of two asking President Barack Obama for an immediate briefing on claims that Russia interfered with November's presidential election.

U.S. Reps. Justin Amash, R-Cascade Township, and Walter Jones, a North Carolina Republican, sent a letter to The White House on Monday, Dec. 19.

In the letter, the congressmen question the veracity of reports from the intelligence community that Russian cyberattacks were part of an effort to influence the 2016 election, calling them "evidence-free assertions."

"The reports do not detail specific evidence to support these assertions, and some reports suggest there are disagreements among intelligence officials," the letter states.
    The White House has suggested President Vladimir Putin was personally involved and President Barack Obama has promised to retaliate.
    The letter from Amash and Jones claims congressional leaders previously requested a briefing on the issue, but were denied and told by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence that a review requested by the White House must first be completed.

"Less than two days later, with no congressional briefing scheduled, you took to NPR to announce retaliatory action against Russia for 'impacting the integrity of our elections,'" the letter states.
    Amash and Jones criticize the president's statement, saying Congress "must be briefed on any evidence the intelligence community has gathered" so members can weigh the evidence and evaluate any conclusions.

"It is incumbent upon the executive branch to keep Congress apprised of hostile foreign actions in a timely manner, and once an allegation has been made public, it is reckless to allow evidence-free assertions to serve as Congress' and the public's only source of information," the letter states.

With retaliation against Russia "apparently already under development," the two congressmen request a classified briefing be immediately made available to Congress.
    More: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...d_briefin.html
    Update - Briefing scheduled for Friday:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...86985055551495
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-11-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The impression I got from listening to Obama was the evidence was clear and nothing happens in Russia without Putin's authority. He told people to decide for themselves. Hmm. So the congress doesn't even have any clear evidence but the American people are supposed to decide for themselves.

Go get 'em! Do Amash and Jones team up on a number of issues? Seems I've noticed their names mentioned together often.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I think I read it best from someone who asked the question as to why the CIA went to the press first prior to Congress. Good job Amash and Jones.

Makes me proud to live in Michigan (although I am in the district just West of him, and my rep is a Neocon).

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    retaliation against Russia "apparently already under development,"
    Hilly opened the back door kinda wide open, didn't she?

Walter Jones is truly one of the top congressmen in office. He deserves the support of all liberty enthusiasts.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Walter Jones is truly one of the top congressmen in office. He deserves the support of all liberty enthusiasts.
    Well, he has become a reformed individual. He voted for both the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He even wasted time trying to change French Fries to "Freedom Fries" on the House menu.
    But, but, but....
    Every man deserves a chance at redemption and, while I'm not happy with everything about him, I am happy with the direction he turned.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    . . . even wasted time trying to change French Fries to "Freedom Fries" on the House menu.
    lol, what a legacy from our elected officials

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    lol, what a legacy from our elected officials
    Why the hell is there a House menu? These guys don't make enough to order out?

Jan2017

Dennis Kasinich-spacecadet Congressman -sued the House cafeteria over breaking a tooth on an olive pit. . .he won a six-figure settlement even.
    Expensive dentists in DC ?

Dennis Kasinich-spacecadet Congressman -sued the House cafeteria over breaking a tooth on an olive pit. . .he won a six-figure settlement even.
    Expensive dentists in DC ?
    Did he win? Just a quick Google didn't show a result. Yup, he is a space cadet. But, he didn't hate on Ron Paul when everyone else was, so...there's that.

Jan2017

Did he win? Just a quick Google didn't show a result. Yup, he is a space cadet. But, he didn't hate on Ron Paul when everyone else was, so...there's that.
    He may not have hated on RP . . . but pity the cafeteria workers in the House dining room.
    He settled out of court for about $100,000 and change/legal fees as i recall maybe 10 years ago (?)
    and before Al Gore invented the internet ? I dunno.

He may not have hated on RP . . . but pity the cafeteria workers in the House dining room.
    He settled out of court for about $100,000 and change/legal fees as i recall maybe 10 years ago (?)
    and before Al Gore invented the internet ? I dunno.
    Well, regardless, he was a dick to even bring the suit knowing who had to pay for it.

We better give them a raise. We can't have starving overlords, er, representatives in this great land.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We better give them a raise. We can't have starving overlords, er, representatives in this great land.
    Get rid of the kitchen. Get rid of the staff. Every representative has staffer, who is doing nothing more than running errands for resume recognition, so how about just another errand? Go to a local establishment and get me bagel w/ cream cheese. Get me a pizza. Get me a hot dog. Problem solved.

Get rid of the kitchen. Get rid of the staff. Every representative has staffer, who is doing nothing more than running errands for resume recognition, so how about just another errand? Go to a local establishment and get me bagel w/ cream cheese. Get me a pizza. Get me a hot dog. Problem solved.
    Or better yet pick me up some of that kobe beef.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Or better yet pick me up some of that kobe beef.
    That's what I'm talking about.

(I luvz me some good steak)

Well, he has become a reformed individual. He voted for both the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. He even wasted time trying to change French Fries to "Freedom Fries" on the House menu.
    But, but, but....
    Every man deserves a chance at redemption and, while I'm not happy with everything about him, I am happy with the direction he turned.
    No, not perfect. But darn good especially since the district he represents is a full on government loving military loving bucket of neocons. He has been a consistent voice for 9-11 truth and that is really something to me.
    No - No - No - No

Update - Briefing scheduled for Friday:

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...86985055551495
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So they get free briefs too?

I have researched this independently on my own, without the use of tax payer money.

In areas where democrat voters are higher in number, I visually saw clinton/kane signage which outnumbered trump/pence signage.

In areas where republican voters are higher in number, I visually saw trump/pence signage which outnumbered clinton/kane signage.

I randomly spoke to few folks from both parties. Here is what I learned:

I asked clinton supporters if they supported/voted for clinton because they felt coerced by Russia, or any other country. The answer was NO.

I asked trump supporters if they supported/voted for trump because they felt coerced by Russia, or any other country. The answer was a big HELL NO --USA USA.

Though I did not vote this election because I do not like either candidate, the fact remains that I still see "trump/pence make america great again" signage to this day everywhere I travel.

I dare someone to go up to a trump/pence supporter and accuse them of voting for trump/pence because the russians made them do it. Or obama supporter back in 2012 and accuse them of the same.

Stupid topic. And stupid so-called americans on both sides who are so damned naive/gullible, I do not even know why I bothered with this. Maybe I should cash in and charge a tax.
    Last edited by PAF; 01-13-2017 at 06:15 AM.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/821959215518547968