Thread: Rand Paul says he won’t vote for the first proposed unbalanced GOP budget

Rand Paul says he won’t vote for the first proposed unbalanced GOP budget

rand-paul-says-he-wont-vote-for-the-first-proposed-unbalanced-gop-budget

Kudos to Rand. Again.

“Well, it won’t balance ever, you know, and I’ve told them I can’t vote for a budget that never balances,” he told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “And their response to me is that ‘Oh, we’re not even calling it a budget anymore, we’ve changed the title, it’s called the vehicle to repeal Obamacare.’”
    Paul has been banging the drum recently for taking on entitlements. In an interview with FreedomWorks’ Jason Pye, he stated that President-elect Trump has said he’s not interested in taking on entitlements, and that failing to do so makes him believe a balanced budget isn’t a real concern, stating “I just don’t think you’re a fiscal conservative, or you’re serious about the significance of the $20 trillion debt.

Really, with all 3 branches of government in GOP control, there is no reason why they shouldn't be as aggressive as they want to be and allow the chips fall where they may. How long will we have to wait to get this chance again? And by doing this, it just may have the opposite effect of keeping them in power.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They will need a filibuster proof majority to accomplish anything, don't you know?

It won't be long before a republican says this without being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    They will need a filibuster proof majority to accomplish anything, don't you know?
    You know they are already thinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Really, with all 3 branches of government in GOP control, there is no reason why they shouldn't be as aggressive as they want to be and allow the chips fall where they may. How long will we have to wait to get this chance again? And by doing this, it just may have the opposite effect of keeping them in power.
    I remember saying the exact same words in '00, and IIRC, in '04 also.

That's why I voted for Ron Paul in '08, libertarian in '12, and constitution party in '16.

It's why now I'm watching from a distance. I expect nothing.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

a mistake if there are massive tax cuts. let them explode the deficit. this will force cuts in spending later on. probably the only way to force spending cuts

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    a mistake if there are massive tax cuts. let them explode the deficit. this will force cuts in spending later on. probably the only way to force spending cuts
    Nothing forces spending cuts. If I have learned anything in politics, it's this. Nothing ever, ever forces spending cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Nothing forces spending cuts. If I have learned anything in politics, it's this. Nothing ever, ever forces spending cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    But if something can't go on forever, it won't.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Bill of goods. As long as you can convince others to give from their wages why change it? 22mil. Fed/State employees and their supporting family have the ultimate say. he growing threat isn't illegals.