Thread: Mick Mulvaney proves yet once again Trump is not a Hillary Plant.

Mick Mulvaney proves yet once again Trump is not a Hillary Plant.

Trump’s OMB [Office of Management and Budget] pick is anti-Fed and pro-Bitcoin

Congressman Mick Mulvaney lead a bi-partisan caucus to help educate congressmen on Bitcoin, and "vowed to fight any policy that restricted the adoption and growth of using the technology."

Today: Trump appoints Mulvaney to his cabinet as head of the Office of Management and Budget.

IS TRUMP A HILLARY PLANT???????????????????????? Why was I called a Trumpkin?

https://mulvaney.house.gov/media-cen...bitcoin-caucus

Congress now has a caucus dedicated to shaping policies on cryptocurrency — and educating lawmakers about what it is.

U.S. Reps. Mick Mulvaney, R-S.C. and Jared Polis, D-Colo., launched the bipartisan Blockchain Caucus Monday to help their colleagues stay up to speed on evolving digital currency and blockchain technologies, and develop policies that advance them.

“Blockchain technology has the potential to revolutionize the financial services industry, the U.S. economy and the delivery of government services, and I am proud to be involved with this initiative,” Mulvaney said in a statement.

The S.C. Republican is a member of the House Financial Services Committee.

Blockchain is a vast public ledger that records every transaction of the digital currency Bitcoin and stores it in a global network so it can’t be interfered with. It’s constantly growing as more blocks with new recordings are added to it.

Mulvaney and Polis also are working with the Coin Center, a Washington-based nonprofit that focuses on digital currency technology, to help Congress understand how it all works.
    "For the past two years we have worked with Representatives Mulvaney and Polis to educate their colleagues through briefings and other events, and the new Congressional Blockchain Caucus will be a wonderful new platform to continue these efforts," said Jerry Brito, executive director of Coin Center. "Their forward-thinking leadership on blockchain technology in Congress is unmatched."

The Coin Center advocates charting “a path forward with the same type of light-touch regulation from which the early Internet benefited just a few decades ago," Brito said.
    Polis has been a longtime advocate for digital currency. In 2014, he became the first member of Congress to accept campaign donations via Bitcoin, and vowed to fight any policy that restricted the adoption and growth of using the technology.

From startups to large corporations, interest in blockchain and digital currency has skyrocketed in recent years.

Sweden currently is testing out a new land registry that uses blockchain, and the European Parliament voted to allow a more hands-off approach when it comes to regulating blockchain technology, as many startups begin to experiment with its uses.

By last January, Bank of America had submitted 35 blockchain-related patents. Similarly, a team of four of the world’s biggest banks, led by Swiss bank UBS, is developing a system that would allow financial markets to make payments and settle transactions using blockchain.

Mulvaney Monday encouraged members of Congress to learn about cryptocurrency and “get involved as blockchain technology becomes more widely used across communities and companies."
    Earlier this month, the House of Representatives passed a resolution that declares their support for financial technology innovation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He proposes using bockchain technology to support current financial transactions and make they more secure- not to replace them with bitcoin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He proposes using bockchain technology to support current financial transactions and make they more secure- not to replace them with bitcoin.
    Actually in a JBS meeting he touted that the Fed inflates our currency and stagnates the economy, and that bitcoin has the benefit that it can't be inflated by governments. He has never made any statements with regard to wanting to ban or restrict bitcoin usage. Nobody on our side wants to force people to use bitcoin.. the fact that you don't understand that means that you have been here almost 9 years and still don't understand the basic concept of freedom. But the point is, anybody who is for allowing people to freely transact in bitcoin are pro-bitcoin, there are no bitcoin Hitlers who want to force everybody to use it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

[QUOTE=Mordan;6387044]Trump’s OMB [Office of Management and Budget] pick is anti-Fed and pro-Bitcoin

Congressman Mick Mulvaney lead a bi-partisan caucus to help educate congressmen on Bitcoin, and "vowed to fight any policy that restricted the adoption and growth of using the technology."

Today: Trump appoints Mulvaney to his cabinet as head of the Office of Management and Budget.

IS TRUMP A HILLARY PLANT???????????????????????? Why was I called a Trumpkin?

"The Patriarch"

Credit where credit is due. Mulvaney is a decent pick. But, as head of OMB, will he be jazzed about a budget that never balances and a massive infrastructure spending plan to the tune of $1,000,000,000,000.00? As all you trump supporters keep reminding us about his OTHER less-than-respectable picks, Trump is in charge.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I'm amazed that people here are excited about an even less tangible "money" than the current system. Maybe it'll even be so cool as to use a chip that goes in your hand?!?!

(Trump is a banker plant, just like Hillary was. Whoever "won" didn't matter. The agenda rolls right along, regardless.)
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Actually in a JBS meeting he touted that the Fed inflates our currency and stagnates the economy, and that bitcoin has the benefit that it can't be inflated by governments. He has never made any statements with regard to wanting to ban or restrict bitcoin usage. Nobody on our side wants to force people to use bitcoin.. the fact that you don't understand that means that you have been here almost 9 years and still don't understand the basic concept of freedom. But the point is, anybody who is for allowing people to freely transact in bitcoin are pro-bitcoin, there are no bitcoin Hitlers who want to force everybody to use it.
    You get it.

Crypto Currencies ARE the Competing Currencies Ron Paul was talking about.

I accept some members here can't wrap their head around the concept. Its quite difficult without a computing background.

SOOORRRYY. Did you miss the word COMPETING ?

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm amazed that people here are excited about an even less tangible "money" than the current system. Maybe it'll even be so cool as to use a chip that goes in your hand?!?!

(Trump is a banker plant, just like Hillary was. Whoever "won" didn't matter. The agenda rolls right along, regardless.)
    Bitcoin's satoshis are very tangible units of account, store of value and mediums of exchange. educate yourself please.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You've missed the point on Bitcoin if you believe that.

Bitcoin is the idea of financial freedom secured by block chain.

You don't have to join in, but it's there if you want it.

Freedom may not be tangible but it is real.

I own no Bitcoin. If I came into some serious dough I'd have **some** Bitcoin.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 12-21-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Bitcoin's satoshis are very tangible units of account, store of value and mediums of exchange. educate yourself please.
    Can I hold a satoshi in my hand? If not, it's not tangible in any way. It's imaginary delusion and assigning value to something that doesn't exist is a sign of mental illness.

Seems it takes only a few years to go from advocating sound (hard) money to pushing imaginary units of exchange that rely on electrical grids and internet access and thus TPTB's permission to use. smh
    Last edited by devil21; 12-20-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Can I hold a satoshi in my hand? If not, it's not tangible in any way. It's imaginary delusion and assigning value to something that doesn't exist is a sign of mental illness.

Seems it takes only a few years to go from advocating sound (hard) money to pushing imaginary units of exchange that rely on electrical grids and internet access and thus TPTB's permission to use. smh
    Why not both? Bitcoin has an incredible amount of advantages over gold and silver for many types of transactions. The fact that you don't need to physically transport the gold means you don't have to get permission to take it across borders. You can do instantaneous transactions globally. That is WORTH something. In fact, all of the advantages bitcoin has are WORTH something that is VERY tangible, as long as people understand the advantages. I think you're smart enough to, you just haven't applied yourself.

Gold has some advantages over bitcoin such as the ability to withstand an electrical or network outage, and I would recommend keeping the bulk of one's savings in hard metals, land and other investments.. Think of gold, silver and land as your savings account and bitcoin as your checking account as far as the longterm goes.. In the short term, I think bitcoin is a fantastic investment if you have some extra money to invest and already have some investment in gold and silver because the potential that it has is very great, and it will increase dramatically in value if it is ever under more widespread use.

But I agree with others.. I don't think you understand bitcoin very well based on your statements. You should learn more about what it is and how it works, and not from propaganda outlets.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-20-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    All very encouraging.
    "The Patriarch"