Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ron Paul gets 1 electoral vote in Texas

Thread is the the way back machine.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meet the Faithless Elector Who Voted for Ron Paul
    By Brett Chandrasekhar - December 20, 2016

As the electoral college officially voted on Monday, one delegate went against the grain and cast his vote for former Congressman Ron Paul. This was Bill Greene, a delegate from Texas.

The Statesman first identified Greene, and later claims online stated the same thing. In response to the overwhelming reaction, Greene turned off his social media accounts and set up an automatic email responder:

If you are contacting me regarding my vote in the Electoral College on December 19th, I will probably never see your email, due to spam filters and email “rules” I had to set in place thanks to over 80,000 emails I’ve already received.

For some background, Bill Greene is a professor of political science at South Texas College. Greene has taught courses on American Government, International Relations, European Politics, and Western Civilization. He also presented a paper at the Mises Institute in 2010 titled “Ending the Federal Reserve From the Bottom Up,” where he argued for a state-by-state approach to ending the fed.

In a Facebook post, Sam Moore, an apparent friend of Greene’s, suggested that the professor thought his actions were completely constitutional, and voted for Dr. Paul out of a sense of duty.

So why did he do it? I cannot put words into his mouth, but he didn’t do it because he thought Ron Paul would win. We all know better than that. From what he’s shared with me over the past few months however, he did it out of a profound sense of duty. That duty, as one of only 538 Electors, is to choose the best person for the POTUS/VPOTUS, period. That duty does not include the coronation of someone who may not be the best person for the job or the appointment of what they consider simply the lesser-of evil.

The libertarian community is mostly ecstatic about the professor’s liberty-minded vote. However, Greene is also likely to receive backlash from the Republican Party and from hostile Trump supporters.

For the time being, Professor Greene has gone on vacation. For his hard work and gutsy decision, libertarians might say: a vacation well-deserved.
    More: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/de...l-bill-greene/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

here's the video of Ron Paul's vote being announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJkxqTdax8

Ron Paul talks to Bill Greene on the phone to thank him for the vote

https://www.facebook.com/kelley.m.yo...6953929655270/

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

A small handful of Ron Paulers, including someone well known on these boards, is currently trying to give me hell on fedbook over supporting this, because apparently Ron Paul, Bill Greene, and I are not being enough like lysander spooner, whom I loathe. lol

Wait, that's not exactly right. I do not loath Lysander Spooner, instead I do loathe a large portion of his acolytes who try to use him as a weapon of hate to tear down those most likely to be allies. The epitome of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    A small handful of Ron Paulers, including someone well known on these boards, is currently trying to give me hell on fedbook over supporting this, because apparently Ron Paul, Bill Greene, and I are not being enough like lysander spooner, whom I loathe. lol

Wait, that's not exactly right. I do not loath Lysander Spooner, instead I do loathe a large portion of his acolytes who try to use him as a weapon of hate to tear down those most likely to be allies. The epitome of stupidity.
    Well, that's not me. So we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    Wow, if there was ever a time to +rep!

Keep on at it.
    Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I was going to ask who from here did that?
    Me, though I don't check in much any more...

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    "very interesting...."

o_O

I want to buy him a drink.
    I'll hold you to that!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    And Bill Greene of the electoral college -- I owe you a drink!! http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/ron-pa...hless-elector/

Oh for ...... where is that "Ron Paul!!" thread? I can't find it and I wanted to bump it.....

Attachment 5473

Quote Originally Posted by profg View Post
    Me, though I don't check in much any more...
    You voted harder than the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

People who hate roads are often supporters of Spooner.

Trying to reason with people who hate roads, is waste of time
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Bump for the anniversary!

Bump.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sadly Bill appears to have passed away. A tragic loss for Liberty.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    Are you sure? He posted two days ago!

He's still listed on the faculty page here:
    https://lass.southtexascollege.edu/p...nce/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    He's still listed on the faculty page here:
    https://lass.southtexascollege.edu/p...nce/index.html
    I really wish it weren't so because I respected the hell outta this guy. He passed unexpectedly yesterday and the news hasn't trickled out everywhere yet.
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Ohh Dear, I am so sorry to hear this. He was an amazing individual and a great person.

Does anyone know what happened ?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    Ohh Dear, I am so sorry to hear this. He was an amazing individual and a great person.

Does anyone know what happened ?
    He went against the establishment

actually I'm not even aware he's dead, can't find anything on google
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 07-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I really wish it weren't so because I respected the hell outta this guy. He passed unexpectedly yesterday and the news hasn't trickled out everywhere yet.
    I'm so sorry to hear that.

Well I'm sure he is in Heaven appealing to the Most High for this country's Declaration of Independence as I type this July 4th 2019.

And ... we all know his most favorite
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Yikes.

RIP
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ron Paul and Daniel McAdams remember Bill Greene. Go to the 15:00 mark:

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 07-11-2019 at 12:37 PM.

His wife put a memorial link on his Facebook page; https://everloved.com/life-of/william-greene/?flow=201

The funeral information and a memorial in August are scheduled if you live in Texas and want to attend.

Also this; Please consider a gift to Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity

So far, $195.00.

Honestly Ron getting the electoral vote was the best thing that came out of this past election.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123