Thread: A, B, C: Who is allowed into Heaven?

A, B, C: Who is allowed into Heaven?

Note: Is this a "Hot Topic", or is the Bible very clear about the path to Heaven?

Who is allowed into Heaven?

A) The Atheist/ Former Believer
    This Atheist (for example) grows up attending church and Bible school every Sunday. Prior to becoming an adult, his/her parents make the mistake of allowing the young believer to be exposed to independent and free-thinking Libertarians. These "wicked" individualists suggest a book by Ayn Rand and the unfortunate young victim starts down the path of eternal damnation, despite following the Non-Aggression Principle.

B) The Buddhist
    This person is born to Buddhist parents and is never taught about Jesus. He/she lives a good life and does not do serious harm to anyone. The Bible clearly tells us they are headed to the "Lake of Fire" since they did not make Jesus their savior, and Jesus is the 'only true option'.

C) The MUCK (Messed Up Christian Kook/Psycho)
    The Messed Up Christian Kook/Psycho (MUCK) decides it will be exciting to murder 3 "sinful" sex workers during a wild weekend. He/she is very careful to leave no clues and moves to a new city to start over. On early Sunday morning TV the MUCK sees Joel Osteen saying "the past is over", later he/she goes to a new church and prays for his/her sins to be forgiven. The MUCK is "born again" and lives life like the murders never happened. The cases go "cold" and the path to Heaven is available.

According to the Bible, it is very clear that the only person allowed into Heaven is the murderer, correct?
    What do you think/feel about the fate of these 3 people?
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 12-18-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    Note: Is this a "Hot Topic", or is the Bible very clear about the path to Heaven?

This Atheist (for example) grows up attending church and Bible school every Sunday. Prior to becoming an adult, his/her parents make the mistake of allowing the young believer to be exposed to independent and free-thinking Libertarians. These "wicked" individualists suggest a book by Ayn Rand and the unfortunate young victim starts down the path of eternal damnation, despite following the Non-Aggression Principle.

B) The Buddhist
    This person is born to Buddhist parents and is never taught about Jesus. He/she lives a good life and does not do serious harm to anyone. The Bible clearly tells us they are headed to the "Lake of Fire" since they did not make Jesus their savior, and Jesus is the 'only true option'.

C) The MUCK (Messed Up Christian Psycho)
    The Messed Up Christian Psycho (MUCK) decides it will be exciting to murder 3 "sinful" sex workers during a wild weekend. He/she is very careful to leave no clues and moves to a new city to start over. On early Sunday morning TV the MUCK see Joel Osteen saying "the past is over", later he/she goes to a new church and prays for his sins to be forgiven. The MUCK is "born again" and lives life like the murders never happened. The cases go "cold" and the path to Heaven is available.

According to the Bible, it is very clear that the only person allowed into Heaven is the murderer, correct?
    I believe your assertions are true only if "heaven" as described in the Bible is purely a Christian construct.

Every spiritual path has its own version of "heaven".
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

My mind is not for rent...

To any god or government...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

You're such a rebel
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

I personally believe that eventually, even the worst of human darkness will be overcome by the light of His love.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    I personally believe that eventually, even the worst of human darkness will be overcome by the light of His love.
    I believe that too, but in a person by person way - as in reincarnation.

You live a sinful life, you come back as a lower being. The degree of sinfulness determines the degree of lowliness.

You live a godly life, you come back as a higher one.

And so on, until you reach the highest level - aka "heaven".

That seems to me a righteous and just way of arranging things.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 12-18-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    And I as well,, We haven't seen the worse yet. It's coming.

There is a War,, and where you are in that war will determine which eternity.

as time goes on,, this alignment will become more clear,, as the world becomes more evil.

Hell was never meant for man,, I would seek God and avoid it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The premises of all of these threads are all wrong, because they assume something that isn't true about Christianity.

They assume that belief is just some cosmic get out of Hell free card, and thus they view things as if "belief in Jesus" "outweighs" all the bad actions. The question shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the atoning blood and imputed righteousness of Christ.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

TOM SAWYER BABY

+ rep for making me smile

aww must spread around first...some1 plz rep AF for me?
    "Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Why only these 2 places?

I think in Buddhism for example, there are 6 possible afterlife fates.

The world of heaven. This is the world of enjoyment, pleasure or pleasant things. The condition of heaven is impermanent, and this state of mind will also change.

The world of humans. (Human beings) In the world of humans, sometimes we are happy, sometimes we are sad, sometimes we are laughing, sometimes we are crying.

The world of asuras. This is the world of fighting, or strife. The realm or state of mind of fighting.

The world of hungry spirits. This is the realm of dissatisfaction, not being content. The state of having endless unsatisfied desires, or greed. Figuratively speaking, always being hungry.

The world of animals. It is the realm lacking reason. The state without reason. Without reason, mistakes are made, causing hardships or suffering to self, and at times others. Without reason, being dominated by one's desires.

The world of hell. Hell refers to the realm of suffering. The state of suffering and pain, which through cause and condition people will enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I believe your assertions are true only if "heaven" as described in the Bible is purely a Christian construct.

Every spiritual path has its own version of "heaven".
    How does a follower of another faith know if they will be allowed into their "heaven" or doomed to Hell for not following the "one true" savior Jesus?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

How does a follower of another faith know if they will be allowed into their "heaven" or doomed to Hell for not following the "one true" savior Jesus?
    They probably don't believe that following Jesus is the only way to get to "heaven" - that's why they follow a different path.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 12-23-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Who put the hand in the cookie jar?

Letter "A": "It's me."

Chorus: Couldn't be! Then who?

Letter "B" put their hand in the cookie jar.

Chorus: Couldn't be, then who?

Letter "C" put the hand in the cookie jar..........

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    The premises of all of these threads are all wrong, because they assume something that isn't true about Christianity.

They assume that belief is just some cosmic get out of Hell free card, and thus they view things as if "belief in Jesus" "outweighs" all the bad actions. The question shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the atoning blood and imputed righteousness of Christ.
    This is deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    The question shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the atoning blood and imputed righteousness of Christ.
    On the contrary, what the question shows is a fundamental "Who cares?" about your personal beliefs.

That's why we should care about one's behavior more than one's beliefs.

Watch my feet, not my mouth.

Actions speak louder than words.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 12-23-2016 at 06:02 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Why only these 2 places?

I think in Buddhism for example, there are 6 possible afterlife fates.

The world of heaven. This is the world of enjoyment, pleasure or pleasant things. The condition of heaven is impermanent, and this state of mind will also change.

The world of humans. (Human beings) In the world of humans, sometimes we are happy, sometimes we are sad, sometimes we are laughing, sometimes we are crying.

The world of asuras. This is the world of fighting, or strife. The realm or state of mind of fighting.

The world of hungry spirits. This is the realm of dissatisfaction, not being content. The state of having endless unsatisfied desires, or greed. Figuratively speaking, always being hungry.

The world of animals. It is the realm lacking reason. The state without reason. Without reason, mistakes are made, causing hardships or suffering to self, and at times others. Without reason, being dominated by one's desires.

The world of hell. Hell refers to the realm of suffering. The state of suffering and pain, which through cause and condition people will enter.
    How about the Taoist message: "get over yourself"?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    On the contrary, what the question shows is a fundamental "Who cares?" about your personal beliefs.

That's why we should care about one's behavior more than one's beliefs.

Watch my feet, not my mouth.

Actions speak louder than words.
    Way too pragmatic. The way to paradise begins with magical thinking.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

B) The Buddhist

C) The MUCK (Messed Up Christian Kook/Psycho)
    The Messed Up Christian Kook/Psycho (MUCK) decides it will be exciting to murder 3 "sinful" sex workers during a wild weekend. He/she is very careful to leave no clues and moves to a new city to start over. On early Sunday morning TV the MUCK sees Joel Osteen saying "the past is over", later he/she goes to a new church and prays for his/her sins to be forgiven. The MUCK is "born again" and lives life like the murders never happened. The cases go "cold" and the path to Heaven is available.

All of these examples assume that a person gets to heaven by what he does, which is the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches. Man cannot do what is required of him for salvation. Salvation comes from the Lord, alone.

As to the last man in your example, I have no idea who this is or if you made that up, or if the person even believes now in the Lord alone for salvation (what a Christian is). But here is something to think about: you better fall to your knees and tremble at the unsearchable grace and forgiveness of God, because God does save sinners... the worst kind of sinners. If you were a Christian and truly knew the evil that is in your own heart, you would marvel that God could forgive any man at all.