Thread: Assange interview: "Our source is not the Russian government"

Default Assange interview: "Our source is not the Russian government"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qlc3lStM4

Assange: "Our source is not the Russian government."

Hannity: "Let me be clear, Russia did not give you the Podesta documents or anything from the DNC?"

Assange: "That's correct."
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Obama says it is.

None of these morons ever heard of a proxy server? lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

If anyone would've told me 8 yrs ago that Sean would eventually hold a cordial yet epic interview w/ Julian Assange about government corruption, I would've told them to gtfo. I'm not one for lengthy interviews but this one sucked me right in.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    If anyone would've told me 8 yrs ago that Sean would eventually hold a cordial yet epic interview w/ Julian Assange about government corruption, I would've told them to gtfo. I'm not one for lengthy interviews but this one sucked me right in.
    Yup,,, Hypocrisy on arrogant display.

Loved the interview though.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Assange already told us who the leak came from.

Hints:

1) He worked for the DNC

2) He was murdered (official story is he was "mugged", but nothing was stolen)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Assange already told us who the leak came from.

Hints:

1) He worked for the DNC

2) He was murdered (official story is he was "mugged", but nothing was stolen)
    shhh.. that's a fake possibility. Listen to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Damn that was a great interview, a lot revealed. Cannot get over how Hannity kept trying to get Assange to admit that he wouldn't do anything to harm covert operatives and Assange just shut him down, lmao. Hannity is such a little F.
    Undeniably effective strategy
    1) REGISTER - email : iowa@randpaul2016.com to request login.
    2) LOGIN & CALL - www.callingfromhome.com
    3) WIN

Don't pay the media to attack Rand
    Every time you click on the attack articles, you are literally paying them for attacking Rand. If you really want people to see, quote the entire article and break the link.

be ACTIVE, be EFFECTIVE, be ORGANIZED, be STRATEGIC, be VICTORIOUS.

How to plug a TWEET in post [ TWEET] [/TWEET ]

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Listen to Obama
    Listen to Wikileaks.

as for SHanity,, I agree with the snowball
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

That was a good interview.
    Still find Hannity annoying, but very informative.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul.
    "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne
    "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    That was a good interview.
    Still find Hannity annoying, but very informative.
    It was. despite Hannity.. Julian took control of that.. as only a genius talking to a moron can.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Intelligence services in all countries (including our own) hack each other's government computers to find information; isn't that their job?

So just because they can trace hacking back to an IP address does not necessarily mean the person (or organization if it's a proxy) at that IP address actually did anything with the information that they read.

It just sounds like two separate things happened:
    1. Intelligence services in other countries, including Russia, hacked into the DNC/Podesta emails and simply read the information.
    2. A U.S. citizen in this country with legitimate access to the DNC/Podesta emails leaked internal documents to WikiLeaks.

Couldn't these be two separate things? If Russia hacked and read files, why does that necessarily mean that they also are the source of the WikiLeaks?

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Intelligence services in all countries (including our own) hack each other's government computers to find information; isn't that their job?

So just because they can trace hacking back to an IP address does not necessarily mean the person (or organization if it's a proxy) at that IP address actually did anything with the information that they read.

It just sounds like two separate things happened:
    1. Intelligence services in other countries, including Russia, hacked into the DNC/Podesta emails and simply read the information.
    2. A U.S. citizen in this country with legitimate access to the DNC/Podesta emails leaked internal documents to WikiLeaks.

Couldn't these be two separate things? If Russia hacked and read files, why does that necessarily mean that they also are the source of the WikiLeaks?
    Yes, there are multiple issues/events being conflated into one.

Govt intel services in general will use more than just an IP to identify an attacker, usually involves more than just passive analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Govt intel services in general will use more than just an IP to identify an attacker, usually involves more than just passive analysis.
    I can't help but be curious what other ways they would use?

I can't help wonder why the US Govt would use less security than me?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I can't help wonder why the US Govt would use less security than me?

Good point!

Was this what Assange was alluding to re: Graham?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Yes, there are multiple issues/events being conflated into one.

yes of course, this knowledge is obviously based on your years of experience in the govt intel sector.

It depends on the nature of the attack. They could probe the host to see if it is a known proxy/vpn. If so, they might try to get the server logs by sending suits to their door, or break into their service. If they are able to sit on one of the routers, they have access to the link layer, which gives them visibility into a whole group of protocols that carry information including the hardware being used, partial routing and where/how the attacker's machine got its IP address. The method of attack is also a valuable clue; there's only so many ways someone can change up without leaving footprints. They run honeypots to study stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yes of course, this knowledge is obviously based on your years of experience in the govt intel sector.
    Specs,, (a soft spot I know) but govt contracts and uses (except for any real security) windows.
    I know this because the Air Force switched to Firefox because of IE failings. And CERT documented it.
    several Cert warnings actually.. Horribly insecure.. got the nickname internet exploder for good reason.

and a windo$e fanboy is going to talk about Govt experience.

I like you specs,, but seriously?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

//
    Last edited by brandon; 12-17-2016 at 02:08 PM.
    "christians, take your children out of the synagogues of satan. " - 19/M/Neckbeard

It was. despite Hannity.. Julian took control of that.. as only a genius talking to a moron can.
    stop insulting people.. Give Hannity a chance. You would deserve another neg rep for that.

stop insulting people.. Give Hannity a chance. You would deserve another neg rep for that.
    Hannity is an ass. A propaganda spewing whore. and obviously has no use for truth..

His blatant hypocrisy was Epic..

Julian owned that interview.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Hannity is an ass. A propaganda spewing whore. and obviously has no use for truth..

His blatant hypocrisy was Epic..

Julian owned that interview.
    Hannity gave Assange a great interview and was very polite with Assange. Why do you attack Hannity? Do you see any other big media figures making such interviews??????????

You are a (mod edit)

PS: I didn't like Hannity in 2008. But I am not throwing stone like a (mod edit)
    Last edited by Mordan; 12-17-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Hannity gave Assange a great interview and was very polite with Assange. Why do you attack Hannity? Do you see any other big media figures making such interviews??????????

You are a (mod edit)

PS: I didn't like Hannity in 2008. But I am not throwing stone like a (mod edit)
    Yup, pretty much this. I despised Hannity and all of the other Fox News pundit drones in both 2008 and 2012. In October-November 2016, Hannity was one of the only people on television msm covering the wikileaks every night and still does. I understand the hate because of the way he treated RP and cheerleaded the neocons constantly, but it seems like he has been trying to make amends and be one of the few voices standing up for Assange and Wikileaks, which is something we need more of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm waiting for the moment when he supports any and all of Trumps foreign policy agendas no matter how intense the war crimes are with the rest of the neocons. As soon as wikileaks releases damning evidence against the Repups I won't be surprised at all when he folds and resumes attacking them. Until that day arrives, I'm happy to occasionally be shocked by the turnaround this guy has made in recent times.

he's coming around?