Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick Perry, Ex-Governor of Texas, Is Trump’s Pick as Energy Secretary

Rick Perry, Ex-Governor of Texas, Is Trump’s Pick as Energy Secretary

Rick Perry, Ex-Governor of Texas, Is Trump’s Pick as Energy Secretary

WASHINGTON — President-elect Donald J. Trump plans to name the former Texas governor Rick Perry as his secretary of energy.

The selection of Mr. Perry to lead the energy agency would offer a rich irony: During a televised debate in 2011, when he was seeking the Republican nomination, Mr. Perry intended to list the Department of Energy among agencies he wanted to eliminate, but he could not remember its name.
    Interactive Graphic: How Trump Can Influence Climate Change

While Texas is rich in energy resources and Mr. Perry is an enthusiastic advocate of extracting them, it is not clear how that experience would translate into leading what is also a major national security agency. Despite its name, the Department of Energy plays the leading role in designing nuclear weapons and in ensuring the safety and reliability of the nation’s aging nuclear arsenal through a constellation of scientific laboratories.

About 60 percent of the Energy Department’s budget is devoted to managing the National Nuclear Security Administration, which defines its mission as enhancing national security through the military application of nuclear science.

The administration manages the country’s nuclear weapons stockpile and runs American programs on nuclear nonproliferation and counterterrorism. The two men who served as President Obama’s energy secretaries were physicists, one with a Nobel Prize, the other a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Mr. Perry, 66, was governor from 2000 to 2015 and before that was the Texas agriculture commissioner. He holds a bachelor’s degree in animal science from Texas A&M University.

He was briefly a front-runner in the 2012 presidential campaign, but his Energy Department “oops moment,” as he called it, was widely seen as a major factor in sinking his candidacy.

He was also a candidate in the most recent Republican primaries, but he dropped out in late 2015.

While campaigning in 2015 for the Republican nomination, Mr. Perry called Mr. Trump a “barking carnival act” and a “cancer on conservatism.” But he campaigned energetically for Mr. Trump this year in the months leading up to the presidential election.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us...ary-trump.html
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would imagine that is because in 2014, Perry talked about getting rid of the Dept. of Energy. It's in the same vein as his choice to head the EPA.

That's not to say that I am happy about it. I can't stand Perry.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I would imagine that is because in 2014, Perry talked about getting rid of the Dept. of Energy. It's in the same vein as his choice to head the EPA.

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Oh, didn't realize Perry was your boy.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

My comcern is that he might take a wrecking ball and get rid of things like DGPcare also even though that won't be under his jurisdiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGf8lP87HU

LMAO @jillundqu

Oh, didn't realize Perry was your boy.
    That's not quite what I meant. It was more about what you "imagined". Just messin' with you anyway.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 12-13-2016 at 11:55 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    LMAO @jillundqu
    Ron Paul...witch doctor???
    "The Patriarch"

Ron Paul...witch doctor???
    Russian witch doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    LMAO @jillundqu
    FIrst time I saw that I spit my coffee... Dude couldn't even remember the Dept. Of Energy that he wanted to get rid of, now he's in charge. I must admit, I'm still enjoying watching this circus unfold.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    FIrst time I saw that I spit my coffee... Dude couldn't even remember the Dept. Of Energy that he wanted to get rid of, now he's in charge. I must admit, I'm still enjoying watching this circus unfold.
    MAGA baby, the best people.
    "The Patriarch"

They're not getting rid of the Dept. of Energy. One visit to the Y-12 facility by the incoming admin will stop all talk of that.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

They won't get rid of it because they want the DoE to handle all the of the energy companies' radioactive waste for them.

Also, swamp status: Completely drained. No water to be seen. Dry as the Sahara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

That's not quite what I meant. It was more about what you "imagined". Just messin' with you anyway.
    Another way to say that it was a guess.
    ================

I wonder if the NAFTA Superhighway/Trans Texas Corridor are back? And mandatory vaccinations for the kiddies.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another way to say that it was a guess.
    It's all we can do at this point.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    that's awesome lol

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    I wonder if the NAFTA Superhighway/Trans Texas Corridor are back? And mandatory vaccinations for the kiddies.

Yeah, good thing it wasn't Commerce or HHS.

Hey, race realists, the IQ of America just dropped. Pretty much any illegal immigrant of any color would be smarter than this white, possibly straight guy.

https://www.texastribune.org/2011/08...ge-transcript/

Perry originally attended Texas A&M University to pursue a pre-veterinary major but switched to animal sciences, reportedly because of his low GPA. In his freshman and sophomore year, Perry struggled with core science classes, earning D’s in several organic chemistry classes and C’s in general chemistry and physics.

But after Perry switched his major at the beginning of his fall semester in 1970, his grades didn’t improve. Perry got a C in Reproduction in Farm Animals, a C in genetics, a D in Feeds & Feeding, a C in Sheep & Angora Goat Production and two C’s in animal breeding classes.

Many of Perry’s other classes involved military education. Perry has previously credited his time in the A&M Corps of Cadets with giving him the necessary discipline to complete school.

Perry got two C’s in Development of Air Power and took four levels of World Military Systems, earning two C’s, a B and an A. The A was one of only two Perry earned at college — the other was for a class called Improv. of Learning.

The future governor only took one political science class while he was in school — American National Government, for which he earned a B. Other classes outside of Perry’s major included Shakespeare and Writing for Professional Men, which earned him two D’s.

Perry took two summer sessions before his senior year but still needed two more after the rest of his class graduated to complete a degree. He graduated in August of 1972.

If Perry runs for the White House, he won't be the first aspirant to the office to have made less than stellar grades. As Talking Points Memo notes, John Kerry, George W. Bush and Al Gore all had C averages — Kerry and Bush at Yale, Gore at Harvard.

But a former classmate of Perry’s told The Huffington Post that even at A&M, Perry didn’t have a reputation for scholastic aptitude.

“A&M wasn't exactly Harvard on the Brazos River,” he said. "This was not the brightest guy around. We always kind of laughed. He was always kind of a joke."

In a 1989 interview with the Abilene Reporter-News, Perry talked about his academic struggle at A&M being a key reason he got into politics.

“I obviously wasn’t going to do it academically. I wasn’t going to do it athletically,” he said. (Perry got B’s and C’s in his required physical education classes.) “But politics requires people skills, which was something I had."

In his defense, various extracurricular activities took up a fair amount of Perry’s time at school. He was elected a "yell leader," a highly sought-after role that at A&M is akin to a male cheerleader.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Yeah, Perry is an idiot; not to mention bought and paid for.
    ================

Rick Perry to head Energy Department he once vowed to abolish

http://archive.is/DU0A6

An oldie but goodie?

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Maybe he will work himself right out of a job. That would be fun.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Maybe Ron will be his deputy?

The Ultimate trolling of that agencies importance, pick Rick Perry to run it. Its so important he cant even remember it. Its like the Dept of Energy does not exist!
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    The Ultimate trolling of that agencies importance, pick Rick Perry to run it. Its so important he cant even remember it. Its like the Dept of Energy does not exist!
    DJ TrollMaster Trump strikes again.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Maybe he will lay off 75% of his employees.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Oil and gas is only about 20% of their $30 billion budget. The biggest portion (40%) concernes our nuclear power plants and weapons as well as cleaning up nuclear waste. Should we shut down regulation of those? Renewable energy is about ten percent of their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Should we shut down regulation of those?
    Yes. It would make way for much better and safer nuclear power.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Cool. I can dump my highly radioactive nuclear waste anywhere I want. Your water supply. Your farmlands. Your back yard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast