Thread: Rand Paul: Im an automatic No' on John Bolton

Rand Paul: Im an automatic No' on John Bolton

Rand Paul: Im an automatic No' on John Bolton

by Jack Hunter
    December 11, 2016

The chyron on ABCs This Week Sunday asked, Will Rand Paul Take On Trump Admin?

When it comes to John Bolton, yes, he will.

I think John Bolton is so far out of it, and has such a nave understanding of the world, if he were to be the assistant or the undersecretary for Tillerson, Im an automatic No on Bolton, Sen. Rand Paul said of President-elect Donald Trumps reported choice for Deputy Secretary of State.

He should get nowhere close to the State Department, if anybody with a sane worldview is in charge, Paul continued.

Pauls scathing critique of Bolton, a former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, continued, John Bolton doesnt get it. He still believes in regime change. Hes still a big cheerleader for the Iraq War. Hes promoted a nuclear attack by Israel on Iran. He wants to do regime change in Iran.

I also think regime change in Syria is a bad idea, Paul continued. And thats an ongoing question. Its one of the things I like about Donald Trump. One of the reasons I endorsed him is he thinks regime change is a mistake.

But John Bolton thinks completely the opposite. They are diametric opposites, Paul said.

read more:
    http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-im-an...n-john-bolton/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul threatens to block Bolton nomination

By BURGESS EVERETT
    12/11/16

Sen. Rand Paul is threatening to block President-elect Donald Trump’s likely pick of John Bolton as the No. 2 in the State Department.

The Kentucky Republican, who serves on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, could stop the hawkish former ambassador to the United Nations from getting out of committee if there is unanimous Democratic resistance. The committee is narrowly divided among 10 Republicans and nine Democrats, and Paul said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that he’s an “automatic no on Bolton.”

“John Bolton doesn’t get it. He still believes in regime change. He’s still a big cheerleader for the Iraq War,” Paul said. “John Bolton is so far out of it and has such a naive understanding of the world.”

Paul’s vows to vote against Bolton could create the most significant confirmation fight thus far. Bolton would need a bare majority of the Senate to get confirmed, but if he were to stall in committee or face more Republican resistance, his nomination might be in serious jeopardy next year.

read more:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...-bolton-232477

Beat me to it!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It will be interesting to see if this strong language keeps coming from Rand. If Trump gets seriously primaried next time is he going to dial this sort of thing way back and try to blend in with everyone else again? Or is this a wiser Rand who recognizes that it's now possible to say even completely absurd things and still win?

May as well have someone saying things that are both absurd and true...
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Excellent news. Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to how this develops.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It will be interesting to see if this strong language keeps coming from Rand. If Trump gets seriously primaried next time is he going to dial this sort of thing way back and try to blend in with everyone else again? Or is this a wiser Rand who recognizes that it's now possible to say even completely absurd things and still win?

May as well have someone saying things that are both absurd and true...
    The clever part is that keeps framing it as him fighting FOR trump, not fighting against trump.