Thread: Live Stream: Warren Haynes pre-Christmas Jam. Now...

Live Stream: Warren Haynes pre-Christmas Jam. Now...

Last edited by phill4paul; 12-09-2016 at 07:11 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can see tonight's and tomorrow's line up in this image....

Eric Krasno, Duane Trucks, Paul Riddle and Mark Mullins & Levee Horns have been added to the lineup for the main event at U.S. Cellular Center. In addition, it has been revealed that pianist Holly Bowling will perform during changeovers. The lineup already included Haynes and his band Gov’t Mule as well as Bob Weir, Michael McDonald, Jamey Johnson & Alison Krauss and The Last Waltz Band featuring Haynes, McDonald, Johnson, Don Was, John Medeski, Terrence Higgins and others. Special guests on the 2016 lineup previously announced are Branford Marsalis, George Porter Jr., Steve Kimock, Marcus King, Kevn Kinney, Audley Freed, Bob Margolin and Mike Barnes.
    You can purchase a HD Live Webcast tomorrow night. $24.99. Starts at 6:30pm. Past jams have run until 3am. So, like $2.50 an hour! I know what I am doing tomorrow night!! Gonna have to drop by the liquor store for a bottle of Makers for me and a bottle of McClelland's for my lady.

http://nugs.tv/Xmas-Jam-Webcast-2016.asp
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-09-2016 at 07:13 PM.

So, apparently tomorrow is going to be the 40th anniversary of The Bands "Last Waltz."

The Jam crew is also giving us a little something special this year. Nearly 40 years to the month that The Band performed their last concert (Nov 25, 1976) Warren Haynes’ supergroup, The Last Waltz Band, will be playing songs from that show. While they do plan to take their act on the road in January, this will be only the second time that they have performed together, the first being a pair of shows that sold out almost instantly during Jazzfest in New Orleans this year.

The exact lineup is unknown but it has been announced that the group will definitely include Haynes, Michael McDonald, bassist Don Was, Jamey Johnson, drummer Terence Higgins, and keyboardist John Medeski. In addition, the original Last Waltz in ’76 featured horn arrangements from New Orleans legend Allen Toussaint, making it seem inevitable that George Porter Jr. and Branford Marsalis will at some point share the stage as well.
    http://ashvegas.com/last-waltz-band-...a-special-glow

$#@!ing awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Gosh I hate to point this out but it says 2015. https://zumic.com/2015/12/03/wncw-of...ember-11-2015/
    Crikey!

Here it is...

http://wncw.org/post/live-friday-dec...istmas-pre-jam

They've already raised $2 mil for Habitat for Humanity!

Also updated tomorrow's to say it is a Live Webcast instead of a Live Stream. Gonna be a hell of a show.

If anyone can replicate The Band these guys are going to do it in spades.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-09-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Jamey Johnson and Alison Krauss on now. Doing Patsy Kline. Make the world go away.

Krauss doing "You say it best." Good stuff.

Bob Weir on now.. touch of gray...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still to come...Gov't Mule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grand Finally this evening.. Gov't Mule and friends. Now.

$#@! yeah... Soul Shine!

Bob Margolin joining in now. Woot!

The live stream doesn't cost $#@! and will come over anywhere. Get on it dammnit!

Hey, little girl, can I come along?

Smoke stack lightening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't you hear me crying???????????????/

Going out west. The horn section for The Last Waltz is present and accounted for. Tomorrow is gonna rock better than tonight. And tonight is rocking.

Hope others decided to watch this. It was a great show. 8hrs. worth of quality. I've seen it live in years past but now that I'm a bit older I really enjoyed seeing it in the comfort of home. Fire roaring and some Makers.

Was surprised I hadn't heard of Jamey Johnson before. He released his first album in 2005. Doing country the way country was meant to be done. Not the pop-drivel you hear on "country" stations these days. Bob Weir put on a great performance. He still has the chops. Micheal McDonalds voice just wasn't quite there tonight. "The Last Waltz 40" tribute band did a great job. It's made up of Warren Haynes and Don Was, with Michael McDonald, Jamey Johnson, John Medeski, and Terence Higgins, along with the original horn arrangements of Allen Toussaint. Bob Margolin joined them for a great rendition of Muddy's "I'm a man."

Excellent show all in all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bob Weir/ George Porter Jr.... Eric Krasno - guitar / Terrence Higgins - drums / John Medeski - keyboardist, Branford Marsalis-sax,

Here's the "Last Waltz Band" portion...

Not a part of the webcast. The one good thing about the live cast was the audio quality.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 12-29-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Favorite song of the event.

Steady rollin' Bob Margolin got things jumping with "Mannish Boy."

Another good duo with Krauss and Weir...

It usually Warren's voice that turns me off lol.

I love the guy but he can butcher the vocals on some covers....