Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Dream collapsing for young adults

I got a couple free from places and my Grandmother (now 98!) made a couple nice ones for me. Four is plenty for my shopping. Never get more than that on one trip.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Here there are only two groceries that have them and like Sams Club gasoline they are credit or debit only . I would use all of them on occasion probably if I could pay cash .
    At Sams Club self checkout, you can't use cash, either, but that's the only place I haven't seen a cash option at at least a few of the U scans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What if there was no american dream ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Obama had eight years, what did he do?
    As president, over 1.2 trillion of savings were added to the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    How so? Source? Zippy can put up a chart (even though it is tangential and not applicable to the topic at hand).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    How so? Source? Zippy can put up a chart (even though it is tangential and not applicable to the topic at hand).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No. View Post
    Stock market gains from zero interest . Means , well , nothing . 50 percent or more will go up in smoke in next crash . Paper money , not real.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Stock market gains from zero interest . Means , well , nothing . 50 percent or more will go up in smoke in next crash . Paper money , not real.
    This is not "stock market gains". It doesn't include the valuation of assets, because when you sell those assets, there is no net gain to the gross private savings (unless you sell it to someone abroad).

Attachment 5449

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boone-fig2.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	5451

Name:	-1x-1.jpg 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	5452

Name:	student-loans-held-by-federal-govt.png 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	5453

yes ^^^ you read that correctly; 20X increase in the past 16 years
    from about $50B of federal student debt in 2000 to about $1T now

the government is financing the most epic frat party and every common core dip$#@! is invited

Name:	frat-parties.jpg 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	5454

why would you work?
    then when you get out of regurgitate facts acedemia and have no sense of how to actually create value; work
    who will hire you?

meanwhile...

Name:	EB2B23CF051DB5C3ED04842B8DC2FAAB.jpg 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	5450
    Last edited by presence; 12-11-2016 at 11:55 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12