Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fremont student says school ignores his claims of being racially bullied

Fremont student says school ignores his claims of being racially bullied

Fremont student says school ignores his claims of being racially bullied
    Dec 06 2016

FREMONT, Calif.. (KTVU) - The Fremont Unified School District is combating claims of rampant racism made by a junior high school student.

13-year-old Israel Howard says his second year at Thornton Junior High School has been a nightmare. He claims daily racist taunts and name calling by a group of school students which hasn't stopped.
    "People call me all kinds of names— all racist names and then I try to tell the office and they just sent me out calling me the bad guy," he said.

So, Howard handled his frustrations the best way he knew how— penning a three-page letter to school officials, describing the insults, which include: "You need to go back to the cornfields, slave." "He's got new shoes; you now his black (expletive) stole them." "Look at his hair, looks like a microphone."

In the letter he writes, "I am alone to face this harassment. The vice principal let's people call me black piece of (expletive).
    Morris emphatically says racism isn't tolerated in the district, or school, which has only 3-percent black students. He says the district was notified of this letter November 10, met with the student's family on the 14th, and had a support plan in place that same day.
    Video and more: http://www.ktvu.com/news/222089375-story
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Am I missing something?

Like why this is not major news issue or a federal investigation has not been launched?

Am I missing something?

Like why this is not major news issue or a federal investigation has not been launched?

I would expect this to be 24/7 non stop news cycle worthy in today's media climate.

Protests, moments of silence, even a POTUS mention wouldn't be unheard of.

Sucks that the boy is being genuinely racially harassed and that the school isn't doing a thing about it, though. Hope he finds his way.,
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Surprising given that Fremont is fully part of the Bay Area, a very racially tolerant area of the country, or so I thought.

Last edited by anaconda; 12-09-2016 at 02:32 AM.

I dunno. Seems fishy. If he's telling the truth, I hope he finds justice. If he's lying though, I hope he finds justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Am I missing something?

Because more than likely most of the kids saying that kind of stuff are Asian in descent given the locale.

As the parent of a 12 y/o I can say kids give each other $#@! over anything and everything from clothes-n-shoes to hair style or skin tone, it's what kids do.

Anyone who thinks this kid is entitled to slack from his peers because 'racism' is a $#@!ing idiot.

Leave the kids alone! They're better at life than the whining, headline grabbing 'grown-ups' who want to tell them how special they are...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Am I missing something?

I think you are on to something...

This part doesn't make sense in today's Amerika:

I try to tell the office and they just sent me out calling me the bad guy
    They don't even care?!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I dunno. Seems fishy. If he's telling the truth, I hope he finds justice. If he's lying though, I hope he finds justice.
    Very fishy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Because more than likely most of the kids saying that kind of stuff are Asian in descent given the locale.
    And we have the thread winner!

This was a case of "lying by omission" by the local media. They wanted to add this to the "Trump inspired outbreak of rampant racist attacks" propaganda (hysteria) campaign. They never mention the race or ethnicity of the taunting students. They want everyone to assume that they are white.

They do mention the percentage of black students:

Morris emphatically says racism isn't tolerated in the district, or school, which has only 3-percent black students.
    So black kids are a very small minority at this school. Damn white kids picking on just a few black kids. At least that's what they want you to infer.

But at this school, the percentage of white kids is also probably ~3%. Likely the same for Hispanic kids. The vast majority are Asian and Indian.

Thus, the lack of concern or action from school officials in the most PC area of Amerika, because "racism" is a disorder of the bad white person, no one else. If white kids had been involved, you could be damn sure that there would probably be names, faces and even video of the taunting students, and it would be a national outrage. But in this case, they threw it out there to push a narrative, and all they had to do was "lie by omission".

Too many ugly truths here for the media to get too deep into this one. The next thing you know, they might uncover that many local black and Hispanic Americans are opposed to additional immigration, for reasons in addition to jobs, housing prices, water shortages, pollution and overcrowding. How could they say that the only people opposed to massive immigration are white racists who hate brown people when Americans of every shade oppose immigration when it impacts them directly and in a negative way?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Surprising given that Fremont is fully part of the Bay Area, a very racially tolerant area of the country, or so I thought.

Seeing as it is kids going the taunting, the fact that the area is racially tolerant means nothing. I went to middle school that is mostly black in the heart of Africa and kids who were really dark skins were still taunted for their skin colour. Kids were called blackie, midnight etc. Now had it been the adults making the disparaging remarks then the tolerant level of the society would come into consideration. I have noticed that kids can sometimes be the most wicked, mean and hateful people to their fellow kids.

They have very little empathy for their fellow class mate. I know this very well cos I was taunted daily because I had alopecia and very skinny as a kid so they thought I had AIDS. The sort of insults I experienced as a kid would break the average man.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    As the parent of a 12 y/o I can say kids give each other $#@! over anything and everything from clothes-n-shoes to hair style or skin tone, it's what kids do.

Anyone who thinks this kid is entitled to slack from his peers because 'racism' is a $#@!ing idiot.

Leave the kids alone! They're better at life than the whining, headline grabbing 'grown-ups' who want to tell them how special they are...
    Well, as adults, they can't ignore bullying, which is what the real issue is here. Obviously the best way is for a kid to stand up to the bully themselves, but not every kid can do that.

In the digital age, it has become even worse, with harassing each other in the online world.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Well, as adults, they can't ignore bullying, which is what the real issue is here. Obviously the best way is for a kid to stand up to the bully themselves, but not every kid can do that.

In the digital age, it has become even worse, with harassing each other in the online world.
    When did words make the leap into 'bullying' territory?

I'm 100% certain it wasn't in the 60's and pretty certain not even through the 80's........

This is a modern construct, one which once again changes the actual meaning of a word in order to instill outrage...

When did words make the leap into 'bullying' territory?

I'm 100% certain it wasn't in the 60's and pretty certain not even through the 80's........

This is a modern construct, one which once again changes the actual meaning of a word in order to instill outrage...
    Don't know when the term "bullying" was applied. Back in the day it was name calling or "pick'n on". If you were at Catholic school, probably would get you some corporal punishment.

Don't know when the term "bullying" was applied. Back in the day it was name calling or "pick'n on". If you were at Catholic school, probably would get you some corporal punishment.
    Knuckle bustin' and asswhuppin' were common occurrences in public and Catholic schools...

So were common utterances about sexuality, nationality and race, none of which ever got any attention from the overseers...

"Stop acting like a Pollack" could be heard in the finest homes and public schools without anybody taking offence, "Jew bastard" "Mick" and "WOP" were common phrases that never had Newz articles written about them.....

Today's hypersensitivity is being fostered for a reason.

With basic smartphones being free or super cheap it isn't hard to get at least audio proof of being called names
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Knuckle bustin' and asswhuppin' were common occurrences in public and Catholic schools...

So were common utterances about sexuality, nationality and race, none of which ever got any attention from the overseers...

"Stop acting like a Pollack" could be heard in the finest homes and public schools without anybody taking offence, "Jew bastard" "Mick" and "WOP" were common phrases that never had Newz articles written about them.....

Today's hypersensitivity is being fostered for a reason.
    Yeah and when I was a kid there were "****" everywhere, someone cut you in line? ***!- and that was only us kids. The older generations were far worse- my mom would stub her toe or make a mistake and drop the N- word all of the time, not for racist reasons, it was just her favorite curse word. Stub her toe, drop something and she would yell it out. It wasn't until the 2000's when PC culture really peaked and she started saying nickers. I don't think think this has to do with cultivating hypersensitivity, I think it was always there but people are talking about it more openly. There's a reason why the new first lady wants to put an end to bullying.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I don't think think this has to do with cultivating hypersensitivity, I think it was always there but people are talking about it more openly. There's a reason why the new first lady wants to put an end to bullying.
    What "it" was always there?

And how does lipping off equate to bullying?

Bullying, for decades, has meant;

bul·ly1
    ˈbo͝olē/Submit
    noun
    a person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

verb
    use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

Calling somebody names has never been "bullying" until recently and my contention is that the hypersensitivity being drummed into people is percicely what has permitted the acceptance of this bastardized and wholly inappropriate use of the word/term.

What "it" was always there?

And how does lipping off equate to bullying?

Bullying, for decades, has meant;

bul·ly1
    ˈbo͝olē/Submit
    noun
    a person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

verb
    use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

Calling somebody names has never been "bullying" until recently and my contention is that the hypersensitivity being drummed into people is percicely what has permitted the acceptance of this bastardized and wholly inappropriate use of the word/term.
    Bullying is when a group collectively belittles an individual in order to make themselves feel better. It's like when we called Trump supporters Trumpaloompas. They didn't like it, they reported it to the mods.

Bullying is when a group collectively belittles an individual in order to make themselves feel better.
    I didn't question your acceptance of the bastardized use of the word/term I questioned the mindset you and others exhibit by such acceptance.

Would you care to address that?

I do not accept the inappropriate use of the word/term and instead properly call the behavior you describe 'name calling' or in less formal type 'lipping off'.

I didn't question your acceptance of the bastardized use of the word/term I questioned the mindset you and others exhibit by such acceptance.

Would you care to address that?

I do not accept the inappropriate use of the word/term and instead properly call the behavior you describe 'name calling' or in less formal type 'lipping off'.
    Well I do not accept the inappropriate use of the term conservative. It all started during the information boom, all of the sudden two things happened. Everyone that was racist started being racist online when people cried online others watched and saw how much it affected others feelings, and a group of kids shot up all of their classmates because they were bullied. Millennials everywhere were warned not to bully people or offend them or else risk getting shot up by your classmates. Teachers really started paying attention to bullies when they started fearing for their life.

Well I do not accept the inappropriate use of the term conservative. It all started during the information boom, all of the sudden two things happened. Everyone that was racist started being racist online when people cried online others watched and saw how much it affected others feelings, and a group of kids shot up all of their classmates because they were bullied. Millennials everywhere were warned not to bully people or offend them or else risk getting shot up by your classmates. Teachers really started paying attention to bullies when they started fearing for their life.
    Trying to parse this prose would lead me to assume that you've somehow equated calling people names with school shootings and then tried to justify teachers labeling name calling bullying..... Is this correct?

Or was I supposed to figure out how to apply your opinion of the term 'conservative' and then try to tie in the Millennial generation and 'on line' behavior too?

I still don't grasp why it's appropriate to call name calling bullying when it's clearly not.

An honest Millennial teacher would say "Don't call Johnny names or he's liable to lose his $#@! and blow your mouthy ass away."

Instead they say "Don't bully poor Johnny he's special."

What really should be happening is teachers saying "Johnny doesn't fit in here, he needs to leave." but in today's PC culture everybody fits in everywhere by God or they'll be doped up enough that they do.

People are different, and people don't all get along and that's okay.....Forcing them to interact under law is the real problem.

I still don't grasp why it's appropriate to call name calling bullying when it's clearly not.
    It isn't in itself, that's why out of context of bullying its generally a term of endearment to call someone a name. In context of being bullied though, it is- there has to be the context or intent to belittle. If I just say Timmy's Tarded and shouldn't be in pre calc. That's not necessarily meant to belittle Timmy, unless he isn't tarded and just slacked off and didn't do his homework, then it would be belittling him.

This is horrific. This person is 13 and still says "let's" instead of "lets" and "now" instead of "know."
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I guess maybe when we get older we forget how much it mattered to our 12yo self that you had the cool new shoes that light up when you walk on them or what that cute girl that you like thinks about you, or that you have a friend at least one, because everyone else seems to have a friend.

I don't even know what it would be like to be around a bunch of people your age that never even talked to someone who looked like you, to seem alien to everyone else would be terrifying. It would be like watching the"conservative" party rant and rave about nominating a liberal democrat while your still holding up your Ron Paul sign.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty sure they teach the kids not to do that anymore; as they get in just a much trouble for hitting back.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Justice? What justice? Justice either way is: for absolutely nothing to happen.

These are words. Who cares? Likewise he wrote words. Who cares?

You want to prosecute the youths for their words, or what?

Men are, and of a right ought to be, free to say whatever words they wish to each other. He doesn't like it? Poor baby. Maybe he should grow a brain and find a school with people who call him things he does like.

Of course real justice would be shut down all the propaganda camps and let the free market take over education.

Legally mandated association, as Tod says, is the problem here.

So maybe a bunch of his classmates dislike negros. OK. So what is the State or School solution there? Somehow force them to pretend that they don't. Oh yeah, that will work just brilliantly.

Just disassociate!

There's going to be people who hate you throughout your life! Get over it!

Stop whining. Start doing.

Just man up and solve your problems your own darn self. It ain't rocket science.

But what do I know, I'm just old-fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    This is horrific. This person is 13 and still says "let's" instead of "lets" and "now" instead of "know."
    If it's horrific for a 13 yr old make a couple of typos, what would you call this?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I dunno. Sometimes there's some subtle hints when it comes to sizes of things.
    For anyone who missed it. She uses "there's" instead of "there are" in the sentence. Btw, before you got searching for the typos/grammatical errors I have made, don't bother cos I would be the first to admit that I have made and will continue to make typos and grammatical errors. But unlike some people, I do not think it is the end of the world to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post

Just disassociate!

It ain't rocket science.

But what do I know, I'm just old-fashioned.
    Maybe you teach kids not to hate others and make people hate themselves. This is what's wrong with this country, people don't care what other people think anymore so they half ass everything. People have no pride in anything they $#@!ing do because they hate themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Justice? What justice? Justice either way is: for absolutely nothing to happen.

These are words. Who cares? Likewise he wrote words. Who cares?

You want to prosecute the youths for their words, or what?

Men are, and of a right ought to be, free to say whatever words they wish to each other. He doesn't like it? Poor baby. Maybe he should grow a brain and find a school with people who call him things he does like.
    Justice is a pretty deep concept and it is not synonymous with "the courts." By interposing the same destination to both axis of this conflict, I think I implied that thoroughly enough.

Do you so lack imagination to fail to perceive some local triumph of this child that promotes justice? Or contrariwise if a fraud, some similar failure?

Should I have added the word "cosmic" before Justice to make sure that snowflakes could understand what I wrote?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast