Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two More Companies coming back because of Trump's win

Banned

Blog Entries

Two More Companies coming back because of Trump's win

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/tech...cturing-trump/
    trans-Lux
    "Earlier this year, we didn't think Donald Trump would win," said Allain. "But we closely watched his campaign and listened to his protectionist rhetoric. His win forced us to reevaluate our plans in China."
    US Steel, up to 10,000 jobs
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u-...-idUSKBN13W2SI

"I have not felt an environment of positive optimism, where forces are converging to provide for better environment in quite a while," Longhi was quoted as saying in the interview.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a Trump detractor I must say I like the direction he is going WRT industry/job creation.

Donald? Or other factors?

But as China's economy developed, conducting business there has become increasingly expensive for foreign firms.

"Compared to 1997, labor costs are much higher, shipping costs are monstrous and it's very hard to find a new facility to expand our production," said Allain.
    They were already in the process of moving back to the US.

Trans-Lux is accelerating bringing its production back to the U.S. from China.
    "The political rhetoric primarily on the Republican side, both from candidate Trump and Congress, really pushed us to act faster to get that new facility underway and move production here," said Allain.

fake news
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    fake news
    Is this what passes for intelligent discourse these days. Is that all you got?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Is this what passes for intelligent discourse these days. Is that all you got?
    OP needs to post from credible sources like infowars or national enquirer.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

but as you noted, they were not in any kind of hurry. Must not be all that bad in China, but they anticipate it being MUCH better here in the US, thanks to..

What?

Go on say it. Say it.

I want to hear you say it.

They actually announced it back in February. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300224935.html

Who was president?

NEW YORK, Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Trans-Lux Corporation (OTC Pink: TNLX) ("Trans-Lux"), a leading supplier of Digital Displays and next generation LED lighting, announced today plans to build a new, state-of-the-art LED Display and Lighting manufacturing facility in the United States. The company also unveiled plans to onshore production. The announcement was made by J.M. Allain, President and CEO.

"Not only are we committed to a new facility with advanced equipment, but we are proud to announce a continuation of our strategy to onshore a significant amount of manufacturing currently done in China. We believe that this strategy allows for superior quality, shorter lead times and cost savings" said Mr. Allain.

The company has selected Prima Power as the supplier of the new manufacturing equipment after a long process to identify needs and requirements. The company expects to begin turning up the new equipment in the next few months.

"While the majority of our competitors increase their reliance on various OEM factories in Asia, we are doing the opposite. We believe that manufacturing our products in America provides us with strategic advantages as well as allowing for the quality that our customers demand. Fundamentally, this allows us to control our own destiny here at home and have our production closer to our engineering staff and customers," he concluded.

Of course I'm not surprised to see the usual suspects detracting and pooh poohing this.

Like Phill, I was vocal in my criticism of Trump, and still have serious issues with his policies and cabinet picks.

But no matter how you slice it, manufacturing and the jobs and wealth it creates, seeing positives signs from government, a willingness to roll back some of the insane regulatory and taxation burden on all of us and that resulting in companies coming back to invest and work here, is an undeniably good thing.

I'm as hard bitten a cynic as has ever walked the earth, Mencken was a Polly-Anna pretender compared to my dim outlook on humanity and the future.

But for $#@!'s sake, take a good thing when you see it...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    take a good thing when you see it...
    Yep.

Z-Juan seems to be in the midst of a difficult and awkward transition from his eight-year-long "Everything is Going Fine! Just Rosy!" stance into a new "Everything Totally Stinks! This Country Going Down the Drain" position.

Given how, in my opinion, the government has done a lousy, lousy job and been horrifyingly evil and the economy has been relatively stagnant & in the dumps during the period (Z-Juan's entire career here) when Z-Juan has been extolling Obama's benign competence and the economy's unstoppable awesomeness, given that, I can only hope that the symmetry holds for the converse.

Bring on the new, improved Doom and Gloom Z-Juan(TM)! And Let the Good Times Roll!
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 12-08-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Of course I'm not surprised to see the usual suspects detracting and pooh poohing this.

Like Phill, I was vocal in my criticism of Trump, and still have serious issues with his policies and cabinet picks.

But no matter how you slice it, manufacturing and the jobs and wealth it creates, seeing positives signs from government, a willingness to roll back some of the insane regulatory and taxation burden on all of us and that resulting in companies coming back to invest and work here, is an undeniably good thing.

I'm as hard bitten a cynic as has ever walked the earth, Mencken was a Polly-Anna pretender compared to my dim outlook on humanity and the future.

But for $#@!'s sake, take a good thing when you see it...
    Nothing tangible has happened as of yet, despite these bull$#@! stories. I'm a bit surprised you two are falling for the crap being put out. He's still an authoritarian and so far his claims have been a bunch of sound and fury and nothing else. Hope springs eternal I guess.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Nothing tangible has happened as of yet, despite these bull$#@! stories. I'm a bit surprised you two are falling for the crap being put out. He's still an authoritarian and so far his claims have been a bunch of sound and fury and nothing else. Hope springs eternal I guess.
    Yes to everything...won't get an argument from me other than to defend myself, to a certain extent, as "falling for" anything.

Obviously many in the "business community" are at least re-thinking plans to offshore and outsource their operations and instead keep them here.

So, since I, personally, was so stupendously wrong about how this election was going to play out, I have no choice but to sit back and watch at this point.

And I maintain that is good for all of us.

If manufacturing goods at a loss were profitable then China wouldn't have to parade their nukes on CCTV after their economy started to crash. Looks like we might have to start parading our nukes if Trump keeps this $#@! up. I agree with the Judge though.

Well, 800 manufacturing jobs were retained in Indianapolis. So there is that. How much Trump had to do with that I have no idea. But, I am happy that at least there is talk of manufacturing reinvesting in America. It's been a long time since there has been even that.

This country desperately needs to be put back to work again. Community colleges need more trade training and less cis-gender studies. Prosperity leads to individual freedom. Poverty leads to dependence and dependence, naturally, requires more calls for governance.

Well, worth the watch....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...osperous-again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a Trump detractor I must say I like the direction he is going WRT industry/job creation.
    Yes, I also am sick and tired, of America losing its jobs to China, just so we can buy manufactured goods at reasonable prices.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    This is great news, for all those looking for jobs to manufacture LED signs.

Are they accepting applications yet? I love the TSA but they don't pay very well.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Well, 800 manufacturing jobs were retained in Indianapolis. So there is that. How much Trump had to do with that I have no idea. But, I am happy that at least there is talk of manufacturing reinvesting in America. It's been a long time since there has been even that.

This country desperately needs to be put back to work again. Community colleges need more trade training and less cis-gender studies. Prosperity leads to individual freedom. Poverty leads to dependence and dependence, naturally, requires more calls for governance.

Well, worth the watch....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...osperous-again
    Retained? Are you sure?
    "The Patriarch"

Retained? Are you sure?
    The only thing sure in life is death and taxes. I don't really credit Trump with the Carrier deal. It was between them and the state of Indiana. But, his rhetoric may well have influenced the decision. I dunno. Just glad 800 workers that made $70k a year aren't on welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    OP needs to post from credible sources like infowars or national enquirer.
    Or RT.
    Or the Ron Paul Liberty Report! arf, arf, arf!

This sort of sarcastic snark loses all value when you're parodying a parody. The joke's on you.

The Washington Post would be proud:

The latest trend: Fake fake news allegations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6298e26b5b84

The Ron Paul Liberty Report on Saturday published what it called “the real fake news list” with names of prominent journalists such as ABC's Diane Sawyer, CNN's Wolf Blitzer and the New York Times' Maggie Haberman.

“This list contains the culprits who told us that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and lied us into multiple bogus wars,” Ron Paul's website wrote. “These are the news sources that told us 'if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.' They told us that Hillary Clinton had a 98 percent of winning the election. They tell us in a never-ending loop that 'the economy is in great shape!' "

It is perfectly legitimate to criticize the press for underestimating Trump's candidacy or for failing to demand more evidence before the invasion of Iraq — but it makes no sense to equate these alleged shortcomings with publication of pure fiction.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

The only thing sure in life is death and taxes. I don't really credit Trump with the Carrier deal. It was between them and the state of Indiana. But, his rhetoric may well have influenced the decision. I dunno. Just glad 800 workers that made $70k a year aren't on welfare.
    My job got outsourced, I'm not on welfare. I could be wrong and I hope I am, but I think you need to step back and evaluate a little more Phill.
    "The Patriarch"

My job got outsourced, I'm not on welfare. I could be wrong and I hope I am, but I think you need to step back and evaluate a little more Phill.
    If everything goes according to plan, Trump will eliminate your companies' offshore competitors through protectionist policy,

and you'll have your job back!

Isn't that great tho?
    - Kim Kardashian

On the same note, Trump needs to tell Uber to stop trying to automate its cars. If they do that successfully, "poof!" - 200,000+ jobs out the window.

I think there's also some holes that need to be filled and perhaps dug again.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If everything goes according to plan, Trump will eliminate your companies' offshore competitors through protectionist policy,

and you'll have your job back!

Isn't that great tho?
    I don't need a job anymore. That's the one good thing all this has done for me, and I'm making better money creating my own work.
    "The Patriarch"

I don't need a job anymore. That's the one good thing all this has done for me, and I'm making better money creating my own work.
    I don't understand... you adapted to the situation... and made the best of it.. and ended up better off??

- Kim Kardashian

Does it matter?
    Absolutely.

The thread title is "Two More Companies coming back because of Trump's win "

At least one of those is absolutely a lie.

In regards to US Steel the whole first half of the article is about how steel is just now starting to recover from the recession and has nothing to do with Trump. Claiming Trump is bringing back jobs there is stretching the truth almost to the breaking point. The only reason it isn't an outright lie is because the CEO mentions Trump make shim optimistic.

That said, fascists have always been good for business. When you're willing to allow corporate powers to dominate the law, cut them legal privileges, target their competition, and allow them to profit at the teat of the taxpayer, of course they're going to do well.

Fewer regulations and a lower corporate tax rate are good. That isn't the reason the first quote gave. "But we closely watched his campaign and listened to his protectionist rhetoric. His win forced us to reevaluate our plans in China." He said Trump's protectionist rhetoric was a factor. Protectionism exacerbated the Great Depression.

It is terrible thing if companies stay here because of crony handouts, threats from the President, and tariffs which are another form of corporate welfare.

The United States manufactures more now than at any point in the history of the country. Manufacturing never left. There are fewer steel workers at US Steel because Nucor ate their lunch and made steel more efficiently and required fewer people to make it.

I'm not either. I run my own game too. But not everyone in America is you nor I. I'm a handyman. I don't have a license, insurance, nor am I bonded. I've got my customer book next to me. Every one of my customers is above the age of 50. Every one of them grew up in an era in which one could work, save and retire comfortably. It's been a long time since the boom times of furniture and textiles in our area. And there is nothing to replace it except a grand plan by the city council to create a "retirement" community. It's a shame because I remember when houses were being built and money was being passed around by everyone.

Too many sore losers after the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast