Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two More Companies coming back because of Trump's win

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Too many sore losers after the election.
    Some people I know who are Hillary supporters, have taken butt-hurt to a whole new level. Ruining relationships. Ruining careers. It's hilarious
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I was planning to wait and see before I made my judgement but listen to the case Keith Olbermann made about his policy. Yes he might have saved a few hundred jobs but if he goes along with his plan on bullying companies who try to take jobs overseas, then companies would be reluctant to create new jobs in the US because they would be afraid that Trump would retaliate if the plan on moving them in the future. It is usually the unintended consequences like these that bother me about moves like this.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Too many sore losers after the election.
    This means what? Besides you're a (mod edit)
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

I was planning to wait and see before I made my judgement but listen to the case Keith Olbermann made about his policy. Yes he might have saved a few hundred jobs but if he goes along with his plan on bullying companies who try to take jobs overseas, then companies would be reluctant to create new jobs in the US because they would be afraid that Trump would retaliate if the plan on moving them in the future. It is usually the unintended consequences like these that bother me about moves like this.
    liberal talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

liberal talk
    Stupid toady talk.
    "The Patriarch"

liberal talk
    Yea, I don't agree with everything he says but I think he made some good points in the presentation.

Yea, I don't agree with everything he says but I think he made some good points in the presentation.
    No good points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    On the same note, Trump needs to tell Uber to stop trying to automate its cars. If they do that successfully, "poof!" - 200,000+ jobs out the window.

I think there's also some holes that need to be filled and perhaps dug again.
    Stupid automation taking all of our jobs by undercutting us on labor. Trump should put tariffs on automation until it costs the same so nobody automates anything.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Or the Ron Paul Liberty Report! arf, arf, arf!

This sort of sarcastic snark loses all value when you're parodying a parody. The joke's on you.

The Washington Post would be proud:

The latest trend: Fake fake news allegations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6298e26b5b84
    It wasn't intended to be snark, just pointing out some problems with that line of thinking.

And Washington Post is right in this instance. There's more than a trivial difference between slanted coverage (that is done on both [A] the major outlets and [B] the alt media) and [C] straight up bull$#@!. Serious attempts to conflate A or B with C does more harm than good because it creates captive audiences that are highly susceptible to whatever messaging comes out of their preferred group of outlets.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries

Keith Olbermann? really? Keith Olbermann?
    Keith Olbermann said in one of his rants that Trump would cancel all elections on inauguration day. He actually said that.
    If that happens, I'll come back and watch this video. LOL.
    Last edited by UWDude; 12-09-2016 at 05:28 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The United States manufactures more now than at any point in the history of the country.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    fake news
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    absolutely a lie.

nothing to do with Trump.
    ...Trump
    ...Trump
    ...fascists
    Bitter!... bitter!... bitter!

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Keith Olbermann? really? Keith Olbermann?
    Keith Olbermann said in one of his rants that Trump would cancel all elections on inauguration day. He actually said that.
    If that happens, I'll come back and watch this video. LOL.
    I had a feeling this was going to be the counter to the point his is making. Cover your ears and scream "La la la la la" its Keith Olbermann so I am going to dismiss him without listening. I don't really blame you cos I would have done the same when I was a partisan, R vs D person.

Fewer regulations and a lower corporate tax rate are good. That isn't the reason the first quote gave. "But we closely watched his campaign and listened to his protectionist rhetoric. His win forced us to reevaluate our plans in China." He said Trump's protectionist rhetoric was a factor. Protectionism exacerbated the Great Depression.

It is terrible thing if companies stay here because of crony handouts, threats from the President, and tariffs which are another form of corporate welfare.

The United States manufactures more now than at any point in the history of the country. Manufacturing never left. There are fewer steel workers at US Steel because Nucor ate their lunch and made steel more efficiently and required fewer people to make it.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Krugminator2 again."

Banned

Blog Entries
    I had a feeling this was going to be the counter to the point his is making. Cover your ears and scream "La la la la la" its Keith Olbermann so I am going to dismiss him without listening. I don't really blame you cos I would have done the same when I was a partisan, R vs D person.
    I've watched enough Olbermann. I've seen enough failed predictions. I am not going to waste my time on him, and his predictions. We'll see what happens when it happens. Everything is "dangerous" right now, I get it. Blah blah blah. Trump can do no right, I am quite aware of that. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah dangerous future blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Yep.

Z-Juan seems to be in the midst of a difficult and awkward transition from his eight-year-long "Everything is Going Fine! Just Rosy!" stance into a new "Everything Totally Stinks! This Country Going Down the Drain" position.
    Yeah. Everything good that happens is Obama's doing but the bad things are Trump's even though Trump has not taken office yet.

Bringing back jobs is a good start, but (and I've said this about 100 times) the GAO has consistently pointed out that our economy cannot sustain the level of debt we are projected to incur. The congressional budgets that Obama signed do indeed have debt falling, but that's only short term. It is rising again this year as projected, and without some serious structural changes the economy will collapse. That's not me talking - that's the government beancounter position.

Of course the Democrats will blame Trump and the GOP will blame the Democrats but it's a bipartisan problem and either Trump will either deal with it, exacerbate it, or simply suffer it.

It is perfectly acceptable to dismiss an opinion based on a biased source. (Note that is not the same as dismissing evidence from a questionable source.)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The United States manufactures more now than at any point in the history of the country. Manufacturing never left. There are fewer steel workers at US Steel because Nucor ate their lunch and made steel more efficiently and required fewer people to make it.

Dude, I live in the midwest. Productivity might be up but in the past that has always led to cheaper prices and more jobs. Those jobs are now overseas.

Last edited by angelatc; 12-09-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It is perfectly acceptable to dismiss an opinion based on a biased source. (Note that is not the same as dismissing evidence from a questionable source.)
    Yes, I usually do the same for anything Alex Jones and Stefan Molyneux but every once in a while, I give in a watch their material and yes they do make some good points every once in a while. I believe that nobody is wrong all the time and this is one instance I think Keith Olbermann is right about some of his critique of trump.

Btw, for anyone brave enough to watch the clip. I do not agree with everything he said, just agree on he unintended consequence he pointed out in the video with Trump economic policy

Yes, I usually do the same for anything Alex Jones and Stefan Molyneux but every once in a while, I give in a watch their material and yes they do make some good points every once in a while. I believe that nobody is wrong all the time and this is one instance I think Keith Olbermann is right about some of his critique of trump.

Btw, for anyone brave enough to watch the clip. I do not agree with everything he said, just agree on he unintended consequence he pointed out in the video with Trump economic policy
    Keith Olbermann is the poster child for unintended consequences.

He isn't critiquing anything. He's making a projection. If the prediction were that Trump was going to do something right it would be interesting, as would a segment criticizing Obama, Hillary, or any Democrat policy. But there is no substance to back up his assertions - he's just saying things you already agreed with.

He's a partisan hack hacking about things that have not happened yet. In short, he represents everything that is wrong with journalism today.

But I do laugh every time I click this link, because he's such a miserable prick I know it must piss him off endlessly: www.keitholbermann.com
    Last edited by angelatc; 12-09-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Keith Olbermann is the poster child for unintended consequences.
    Poster child for unintended consequences? how so? I really don't understand this statement.

He isn't critiquing anything. He's making a projection.
    What is he projecting? that not giving tax cuts to one company and threatening to punish companies that off shore their US jobs with tarrifs would lead to companies refusing to create new jobs in the US? And yes he is criticizing Trump, you may not appreciate the particular criticism but that is what he is doing.

If the prediction were that Trump was going to do something right it would be interesting, as would a segment criticizing Obama, Hillary, or any Democrat policy. But there is no substance to back up his assertions - he's just saying things you already agreed with.
    There are videos of him criticizing Obama on foreign policy, domestic spying etc criticism that would echo the sort of stuff Rand Paul criticizes him for. What do you mean by substance? do you not see the logic of how Trump threatening companies with tariffs if they off shored American jobs would scare them from creating new American jobs in the future? the logic is the substance in this case

He is not saying things we already know cos nobody in this thread at least has brought it up. You know, for a second, I thought of stealing the idea and claiming it as my own because I knew that bringing Keith Olbermann's name to the mix would poison the well around here. I know I am not highly thought off in the forum but had I put my name on it, more people would at least be open minded to listen to the reasoning.

He's a partisan hack hacking about things that have not happened yet. In short, he represents everything that is wrong with journalism today.

But I do laugh every time I click this link, because he's such a miserable prick I know it must piss him off endlessly: www.keitholbermann.com
    Its called forecasting, we don't have to wait for the rain to start falling for us to know that we need to leave the house with an umbrella. And no he doesn't represent everything wrong with journalism. He has his bias yes but unlike most people in journalism, he is intelligent, principled and more honest that the average journo.

Poster child for unintended consequences? how so? I really don't understand this statement..
    He gets fired and suspended on a pretty regular basis.

Keith Olbermann is a former sportscaster who decided he was actually a political commentator like everybody else, and for a while he was able to maintain a modest following by bellowing at George W. Bush to resign. That was a long time ago. These days he’s remembered, if he’s remembered at all, as the guy who made a point of alienating anybody and everybody who ever cut him a check.

Fired twice from MSNBC. Fired twice from ESPN. Fired once from Current. Soon to part ways with GQ. Everything posted below is Wikileaks condensed version. The salacious versions are far more telling.

On October 28, 2010, days before the 2010 U.S. elections, Olbermann donated $2,400 each to three Democratic candidates for Congress: Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway, and Arizona Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords.[79] Grijalva had appeared on Olbermann's show immediately before Olbermann mailed the donations. In response, on November 5, MSNBC President Phil Griffin suspended him indefinitely without pay for violating a network policy which required employees to obtain approval from management before making political contributions
    On January 21, 2011, Olbermann announced his departure from MSNBC and that the episode would be the final episode of Countdown.[83][84] MSNBC issued a statement that it had ended its contract with Olbermann, with no further explanation. Additional reporting in the days immediately following suggested that the negotiations for the end of Olbermann's tenure at MSNBC had begun soon after the end of his suspension
    Olbermann was fired from Current TV on March 30, 2012. In a statement from Current TV, they stated that "Current was [...] founded on the values of respect, openness, collegiality, and loyalty to our viewers. Unfortunately these values are no longer reflected in our relationship with Keith Olbermann and we have ended it.
    Olbermann was suspended by ESPN in 2015 for the week following Penn State University's annual philanthropy THON due to a Twitter exchange he had with Penn State supporters.[43] In the Twitter exchange, Olbermann stated, "PSU students are pitiful." Later, prior to apologizing, Olbermann stated, "I'd like to thank the students and alums of Penn State for proving my point about the mediocrity of their education and ethics."

In July 2015, ESPN announced that this would be Olbermann's last month with the network.
    He has his bias yes but unlike most people in journalism, he is intelligent, principled and more honest that the average journo.
    in 2006 at Television Critics' Association in California, Olbermann donned a mask of O'Reilly and made a Nazi salute.

Olbermann asked Countdown viewers to fund the purchase of lurid audio tapes...

Before the 2010 Massachusetts special election, Olbermann called Republican candidate Scott Brown "an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, Tea Bagging supporter of violence against women, and against politicians with whom he disagrees"

November 2007, British newspaper The Daily Telegraph placed Olbermann at #67 on their Top 100 list of most influential US liberals. It said that he used his MSNBC show to promote "an increasingly strident liberal agenda."

He has accused the Tea Party movement of being racist.

In a special comment on May 14, 2008, Olbermann criticized Bush for announcing that he had stopped playing golf in honor of American soldiers who died in the Iraq war.

Was he against the Iraq War before it started? I'll save you some Googling: No. But he cashed on on the vocalization of the nation's uneasy feeling on it. Was he equally brutal with Obama's wars? You decide.

He is not a journalist. He is a miserable prick looking to re-enter the pundit arena to cash in with never ending crude unprincipled partisan attacks on the GOP president. The Trump win is secondary - he'd be loud and miserable no matter which GOP candidate won.

do you not see the logic of how Trump threatening companies with tariffs if they off shored American jobs would scare them from creating new American jobs in the future? the logic is the substance in this case
    I think it also a legal framework for the government to sell access

Dude, I live in the midwest. Productivity might be up but in the past that has always led to cheaper prices and more jobs. Those jobs are now overseas.

Automation has had a huge impact too. It used to take something like 20 people to make one car while now with machines maybe four can do it. (numbers may not be accurate but it is considerably fewer). With that, you can have higher output but fewer workers.

Related: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...duction-soars/

Chinese factory replaces 90% of humans with robots, production soars

The gravest fear that has rippled through humanity from the technology industry is that, someday, almost all of our jobs will be replaced by robots.

While that fear is often laughed off as something that will only happen far into the future, the truth is that it's actually happening right now.

In Dongguan City, located in the central Guangdong province of China, a technology company has set up a factory run almost exclusively by robots, and the results are fascinating.

The Changying Precision Technology Company factory in Dongguan has automated production lines that use robotic arms to produce parts for cell phones. The factory also has automated machining equipment, autonomous transport trucks, and other automated equipment in the warehouse.

There are still people working at the factory, though. Three workers check and monitor each production line and there are other employees who monitor a computer control system. Previously, there were 650 employees at the factory. With the new robots, there's now only 60. Luo Weiqiang, general manager of the company, told the People's Daily that the number of employees could drop to 20 in the future.

The robots have produced almost three times as many pieces as were produced before. According to the People's Daily, production per person has increased from 8,000 pieces to 21,000 pieces. That's a 162.5% increase.

The increased production rate hasn't come at the cost of quality either. In fact, quality has improved. Before the robots, the product defect rate was 25%, now it is below 5%.

Shenzhen Evenwin Precision Technology, also based in Dongguan, announced a similar effort in May 2015. This region of China is often referred to as the "world's workshop" due to the high number of factories located there.

The shift happening with automation has been in the works for many similar companies in the area for quite some time. Foxconn, the controversial manufacturer of many gadgets such as the iPhone and iPad announced its robot initiative back in 2011.

Dongguan is about an hour's car ride north of Shenzhen, which is widely regarded as one of the top regions in the world for gadget manufacturing. The growth of robotics in the area's factories comes amidst a particularly harsh climate around factory worker conditions, highlighted by strikes in the area. One can only wonder whether automation will add fuel to the fire or quell some of the unrest.
    No president will be able to bring back all the manufacturing jobs we once had. Not for humans anyhow.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-09-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

No president will be able to bring back all the manufacturing jobs we once had. Not for humans anyhow.
    We'll just have to see, i guess.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Automation has had a huge impact too. It used to take something like 20 people to make one car while now with machined maybe four can do it. (numbers may not be accurate but it is considerably fewer). With that, you can have higher output but fewer workers.

And cheaper cars. Cheaper cars means more demand. More demand means more workers.

And cheaper cars. Cheaper cars means more demand. More demand means more workers.
    Or just work the ones they have more. Though eventually you do need more workers. Output in automotive manufacturing is higher than before the recession but workers have not increased buy much since their bottom.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-09-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Trump was asked about the robots, and the fact those manufacturing jobs would be lost forever to automation. His response, "we'll make the robots too."

In your face, zip.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Trump was asked about the robots, and the fact those manufacturing jobs would be lost forever to automation. His response, "we'll make the robots too."

In your face, zip.
    I wonder how many John deer tractors increased the net amount of jobs in this country. Trump should have known that we manufacturer many of those robotic arms now taking hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs. Making the robots too wouldn't bring the jobs back.

The problem with manufacturing in the US is that labor else where in the world is just too cheap for most American worker to compete with. How many here would do anything for $10 per workday salary?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast