Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Christ Accepts Whomsoever Will, Especially the Sinner

Christ Accepts Whomsoever Will, Especially the Sinner

Christ Accepts Whomsoever Will, Especially the Sinner

By: Brandon T. Ward

Many people wrongly believe they cannot turn to Jesus Christ because of their sinful lifestyle. They believe their sins are too great and that Christ would never accept or love them in that condition.

Nothing could be further from the truth my friends, sinners can be saved and Jesus loves you. Our Father loves us so much He sent His only Son into the world to die on the Cross so that we may be forgiven of our sins if we ask Him too. This is conditional however, it requires us to believe in Christ and have a true change of heart in order to be forgiven of our sins. Let us document that in God’s Word, The Bible.

Before we start our Bible study, let us ask our Father for wisdom and understanding of His Word, in Jesus Name amen.

John 3:17
    17 “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.“

Christ did not come to this earth to beat us over the head with His Word. He came to forgive us, to redeem us of our sins so that we may receive eternal life as John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 document. This is how to become a Christian.

Christ will wash away our sins if we truly have a change of heart and ask Him to forgive us. Not because we are worthy, but because Christ is worthy. But you need to take the first step, come to Him. Christ’s arms are always open, you just have to accept His invitation.

Let us continue to document that Christ came to earth to be crucified for the sinner.

Mark 2:15-16
    15 “And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his disciples: for there were many, and they followed him.”

16 “And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?”

The self-righteous religious community of the time did not like Christ to begin with, nor did they think someone who is righteous should sit down to eat with a sinner.

Mark 2:17
    17 “When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Out of Christ’s own mouth, He came for you. This is why He sat down with the sinners to enjoy a meal. So He could socialize with them in an attempt to turn them from their sinful nature and bring them into His Righteous Light.

A great example of conversion is Saul who later became the Apostle Paul. He persecuted the church severely. Paul was later converted on the road to Damascus where Christ struck him down (Acts 9). Paul would then go on to write most of the New Testament. Please turn your Bible to the words of Paul in,

1 Timothy 1:12-14
    12 “And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;”

13 “Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.”

14 “And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.“

We are saved by grace which is our Father’s unmerited favor to us. Our Father is “not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance,” (2 Peter 3:9).

1 Timothy 1:15
    15 “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”

What an incredible statement from someone who penned so much of the New Testament, yet at one time was a ‘chief sinner’. If Paul can be forgiven of his sins, then we can be forgiven of our sins as well.

Acts 3:19
    19 “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;”

“That your sins may be blotted out”. When we truly repent of our sins they are completely erased by our Father. They no longer exist. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is forgive our self, but understand our Father has already forgiven us.

Acts 22:16
    16 “And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”

If you are a sinner, it is never too late for you to turn to Christ. You can do it right now. Ask Him in prayer, Father forgive me of my sins and trespasses. I ask that You come into my life and help me depart from my sinful ways. Help me understand your ways Lord so that I may walk in your Righteous Light. In Jesus name Amen.
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...ever-will.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In before S_F......

good news.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

~BUMP~
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I think we're on the same wavelength today. As you can see by my new signature.

As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

John 3:14-17
    Last edited by lilymc; 12-09-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I think we're on the same wavelength today. As you can see by my new signature.
    The scripture lawyer will be in to tell us it is not what the scripture means. We're all dumb sheep, you know?

It's true. Those who will to come to Christ are those whom Christ accepts. And their willing is a result of the work of God who is at work in them both to will and to do for his good pleasure.

The message contained within this article is part of the truth, but there is a whole lot of scripture missing from this individual write-up to treat it as a binding rule of interpretation. Romans 9:11-13 is a good verse to add to the equation to give a context as to the nature of how the sinner (everyone is one of these) becomes saved, though it obviously does not invalidate said verses.

A little something for lilymc, just because:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So there is hope for AF?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So there is hope for AF?
    There is hope for everyone still breathing.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

1 Corinthians 13 (KJV)

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Psalm 5:5 says God hates all workers of iniquity. Not just the sin, the sinner. What now: Arminians?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    What now:Arminian s?
    What's new?

and what is Arminian?

I'm a saved (reformed) Druid.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A Morning Prayer

This Psalm carries the title, To the Chief Musician. With flutes. A Psalm of David. It shows David coming to the LORD in the morning and receiving the strength and joy he needs to make it through the day against many adversaries.

A. Approaching God in the morning.

1. (Psa 5:1-3) David approaches God.

Give ear to my words, O LORD,
    Consider my meditation.
    Give heed to the voice of my cry,
    My King and my God,
    For to You I will pray.
    My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD;
    In the morning I will direct it to You,
    And I will look up.

a. Give ear … consider … give heed: David longs for an audience with God. Using the Hebrew method of parallelism he repeats the same idea three times: "LORD, please listen to me."

b. For to You I will pray: David prayed to God. This may sound elementary, but it is an essential aspect of prayer. Often we come to prayer so full of our request or our feelings that we never consciously focus on God and sense His presence. David was a great man of prayer because His prayer time was focused on God.

i. "Very much of so-called prayer, both public and private, is not unto God. In order that a prayer should be really unto God, there must be a definite and conscious approach to God when we pray; we must have a definite and vivid realization that God is bending over us and listening as we pray." (Torrey)

c. My voice You shall hear in the morning: David made it a point to pray in the morning. He did this because he wanted to honor God at the beginning of his day, and set the tone for an entire day dedicated unto God.

i. Hudson Taylor, the famous missionary to China, had trouble finding time alone with God. He began to wake himself up at 2:00 in the morning and using those quiet hours when everyone else slept to commune with God.

ii. "What is a slothful sinner to think of himself, when he reads, concerning the holy name of Jesus, that 'in the morning, rising up a great while before the day, he went out and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed!' - Mark 1:35" (Horne)

iii. "This is the fittest time for intercourse with God. An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. While the dew is on the grass, let grace drop upon the soul." (Spurgeon)

d. In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up: David gives us what to do before and after prayer. Before we pray, we should direct our prayer. After we pray, we look up with expectancy to heaven, really believing that God will answer.

i. The idea behind direct is not "to aim" but "to order, to arrange." "It is the word that is used for the laying in order of the wood and pieces of the victim upon the altar, and it is used also for the putting of the shewbread upon the table. It means just this: 'I will arrange my prayer before thee;' I will lay it out upon the altar in the morning, just as the priest lays out the morning sacrifice." (Spurgeon)

ii. "It is manifestly a mistake to pray at haphazard. There is too much random praying with us all. We do not return again and again to the same petition, pressing it home with all humility and reverence, and arguing the case, as Abraham did his for the cities of the plain." (Meyer)

iii. "Do we not miss very much of the sweetness and efficacy of prayer by a want of careful meditation before it, and of hopeful expectation after it? Let holy preparation link hands with patient expectation, and we shall have far larger answers to our prayers." (Spurgeon)

2. (Psa 5:4-8) A contrast between the wicked man and the godly man.

For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness,
    Nor shall evil dwell with You.
    The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
    You hate all workers of iniquity.
    You shall destroy those who speak falsehood;
    The LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.

But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy;
    In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.
    Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies;
    Make Your way straight before my face.

a. You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness: David meditates on the righteous character of God. Our actions matter before a God who hates all workers of iniquity.

i. As David drew closer to God he became more aware of God's holiness and man's sinfulness. "This is a good way to measure how well you are praying and whether, as you pray, you are drawing close to God or are merely mouthing words. If you are drawing close to God, you will become increasingly sensitive to sin, which is inevitable since the God you are approaching is a holy God." (Boice)

b. I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy: This is David's confidence. It isn't that he is righteous and all others are sinners; his ground of confidence is the mercy of God.

c. In fear of You I will worship: David's worship isn't based on his feelings, but on his reverence for a righteous, merciful God.

d. Make Your way straight before my face: This reflects David's constant reliance on God. He needs God to lead him and to make the way straight. David's contrast between the wicked and the godly is humble, and he knows it is only God's power and work in him that can keep him from the way of the wicked.

B. Description and destiny.

1. (Psa 5:9-10) The description and destiny of the wicked.

For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
    Their inward part is destruction;
    Their throat is an open tomb;
    They flatter with their tongue.
    Pronounce them guilty, O God!
    Let them fall by their own counsels;
    Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions,
    For they have rebelled against You.

a. There is no faithfulness in their mouth: David focuses on what the wicked say as evidence of their wickedness. David knew what Jesus said later in Matthew 12:34: Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Our righteousness or wickedness will sooner or later show up in our speech.

i. David felt the sting of wicked words and lies against him. Yet this prayer shows something good brought out of the attacks from the enemy. "Thus a man's enemies, while they oblige him to pray more fervently, and to watch more narrowly over his conduct, oftentimes become his best friends." (Horne)

b. They flatter with their tongue: "Always beware of people who flatter you, and especially when they tell you that they do not flatter you, and that they know you cannot endure flattery, for you are then being most fulsomely flattered, so be on your guard against the tongue of the flatterer." (Spurgeon)

c. Let them fall by their own counsels: David prays that the wicked will come to their deserved end. As rebels against God, they deserve the "guilty" sentence.

2. (Psa 5:11-12) The description and destiny of the righteous.

But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
    Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
    Let those also who love Your name
    Be joyful in You.
    For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;
    With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

a. Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You: The righteous aren't made righteous by their words. The righteousness are those who trust the LORD and love His name. But their righteousness is evident in their words. They rejoice, they shout for joy, and they are joyful in the LORD.

i. "A touch of enthusiasm would be the salvation of many a man's religion. Some Christians are good enough people: they are like wax candles, but they are not lighted. Oh, for a touch of flame! Then would they scatter light, and thus become of service to their families. 'Let them shout for joy.' Why not? Let not orderly folks object. One said to me the other day, 'When I hear you preach I feel as if I must have a shout!' My friend, shout if you feel forced to do so. (Here a hearer cried, 'Glory!') Our brother cries, 'Glory!' and I say so too. 'Glory!' The shouting need not always be done in a public service, or it might hinder devout hearing; but there are times and places where a glorious outburst of enthusiastic joy would quicken life in all around. The ungodly are not half so restrained in their blasphemy as we are in our praise." (Spurgeon)

b. But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You: This is a permit, a precept, a prayer, and a promise.

i. You have permission for joy. "You have here a ticket to the banquets of joy. You may be as happy as ever you like. You have divine permission to shout for joy." (Spurgeon)

ii. You have a precept, a command for joy: "Come, ye mournful ones, be glad. Ye discontented grumblers, come out of that dog-hole! Enter the palace of the King! Quit your dunghills; ascend your thrones." (Spurgeon)

iii. You should pray for joy, both in yourself and others - especially servants of the LORD. "If you lose your joy in your religion, you will be a poor worker: you cannot bear strong testimony, you cannot bear stern trial, you cannot lead a powerful life. In proportion as you maintain your joy, you will be strong in the Lord, and for the Lord." (Spurgeon)

iv. You have a promise for joy: "God promises joy and gladness to believers. Light is sown for them: the Lord will turn their night into day." (Spurgeon)

c. You, O Lord, will bless the righteous; with favor You will surround him: This is the greatest blessing of all - the favor of God. Knowing that God looks on us with favor and pleasure is the greatest knowledge in the world. This is our standing in grace.

i. A shield does not protect any one area of the body. It is large and mobile enough to cover any and every area of the body. It is armor over armor. This is how fully the favor of God, our standing in grace, protects us.

ii. When Martin Luther was on his way to face a Cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church to answer for what they said were his heretical teachings, one of the Cardinal's servants taunted him saying, "Where will you find shelter if your patron, the Elector of Saxony, should desert you?" Luther answered, "Under the shelter of heaven."

© 2006 David Guzik - No distribution beyond personal use without permission
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/comm..._psa/psa_5.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    The message contained within this article is part of the truth, but there is a whole lot of scripture missing from this individual write-up to treat it as a binding rule of interpretation. Romans 9:11-13 is a good verse to add to the equation to give a context as to the nature of how the sinner (everyone is one of these) becomes saved, though it obviously does not invalidate said verses.

A little something for lilymc, just because:

That is amusing, though I think Calvin would have been just as disappointed as I was at the graven image at the beginning. I'm surprised you didn't notice that
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Why "Whosoever" Must Be Accepted By God, First

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Why "Whosoever" Must Be Accepted By God, First
    Of Course He Chose us..

That is why He created us. and He Created Us,,knowing all we would be... and he did it anyway.

and He has His own Wisdom and it is perfect.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Of Course He Chose us..

That is why He created us. and He Created Us,,knowing all we would be... and he did it anyway.

and He has His own Wisdom and it is perfect.
    Who is the "us"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Who is the "us"?
    Well,, In fact all of us.

and all of the creation that it takes to support us.

or none would be.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

God owns all of our souls. Freewill is whether YOU choose God over Satan.

Hosea 6:6
    6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

All God wants is your LOVE and understanding of His word and He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Well,, In fact all of us.

and all of the creation that it takes to support us.

or none would be.
    No. That makes no sense when you read the text of the Bible.

Ephesians 1:4-6

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.
    Are all people holy and blameless in His sight? Are all people adopted as sons?

This is how you know that Arminianism is false. It doesn't make sense when you read the interpretation into the Biblical text. It is obvious that there is particularity, not universality in the Bible when it uses the word "us".

No. That makes no sense when you read the text of the Bible.

This is how you know that Arminianism is false.
    STFU
    No one said anything about Armins..

and nothing in your posted scripture disputes what I posted except in your twisted mind.

Now quit.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

STFU
    No one said anything about Armins..

and nothing in your posted scripture disputes what I posted except in your twisted mind.

Now quit.
    Twisted?

I'm asking you to bring your rational mind to bear on this verse. You said "us" means every single person.

Ephesians 1:4-6

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

Twisted?

I'm asking you to bring your rational mind to bear on this verse. You said "us" means every single person.

Whosoever will.

got a problem with that?

And because some will,, He created All the Universe and the Earth in it,, All to support our frail short lives.. so that some will.

For God so Loved.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    God owns all of our souls. Freewill is whether YOU choose God over Satan.
    And you either will or will not choose God according to his perfect plan. Some do. Others don't. And in neither case is there any divergence from what was foreordained by God who works all things after the counsel of his will.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    And you either will or will not choose God according to his perfect plan. Some do. Others don't. And in neither case is there any divergence from what was foreordained by God who works all things after the counsel of his will.
    And see,, that is been my point.

Both exist,, in harmony and in God's Good Plan.
    He knows the End from the Beginning,, and we must choose. Some have trouble and get unbalanced to one side of the equation or the other.

I find it easier to accept that God's Wisdom is greater than mine,, and try to find balance.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Whosoever will.

got a problem with that?

And because some will,, He created All the Universe and the Earth in it,, All to support our frail short lives.. so that some will.

For God so Loved.
    Yeah, the problem is that it doesn't fit the text of the Bible. That's a real problem.

The Bible is particular when it uses the word "us", but you say it's universal. That is a major, major problem.

And see,, that is been my point.

Both exist,, in harmony and in God's Good Plan.
    He knows the End from the Beginning,, and we must choose. Some have trouble and get unbalanced to one side of the equation or the other.

I find it easier to accept that God's Wisdom is greater than mine,, and try to find balance.
    That's not what SM just said. Read his post again.

The Bible is particular when it uses the word "us", but you say it's universal. That is a major, major problem.
    No.
    You are making something very simple into a Huuugeh problem.

I have no idea if the murderer next to me is the next to be saved. and I am not going to deliberately try to convince him otherwise.
    Nor accuse him of unbelief .

that is the role of the accuser.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No.
    You are making something very simple into a Huuugeh problem.

I have no idea if the murderer next to me is the next to be saved. and I am not going to deliberately try to convince him otherwise.
    Nor accuse him of unbelief .

that is the role of the accuser.
    Whats the huge problem? I'm not the one who is inserting a belief into the text that is not there.

The Bible is particular when it uses the word "us", but you are saying it is universal.

Only someone who stands with the accuser would misinterpret God's word.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast