Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump makes deal with Softbank; 50$ billion and 50k jobs into the US

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And that is "funny," why?
    Because people were talking about how much they knew about this, and how it was "for the elite" and a "rip off" and blah blah blah, and were calling it a bank. That is funny when people act like experts on a subject when they don't even know what the damn company is. That is hilarious!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Because people were talking about how much they knew about this, and how it was "for the elite" and a "rip off" and blah blah blah, and were calling it a bank. That is funny when people act like experts on a subject when they don't even know what the damn company is. That is hilarious!
    Ah, gotcha. I should have used quotation marks. The same as when I was referring to an "investment company." Mea culpa.

I think it is great. Hope more choose to "bank" on America by "investing."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    The question is; is this happening because of free market forces or is the federal government pick winners and losers? I'm happy if foreign investors want to invest in the US on a level playing field, but if Trump get this deal by creating barriers of entries against American entrepreneurs, his is doing this country a great disservice.
    I don't keep up with the mongo trade deals the US makes with other countries, but I believe the Trumpmeister when he says other countries have been kicking our ass for years - and China is probably top of the list. Sounds to me like Trump is maneuvering to say, "Yo China. The party's over."

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Another sweetheart deal for the billionaire class I'm sure... meanwhile another small business closes its doors because it still has to play by the rules.
    Any reasonable business owner would accept a tax break. You think just because you weren't offered a tax break that you're morally above those who are?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Any reasonable business owner would accept a tax break. You think just because you weren't offered a tax break that you're morally above those who are?
    The superior man compares what should be to what is, rather than what was to what is when passing judgment.

What was: we all were treated equally; the playing field was even albeit taxed/regulated.
    What should be: we all should be treated equally; but we should not be taxed/regulated.
    What is: we are not treated equally; the playing field is distorted and most of us are still taxed/regulated;
    while one privileged peer profits through state violence upon the rest of us.

If there is law to be respected it should at its onset be impartial and general.

Crony Capitalists expect special tax breaks and entitlements which inflate their market position above their peers.
    Crony Capitalists desire to have everyone around them regulated and taxed while they operate freely.
    Crony Capitalists seek a society where acts of violence are taken on their behalf, by the state, to stomp out competition.

Any reasonable honest business owner expects free markets undistorted by politics.

While I am first to stand with any man who rebels and refuses to pay taxes and submit to regulation in an act of revolution,
    I cannot stand with the man who selfishly and violently seeks to legitimize and legalize a state where everyone else pays tax and is regulated while he is personally unencumbered.
    Last edited by presence; 12-08-2016 at 08:41 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I don't keep up with the mongo trade deals the US makes with other countries, but I believe the Trumpmeister when he says other countries have been kicking our ass for years - and China is probably top of the list. Sounds to me like Trump is maneuvering to say, "Yo China. The party's over."
    You can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12