Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $120 restocking fee for item never delivered? Is that legal?

$120 restocking fee for item never delivered? Is that legal?

I order a futon from Amazon last month. I noticed an email saying I needed to contact FedEx to schedule the delivery. When I called FedEx they said it's too late the item was sent back. Ok, no problem I thought, I'll just get another futon from somewhere else until I noticed that they only refunded me $240, they left out $120 for a restocking fee! What a bunch of crap! Is that legal? I never even received the product. Unfortunately it was a 3rd party vendor, not Amazon, that sold the futon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you contacted the third party vendor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

LOL, just tell Amazon, the produce wasn't acceptable and you sent it back, and they should refund your money.

restocking fee policy via amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201726140

It probably cost the company no less than $120 for shipping and return shipping.
    Last edited by presence; 12-06-2016 at 03:31 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

That fine print though
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I would declare war . Once you lift the first scalp the remainder of the bottom feeders usually fall in line .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    restocking fee policy via amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201726140

It probably cost the company no less than $120 for shipping and return shipping.
    I understand that but in this case I never received the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Have you contacted the third party vendor?
    Yes, although only thru email. I contacted Amazon and they called the vendor while I was on the line. I'm about to call them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    LOL, just tell Amazon, the produce wasn't acceptable and you sent it back, and they should refund your money.
    They did minus $120.

I rarely use Amazon or Fed Ex. I had no idea they would do that .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I didn't get a door tag since I didn't schedule a delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I prefer buying stuff locally but I live in a fairly small town so many times I have to order. Futons are tough to find here (Huntsville, AL).

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I didn't get a door tag since I didn't schedule a delivery.
    Did you track it?

Suspect, when its an item that requires 2 man move; over certain size; its called "Freight" ala futon.
    Fedex has all kinds of different "freight" options, but probably won't drop something like that without appointment because its on a different truck with 2 men.
    Then if sits in warehouse too long; return to sender.

If it were me I'd look to negotiate for reduced surcharge in exchange for renewing the order.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Suspect, when its an item that requires 2 man move; over certain size; its called "Freight" ala futon.
    Fedex has all kinds of different "freight" options, but probably won't drop something like that without appointment because its on a different truck with 2 men.
    Then if sits in warehouse too long; return to sender.

If it were me I'd look to negotiate for reduced surcharge in exchange for renewing the order.
    Yes, I think something like that happened. The vendor said they can either reship it the same way and require a signature, or if I wait a couple of weeks they can ship it ground and it won't require a signature. I may still be able to do that but it's already been over a month and I'm getting irritated. Plus how do I know they won't slap another charge on me?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you track it?
    Yes, the funny part is that the tracking showed it getting delivered. That's another annoying thing to this. When I called FedEx, it wasn't like someone just picked up the phone and said "hello, may I help you?" It took a half hour to get thru to the right department. Sometimes I feel like this stuff is designed for people with no job and no life.

Plus how do I know they won't slap another charge on me?
    Get it all in writing.

Yes, the funny part is that the tracking showed it getting delivered. That's another annoying thing to this. When I called FedEx, it wasn't like someone just picked up the phone and said "hello, may I help you?" It took a half hour to get thru to the right department.
    Welcome to 2016.

Amazon is starting to ban people from purchasing from their site if they return too many things. Off topic but something I'd recently read about.

Welcome to 2016.
    I never should've gotten rid of my truck!

I had something similar happen with a camera. I repurchased the camera and they waived the restocking fee. FedEx said I declined the camera - which wasn't true, I never got the damn thing.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I had something similar happen with a camera. I repurchased the camera and they waived the restocking fee. FedEx said I declined the camera - which wasn't true, I never got the damn thing.
    I have heard of that before , them saying something was declined that was never delivered.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Amazon is starting to ban people from purchasing from their site if they return too many things. Off topic but something I'd recently read about.
    I rarely return anything , but that in itself would be a turnoff .
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, the funny part is that the tracking showed it getting delivered. That's another annoying thing to this. When I called FedEx, it wasn't like someone just picked up the phone and said "hello, may I help you?" It took a half hour to get thru to the right department. Sometimes I feel like this stuff is designed for people with no job and no life.
    I have run into tracking number saying it is delivered to me with the Post Office and then it showing up the next day . I figured it was my mail lady scanning it while delivering the day before and just not getting it in there until the next day .Last time it was something worth more than 50 bucks too , so I was pretty happy to see it the next day.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Walmart does that.

Walmart does that.
    Suzanimal has been banned from walmart.
    Do something Danke

Suzanimal has been banned from walmart.
    Not my finest hour.

Not my finest hour.
    I am only in there about once a year , but if walmart or amazon banned me I would just ban them
    Do something Danke

I ordered Mr Animal some blue shoelaces from Amazon for Christmas today. He's gonna be so surprised. He doesn't think I listen to him but the other day he commented that he thinks his new sneakers would look nice with some blue shoelaces. I pretended not to hear him and just prattled on about my stuff but I was listening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast