Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any favorite Christmas carols ?

My favorite Christmas special. Hermey is my favorite character.

I also liked Frosty. I wanted that magic hat for my giant Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like the way this young group do Carol of the Bells. This video is how I discovered them and they do some great stuff.

What I really love about Christmas is it's all about love and redemption. It's truly a joyous time!!

BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another good one.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Anybody else think it was weird that Kris Kringle was a skinny ginger when he was a young man? I didn't buy it.

Anybody else think Ave Maria was boring or am I the only catholic who dreads it at midnight Mass? My mom gets mad at me for saying I don't like it - like it's some sort of mortal sin.

Not a Traditional Carol

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I bet you picked up that one.
    Yes I did , my youngest Grand daughter can sing along too . They learn lots of neat stuff with Grandpa.
    Do something Danke

Anybody else think Ave Maria was boring or am I the only catholic who dreads it at midnight Mass? My mom gets mad at me for saying I don't like it - like it's some sort of mortal sin.

If I was in charge you would get some Siberian Orchestra instead.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I like the way this young group do Carol of the Bells.
    I hated it. lol.... !
    It wasn't nearly frantic enough. Carol of the Bells is supposed to sound somewhat frantic.

Bah Humbug.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If I was in charge you would get some Siberian Orchestra instead.
    It's gotta be better than that old lady screeching Ave Maria at me in the middle of the night when I should be at home laying in wait for Santa Claus. And after Mass, everyone goes around talking about how great it was. I learned not to say anything about it at a young age (I got pinched once). I just smile and nod when people say how great it is - if they're really gushing, I say, MMmmm....that's also what I do when people serve me food don't like and make me taste it in front of them.

True confession.

When I was a young wife and mother, I went through a phase where I wanted to fit in and told people I liked Ave Maria. I stood there and lied in church with a straight face. That's just sad.

Five Pound Box of Money

Silver and Gold .
    Make sure it comes in at least a 5 lb box.

Pearl Baily - Five Pound Box of Money - Christmas

Hey, Santa Claus, you want to make me happy this year?
    Listen to me, honey.
    Give Pearl som'n' that'll be of some use to me,
    Like a—like a five-pound box o' money...

Another good one.
    Ever since I was a kid, right up until now, people kid me that I look and act like Heat Miser.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-08-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Of all traditional carols, this is my favorite:

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

That's a good one. I don't hear it very often.

My favorite traditional carol is...

Jan2017

. . .
    I like it actually . . . of course I like a lot of holiday songs regardless . . .

Last edited by Jan2017; 12-08-2016 at 02:45 PM.

I love it when it's done properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

--Albert J. Nock

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My favorite Christmas special. Hermey is my favorite character.

I also liked Frosty. I wanted that magic hat for my giant Barbie.

I have a magic hat . I am just lucky like that.
    Do something Danke

Father Christmas , the Kinks
    I will see your kinks and raise you Greg Lake

Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I have a magic hat . I am just lucky like that.
    No, Mrs Oyarde is the lucky one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast