Thread: Mises Events

Mises Events

https://mises.org/events

Has anybody here attended one, or plan to attend one in the future?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    https://mises.org/events

Has anybody here attended one, or plan to attend one in the future?
    Yes and yes. They're a lot of fun and when I've gone, not only are there tons of freebies (and doughnuts), but the speakers stand around and chat with you during breaks. They were all very nice and answered all my dumb questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

What city was the one you attended in?

What city was the one you attended in?
    Auburn, Al

We take the boys for the High School seminar. They were 12 & 13 the first time they went and I was surprised at how engaged they were. I was worried they would be bored but they loved it and look forward to it every year. My youngest got in the car and asked if it was time to start sharpening the pitchforks when we got home, lol.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

damn that's awesome

Well. Some of those scholar conferences are no joke.

damn that's awesome
    We enjoy it. My kids were the youngest ones there by a long shot - most were college students but everything was well explained and my kids got a lot out of it. Their favorite speaker was Mark Thornton.

We were at this recording. I didn't get in the video, though. If I had noticed the cameras, I would've sat closer to the front and waved.