Thread: New Stores with no Checkout Lines: Just Walk Out

New Stores with no Checkout Lines: Just Walk Out

Amazon is Introducing New Stores with No Lines, No Checkout at All
    Just Take What You Want and Walk Out

What is Amazon Go?
    Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required. We created the world’s most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line. With our Just Walk Out Shopping experience, simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products you want, and go! No lines, no checkout. (No, seriously.)

How does Amazon Go work?
    Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by the same types of technologies used in self-driving cars: computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning. Our Just Walk Out technology automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt.

How big is the store?
    Our roughly 1,800 square feet of retail space is conveniently compact so busy customers can get in and out fast.

What do I need to get started?
    All you need is an Amazon account, a supported smartphone, and the free Amazon Go app.

Why did you build Amazon Go?
    Four years ago we asked ourselves: what if we could create a shopping experience with no lines and no checkout? Could we push the boundaries of computer vision and machine learning to create a store where customers could simply take what they want and go? Our answer to those questions is Amazon Go and Just Walk Out Shopping.

So I can just shop normally?
    Yes! Just browse and shop like you would at any other store. Then you’re on your way. No lines, no checkout.

What can I buy at Amazon Go?
    We offer delicious ready-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options made fresh every day by our on-site chefs and favorite local kitchens and bakeries. Our selection of grocery essentials ranges from staples like bread and milk to artisan cheeses and locally made chocolates. You’ll find well-known brands we love, plus special finds we’re excited to introduce to customers. For a quick home-cooked dinner, pick up one of our chef-designed Amazon Meal Kits, with all the ingredients you need to make a meal for two in about 30 minutes.

Where is Amazon Go located?
    Our store is located at 2131 7th Ave, Seattle, WA, on the corner of 7th Avenue and Blanchard Street.

When can I visit Amazon Go?
    Amazon Go is currently open to Amazon employees in our Beta program, and will open to the public in early 2017. Click below to get notified when we open.

-- https://www.amazon.com/b?node=16008589011#

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will my EBT cards work there?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt.
    What if Danke's credit card is declined?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Will my EBT cards work there?
    Amazon is Open and Inclusive. We believe that all human beings deserve Free and Equal service and will never deny that Right and Dignity to anyone, regardless of rage, rational origin, textual orientation, glucose level, payment method, or ability to pay.

Please feel Safe here.

For now, Amazon is starting slow. The first store is only open to Amazon employees and will not be an option for the general public until early next year.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/05/tech...azon-go-store/

If you don't want something, you have to put it back where it was or you get charged for it. Only allowed in if you have the app on your phone.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-05-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Just another cobblestone on the road to the new world that will no longer need us.

When you buy alcohol, cigarettes, condoms, tampons, (women's undies in the case of AF, or foot long ribbed dildos by HB) etc, all recorded...
    Last edited by Danke; 12-05-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When you buy alcohol, cigarettes, condoms, tampons, (women's undies in the case of AF, or foot long ribbed dildos by HB) etc, all recorded...
    The owner of Jenny number in most any area code probably buys most of the booze.

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Lemmie guess......

These will be tried first in 'low income' neighborhoods?

How do they intend to keep the unfunded out?

I hear a GIANT Sucking Sound...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

San Francisco style No checkout lanes at Apples Stores:

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/05/tech...azon-go-store/

If you don't want something, you have to put it back where it was or you get charged for it. Only allowed in if you have the app on your phone.
    Oh, $#@!. I never do that. I fancy myself a job creator when I leave crap all over the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.