Thread: Tarriffs: It's what's for Dinner.

Tarriffs: It's what's for Dinner.

It's about as anti-global as you can get. (from the bottom...)

It's going to spread around the globe... trade wars.
    Until it swings back to the sensible middle.

This is the question he's forcing:
    "So."
    "WHERE do you want to manufacture... because THAT'S where you're (also) going to sell your shiit."

aka: What happens in China... will stay in China.
    Walmart shelves may get a little empty for awhile.

He's completely turning the global internationalist construct on its head.

He's forcing 'America First'...
    or get out... and don't 'pretend' you're 'one of us'.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The president is such a bad ass.

Twittering? Like, he's really one of us!
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    It's about as anti-global as you can get. (from the bottom...)

It's going to spread around the globe... trade wars.
    Until it swings back to the sensible middle.

This is the question he's forcing:
    "So."
    "WHERE do you want to manufacture... because THAT'S where you're (also) going to sell your shiit."

aka: What happens in China... will stay in China.
    Walmart shelves may get a little empty for awhile.

He's completely turning the global internationalist construct on its head.

He's forcing 'America First'...
    or get out... and don't 'pretend' you're 'one of us'.
    I don't belive him. He's playing multi universe 23 d&d. This is just another gimmick. Just wait, when he signs the next trade agreement, selling out this country, he will say this was just a business tactic to get them to offer something in return, because, that's what he does. Quite frankly, I'm not really sure why anyone believes anything coming out of this clowns mouth.

Tariffs raise prices and cause trade wars which cost jobs. It won't be good for Americans.

Tariffs are just as anti-American as they are anti-global.

But it's okay, government is allowed to make decisions for Americans and influence their purchasing decisions so long as it's Republican Government doing so.

Democratic government threatens to put tax on soda = so bad it's a topic for convention speeches

Republican government threatens to put tax on virtually everything = America is great again
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I really hope he's lying about this, or at least someone with some kind of economic sense can stop him. Cheap imports are the only thing keeping people from starving to death after decades of being fleeced by the ruling class. Not only will the tariffs drive up the cost of most products by the amount of the tariff, but the dollars that we were sending overseas will stay here and fuel even further price inflation. After laying waste to the peasant class for four years, a "free market" advocate will never again win the presidency.

Justin does not seem impressed.

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...09098876928000

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...26315810504704
    Last edited by CPUd; 12-05-2016 at 03:01 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Just another knock against incorporating a business in the US. Now the businessman has to ask himself, will I ever wish to move production out of the US? and, will I want to sell my product on the US market?. If so, they may wish to incorporate the business outside of the US to begin with. If that is the extent of his tariff policy though then at least it isn't as bad as it could be.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.