Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Progressive Rock Fans Out There?

Any Progressive Rock Fans Out There?

I've been getting into the new Animals As Leaders album. Crazy time signatures and crazy instrumentation. Great to exercise to. Check it out at the 2:24 mark...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Progressive rock is Emerson Lake and Palmer right?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Some. Mostly earlier. Tull, Floyd, King Crimson, Yes. This doesn't really speak to me. Then again I'm only listening on my laptop which is $#@!ty-tinny.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Eric Burdon and the Animals.
    Do something Danke

I tried ELP but they just jerk off wih their instruments. They are more concerned with being complicated than with sounding good.
    I like Yes much better.

Haven't heard Animals as Leaders before... will have it on during my busy work tomorrow. Thanks for the tip, SF!
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I've been getting into the new Animals As Leaders album. Crazy time signatures and crazy instrumentation. Great to exercise to. Check it out at the 2:24 mark...

I approve these shenannigans. The time sigs are standard, though. It's the rhythms in the drums and bass that makes it sound more complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

King Crimson is classic and epic Prog:
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    King Crimson is classic and epic Prog:
    Yup.

If I were to be honest, progressive rock is probably third after God and my family. AaL guitarist Tosin Abasi is one of the few true modern guitar heroes worthy of the term.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    If I were to be honest, progressive rock is probably third after God and my family. AaL guitarist Tosin Abasi is one of the few true modern guitar heroes worthy of the term.
    Agree! He's one of the best today!

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    *thumbsup* I've never heard of him till now-and googled-I agree with you. Terrible shame technical skill like that doesn't become popular except in prog/shred fanboy circles.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I tried ELP but they just jerk off wih their instruments. They are more concerned with being complicated than with sounding good.
    I like Yes much better.

Haven't heard Animals as Leaders before... will have it on during my busy work tomorrow. Thanks for the tip, SF!
    I lost a car at a Yes concert once .
    Do something Danke

I tried ELP but they just jerk off wih their instruments.
    Read Keith Emerson (RIP)'s autobiography. They went much farther than that.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

I know there are haters out there, but I'm a Rush fanboy. One of the best trios in any genre and many of their songs have libertarian themes.

Prog fans appreciate Yes.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I know there are haters out there, but I'm a Rush fanboy. One of the best trios in any genre and many of their songs have libertarian themes.

Yep. They say it usually starts with Ayn Rand. Actually, Neil Peart might be more accurate.

"I know they always told you selfishness was wrong/Yet it was for me not you I came to write this song"

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In and around the lake
    Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there
    Twenty four before my love and I'll be there
    Last edited by libertyjam; 12-04-2016 at 08:59 PM.

I like Yes much better.

Considering ELP understood their genre 1000x more than (mod edit)
    Last edited by libertyjam; 12-04-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Considering ELP understood their genre 1000x more than (mod edit)
    Harsh bro!

Harsh bro!
    So, don't ask me no questions
    And I won't tell you no lies
    So, don't ask me about my business
    And I won't tell you goodbye

I said don't ask no stupid questions and I won't send you away
    If you want to talk fishin, well I guess that'll be OK

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    For shame!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For shame!
    Hahahaha.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

This is also progressive:

These guys have mad progressive skilz

Eh. I'm more of an AOR listener. I prefer the foreign, non-Americanized stuff.

Some insane progression going on here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast