Thread: Feds show no 'Love' for New York roadway signs

Feds show no 'Love' for New York roadway signs

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — The Federal Highway Administration isn't showing any "Love" for some tourism signs along New York highways.

Officials with the FHA and the New York state Department of Transportation will meet next month to discuss the removal of more than 500 "I Love NY" signs from state roadways.

Highway Administrator Gregory Nadeau will meet with DOT Commissioner Matt Driscoll at the FHA's Washington office sometime in December to formulate a plan for taking down the signs.

The FHA has threatened to cut nearly $1 billion in federal funding to the state if the signs aren't removed.

State officials have long contended that the signs help promote tourism and provide valuable information about New York's attractions.

FHA officials say the signs don't conform to federal standards and are dangerous because they contain so much information that drivers can become distracted.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/feds-show...113109158.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Muh roads.
    Muh road signs.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I was in New York in October and there were wine trail signs all over the place. I have to admit, I was distracted.

I wasn't driving, though. Mr Animal doesn't let me drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    FHA officials say the signs don't conform to federal standards and are dangerous because they contain so much information that drivers can become distracted.
    But yet MA has a $#@!load of electronic signs all over the roads, barking orders at you as your diving by. And they don't even spell it right. But that's not a distraction.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/massachu...linkah/8201075

Muh federal standards.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

How about banning children from cars

Kids In Cars 12 Times More Distracting For Drivers Than Talking On Cell Phones

http://www.medicaldaily.com/kids-car...-phones-263995

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Muh federal standards.
    Muh fetid dingo's kidney.

That cracked me up but I couldn't rep ya.

Muh fetid dingo's kidney.

That cracked me up but I couldn't rep ya.
    I cannot tell a lie - Douglas Adams plagiarized that phrase from me ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-03-2016 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I cannot tell a lie - Douglas Adams plagiarized that phrase from me ...
    Ya filthy plagiarizer!

I was the inspiration for Eccentrica Gallumbits.

Last edited by Suzanimal; 12-04-2016 at 01:16 PM. Reason: :toady:

Clearly , NY should receive no Federal funding . This is why I should be in charge . Otherwise , america cannot be Great again.
    Do something Danke

Originally Posted by Origanalist
    Muh roads.

Muh road signs.
    Muh federal funding.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG
    http://i.imgur.com/HzBNVT2.gif[/IMG]
    Shouldn't she be wearing a muzzle, or was this taken just after being loosed for the hunt?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

. Mr Animal doesn't let me drive.
    Smart man.