Thread: NFL player suspended 10 games for using marijuana to treat Chrohn's disease

NFL player suspended 10 games for using marijuana to treat Chrohn's disease

The NFL Is Punishing A Player Who Uses Marijuana To Treat His Crohn’s Disease
    If he gets caught again, Seantrel Henderson will be banned for life.

Maxwell Strachan
    11/30/2016

For the second time this season, Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson has been suspended by the NFL for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy, the team announced on Tuesday.

Because it is his second violation this year, Henderson must deal with a 10-game suspension without pay, after already sitting through a four-game suspension earlier this season. Should be fail one more drug test, he will be banned from the league for life, barring a successful attempt at reinstatement down the line.

But Henderson’s story is not a typical one. In the middle of last season, the 24-year-old learned he had Crohn’s disease, defined by the Mayo Clinic as “an inflammatory bowel disease ... [that] causes inflammation of the lining of your digestive tract.” Crohn’s disease can cause “abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss and malnutrition,” and while there is no known cure for it, one thing in particular can help ease the pain, according to medial studies: weed.

“I’ve got doctors telling me this is the No. 1 medicine that would help your disease,” Henderson said in October, according to The Buffalo News. “You try to tell that to the league and it seems like they didn’t care too much.”

Henderson has had multiple surgeries since the discovery of his disease. Once he had two-and-a-half feet of his colon removed; another time surgeons had to reattach his intestines, according to Yahoo. In the intervening months, he had to wear an ileostomy bag while he dropped approximately 50 lbs.

read more:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b017f37fe20c1c

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My nephew's girlfriend has Crohn's and she says weed is the only thing that helps her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

“I’ve got doctors telling me this is the No. 1 medicine that would help your disease,” Henderson said in October, according to The Buffalo News. “You try to tell that to the league and it seems like they didn’t care too much.”

Must be a crappy Doctor, if he doesn't know that Marijuana is a Schedule I drug, which by definition has no known medical use.

"Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. For example, Heroin and Marijuana."
    Last edited by TheTexan; 12-02-2016 at 03:56 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My nephew's girlfriend has Crohn's and she says weed is the only thing that helps her.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your nephew's girlfriend finds the help she needs, to recover from her addiction of this dangerous substance.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your nephew's girlfriend finds the help she needs, to recover from her addiction of this dangerous substance.

She seems happy all the time, I don't think she's interested in giving up her vice.

She's also vegetarian. They're getting married next summer in a field (hippies) and I told them I would bring my bongos for the drum circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

She seems happy all the time, I don't think she's interested in giving up her vice.

She's also vegetarian. They're getting married next summer in a field (hippies) and I told them I would bring my bongos for the drum circle.
    Damn hippies.
    - Kim Kardashian

//
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I have a relative with Crohn's so advanced that his only treatment options are medical marijuana or a prescription drug with the side effect that it could possibly cause fast acting 100% fatal cancer. This is what I have to say to the DEA.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Steve Kerr says he used marijuana for back pain, hopes leagues soften stance

Chris Haynes
    12/2/16

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr said on a CSN Bay Area podcast published Friday that he used marijuana for back pain he experienced the past two years.

"I guess maybe I could even get in some trouble for this, but I've actually tried [marijuana] twice during the last year and a half when I've been going through this pain, this chronic pain that I've been dealing with," Kerr told host Monte Poole.

"A lot of research, a lot of advice from people, and I have no idea if I would -- maybe I would have failed a drug test. I don't even know if I'm subject to a drug test or any laws from the NBA, but I tried it, and it didn't help at all. But it was worth it, because I'm searching for answers on pain. But I've tried painkillers and drugs of other kinds, as well, and those have been worse. It's tricky."

Kerr underwent two back surgeries last year, causing him to miss nearly the first half of the 2015-16 campaign, and complications caused him continuing discomfort.

The reigning NBA coach of the year went on to say in the podcast that he hopes professional sports league soften their stances on marijuana use, believing it is a better alternative to what players are being handed for pain today.

"I would hope so, and I'm not a pot person. It doesn't agree with me. I tried it a few times, and it did not agree with me at all. So I'm not the expert on this stuff. But I do know this: If you're an NFL player, in particular, and you got lot of pain, I don't think there's any question that pot is better for your body than Vicodin," Kerr, 51, said. "And yet, athletes everywhere are prescribed Vicodin like it's Vitamin C, like it's no big deal. And there's like this perception in our country that over-the-counter drugs are fine but pot is bad. Now, I think that's changing.

read more
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-soften-stance

Pat Tillman didn't die so that a bunch of pot smokin' hippies could sully the great American game of classy and upright NFLfootball.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Two first-round draft prospects for the 2015 season have already had trouble with marijuana. After former Nebraska player Randy Gregory failed a drug test and former Missouri player Shane Ray was cited for possession, Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report discussed marijuana with an NFL general manager, who estimated that around 30 percent of players in the league use marijuana

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/USA-Update/2015/0429/How-many-NFL-players-use-marijuana-video
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I know someone in the same situation who says the same.
    "I am a bird"

Not chrohn, but this Parkinsons result is astonishing
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq