Thread: A Manhattan man grabbed a $1.6 million bucket of gold and ran for it.

A Manhattan man grabbed a $1.6 million bucket of gold and ran for it.

Phil had to live that day over and over until he got the timing right.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...robbery-video/

Call it the Great Truck Robbery. Bucketgate. The Gold Flake Dash. Goldghazi. A man happened upon an armored truck sitting unattended with its back door wide open in midtown Manhattan and decided to take a look inside. In a flash, he made off with an 86-pound bucket of gold worth $1.6 million. He scurried down the street with it and escaped the scene. The NYPD is still searching for him, which explains why they released this surveillance video of the incident today in an attempt to track him down:

According to police, the man came across the truck—operated by Loomis International, a valuables transport company whose stock certainly is not up today—near 48th street and Sixth Avenue. He snagged the five-gallon bucket of gold flakes destined for Ontario, Canada, and wheeled down Sixth Avenue into gold-flecked mystery. The suspect is 5'6", approximately 150 pounds, and in his 50s. His arms are probably sore.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thief Steals Bucket Of Gold Flakes Worth 1.6 Million

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...D=ansmsnnews11

Armored car driver leaves a bucket of gold flakes on the back bumper while he goes to the cab to grab his cell phone. Random guy walking down the street in Midtown grabs the bucket. Lugs it to his van, taking an hour to complete what is normally a 10 minute walk.

Police believe he fled to Florida.

Heh. So what would gold flakes be used for / obtained from?

Video and pics at link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...D=ansmsnnews11

Video here as well: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/ny...th-street.html
    Last edited by angelatc; 11-30-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Dammit. That's what happens when I try to post while working. It takes me 30 minutes to get the post done between customers and then i don't think to check again. Murphy's Law also says those will be the only customers we have all day.

I'll flag to delete.

PMs can do that to a fella.

dude is on a plane to a private island in the Caribbean.

wait..........

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...D=ansmsnnews11

Armored car driver leaves a bucket of gold flakes on the back bumper while he goes to the cab to grab his cell phone. Random guy walking down the street in Midtown grabs the bucket. Lugs it to his van, taking an hour to complete what is normally a 10 minute walk.

Police believe he fled to Florida.

Heh. So what would gold flakes be used for / obtained from?

Video and pics at link: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...D=ansmsnnews11

Video here as well: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/ny...th-street.html
    If it is gold dust it was mined that way , if it was flake probably jewelers scrap .On the way to a refinery I imagine . I can usually get more than spot for nice natural nuggets because people make jewelry out of them . In my home stream though there are no nuggets just dust .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/atq/5899668391.html

I have this bucket of gold flakes that I acquired via completely legitimate means whilst strolling downtown the other day. Only problem is 7-11 won't accept them, they don't fit in the chip reader at Target, and my landlord said I'm a bucket short of next month's rent. I've tried to use some of them for arts and craft projects but I'm just NOT CREATIVE ENOUGH!!! You know what they say -- an 86 pound Bucket of Gold Flakes that's given to an honest man in a very legal transaction can't buy artistic talent. Even though these flakes are practically unusable as currency, I'm begging you to buy them off me because I'm tired of having to hide the bucket of gold flakes from my friends and family, who all believe I'm an honest man. Because I am an honest man. These were obtained legally.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    PMs can do that to a fella.
    To a fella?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Goldshlager all around!

Was Oyarde in NY this week?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I am taller and have better hair . I am also strong enough to run with that bucket . It has though come to my attention though that there are squatters up state there on some of my land so I sent NY a tax bill . I cannot be bothered with going that far East .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-30-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am taller and have better hair . I am also strong enough to run with that bucket . It has though come to my attention though that there are squatters up state there on some of my land so I sent NY a tax bill . I cannot be bothered with going that far East .
    That's exactly how I would have responded to such an accusation. nudge, nudge, , .

Lugs it to his van, taking an hour to complete what is normally a 10 minute walk.
    And they didn't catch him? O_o WTF? LOL, finder keepers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Right now, I'd be a lot more focused on the guards who left an armored vehicle full of precious metals with the back wide open unattended on a busy NY street. I'm really curious to know how someone can be so criminally stupid. This guy was doing the world a favor by showing what happens when you are this stupid.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was there a rainbow?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Right now, I'd be a lot more focused on the guards who left an armored vehicle full of precious metals with the back wide open unattended on a busy NY street. I'm really curious to know how someone can be so criminally stupid. This guy was doing the world a favor by showing what happens when you are this stupid.
    I have a friend who is a professional Jeweler. The security where he works is so strict that he has to have a pair of shoes that he stores at work which he has to change into everyday like mr. Rogers.
    His company has a warehouse in Louisiana. He told me that during Katrina, that facility never lost power and was never unmanned.
    In short, knowing what I know about how one family business treats their precious metals security, I would be surprised if the driver is actually not a suspect.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I have a friend who is a professional Jeweler. The security where he works is so strict that he has to have a pair of shoes that he stores at work which he has to change into everyday like mr. Rogers.
    His company has a warehouse in Louisiana. He told me that during Katrina, that facility never lost power and was never unmanned.
    In short, knowing what I know about how one family business treats their precious metals security, I would be surprised if the driver is actually not a suspect.
    Haha, I have to do that anyway. It's the Chinese custom to change your shoes (or wear bags over them) when entering a building, so it doesn't seem strange to me.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Man Who Stole $1.6 Million Bucket Full Of Gold In Midtown Manhattan Has Been Identified
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...een-identified

Overnight the police not only identified the man, but according to their latest speculation, the gold thief has moved on from Florida, and is now to be found as far away from NY as possible.

On Tuesday, NYPD identified the man as Julio Nivelo. He is now believed to be in Los Angeles. NYPD Det. Martin Pastor says Nivelo, 53, is a convicted felon who's known to the NYPD as Luis Toledo, among other aliases. He's a career thief who's been arrested seven times and deported four times to his native Ecuador, according to Pastor.

Nivelo, a native of Ecuador, fled to Orlando, Fla., before heading to California, WNBC reported on Tuesday night. Mr. Nivelo, who was living in West New York, N.J., at the time of the theft, had previously been arrested seven times and deported four times, the station reported.
    [...]
    The police released several photos of Mr. Nivelo. Nivelo was a man about town before the heist, it appears: photos show him posing at Washington Square Park and with a figure of the pope at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.

Loomis has offered a $100,000 reward for information leading to his arrest and conviction, police sources said.

Below is the NYPD post seeking the public's help in finding Nivelo... and the $1.6 million in gold that is supposedly in his vicinity.
    --Albert J. Nock

Luis Toledo , LOL , I met him in Ecuador .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Do not think I did not notice that you disappeared when the russian ambassador got shot .
    Do something Danke

I actually know people in America who can help smuggle this man to Ecuador, but I want half of those Corn Flakes in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

BFD... Its not like its money or anything.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was not me.

but may God forgive me,, I did grin.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

They deported this guy about a half a dozen times . Guess he will be self deporting this time .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    They deported this guy about a half a dozen times . Guess he will be self deporting this time .
    beyond LOL
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom