Thread: Is Glyphosate — Think Roundup® — On Your Dinner Plate?

Is Glyphosate — Think Roundup® — On Your Dinner Plate?

Is Glyphosate — Think Roundup® — On Your Dinner Plate?

By Catherine J. Frompovich

As we sit down to eat dinner, do we ever think of what’s in our food besides vitamins, minerals, enzymes, protein, roughage and calories? Very few of us, I’d imagine, are aware of the fact that more than we know, not only lurks in most of the food chain, but also in us who eat food. It’s almost as if some ‘beastie’ from the great dark foreboding beyond contaminated just about everything we eat resulting from ‘altruistic’ corporate interests disguised as supposedly saving humankind from starvation by increasing crop output. That ‘beastie’ is genetically modified ‘phood’.

The supposed magic ‘elixir’ in genetically modified food agriculture is a Class 2A carcinogen [1], glyphosate. That ‘genie in the bottle’ is marketed under various trade names, but more commonly known as Monsanto’s Roundup®, including crop seeds called “Roundup-Ready®.”

Roundup Ready Crops (RR Crops) are genetically engineered crops that have had their DNA altered to allow them to withstand the herbicide glyphosate (the active ingredient of Monsanto‘s herbicide Roundup). [2]

There are three ways to GMO crops: Transgenic, Cisgenic and Intragenesis. A transgene is a gene that comes from a non-crossable species (e.g., fish gene spliced into a tomato—something that can’t happen in Nature) or it can be a synthetic gene! Cisgenesis involves splicing genes from the same species or a ‘close relative organism’. Intragenesis is the transfer of genes between crossable species; intragenes are hybrid genes. [3]

Photo courtesy of datuopinion.com. Graphic Source

Monsanto’s genetic modification makes crops glyphosate-resistant to the point where farmers must use Roundup® with Roundup Ready® seeds by signed legal agreements! That allows farmer to inordinately spray with glyphosate; those crops do not die, but weeds die off or become “super weeds.” Super weeds are a growing problem in USA agriculture.

However, earlier in November of 2016, the U.S. EPA approved Monsanto’s ‘less volatile’ dicamba-based herbicide XtendiMax with VaporGrip Technology [4]. This article needs to be read in order to understand what’s really involved in all the toxins now being allowed to be sprayed legally onto growing crops and, consequently, becoming unwelcome toxic constituents in food, which can cause all sorts of digestive, gastrointestinal and microbiome problems when ingested by humans and animals.

Read more: http://www.activistpost.com/2016/11/...ner-plate.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    a. less toxic than vinegar

b. converted to time, it's 1 second every 32 years.

one of the things I recently realized was full of roundup is wild game unfortunately

in my area hunting is big business... local city people own seasonal hunting cabins and most of them contract with local farmers to plant "food plots"

its illegal to "bait" deer... but you can plant a field of oats, turnips, etc specifically for deer attractant.

one of my neighbors contracted and planted 150 "food plots" parcels ranging from 1 to 5 acres in our valley this past year

process = ATV pulling trailer over overgrown pasture that sprays glyphosate and plants seeds in a single pass

its a pretty intensive spraying because you're usually putting down 3-4 foot tall overgrown land with weed killer to convert pasture thats been "let go" to an instant field of "food"

the cost is about $400/acre for the process

probably no less than a square mile of our valley got sprayed/seeded by this method this year by just this one contract farmer

result = instead of clean deer eating acorns in the hillside we have "wild" meat tainted with chemicals and gmo's

Whitetail Institute: To Roundup or Not to Roundup That is the Question

whitetailinstitute.blogspot.com/2012/05/to-roundup-or-not-to-roundup-that-is.html

No doubt about it, the world of food plots has evolved tremendously. Gone are the days of people asking what a food plot is. Also gone is the question of whether ...

Winning the War on Food Plot Weeds - Grand View Outdoors

www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-game.../winning-the-war-on-food-plot-weeds/

No deer hunter likes weeds in a food plot, but they're an inevitable part of ... “I prefer to spray with a non-selective herbicide such as glysophate before I plant.

Early Season Herbicide Tips for Food Plot Preparation - Deer & Deer ...

www.deeranddeerhunting.com/.../early-season-herbicide-tips-food-plot-preparation

Mar 9, 2015 - Get the most from your food plot this season by battling weeds that fight for space and food with the plants deer love most.

Win The Food Plot Weed Wars - Buckmasters

www.buckmasters.com/Hunting/Land.../Articles/.../Win-The-Food-Plot-Weed-Wars

Winning the Weed Wars in Your Food Plots. ... Okay, then why are you standing here now and looking at an ugly patch of weeds choking out your deer plot? This is .... In April, spray glyphosate, wait two weeks and no-till drill grain sorghum (5 ...

Whitetail Hunting: How to Keep Weeds Out of Your Fall Food Plots ...

www.outdoorlife.com/.../whitetail-hunting-how-keep-weeds-out-your-fall-food-plots

Jul 16, 2013 - And believe it or not, you need to start preparing fall food plots now. ... Weeds crowd out freshly germinated plants and rob desirable deer forages ... the entire plot site location with a 2 percent glyphosate solution (Roundup).

Two Food Plot Tools You Can't Live Without | Outdoor Life

www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/big-buck.../two-food-plot-tools-you-can’t-live-without

May 22, 2013 - Roundup is a non-specific herbicide that will kill any plant it comes in contact ... It could be a two-acre weed patch or a perennial food plot that is growing ... They will save you tons of money and the deer will thank you for it.

Deer Food Plots In Seven Easy Steps | Tractor Supply Co.

www.tractorsupply.com/know-how_outdoors_hunting_deer-food-plots-in-seven-easy...

Your food plot will get a lot of grazing pressure from the resident deer herd. ... How soon in the spring can I spray RoundUp and how long do I have to wait after I ...

5 Reasons Food Plots Fail - Quality Deer Management Association

https://www.qdma.com/5-reasons-food-plots-fail/

Jul 17, 2012 - Let's take a look at five causes of food plot failure and how you can .... or by herbicide application, depending on the seed mix you are using.

Spraying Weeds - When and With What? - HuntingNet.com Forums

www.huntingnet.com › ... › Wildlife Management / Food Plots

Mar 11, 2010 - 10 posts - ‎7 authors
    I have heard many people say that the key to a good food plot is spraying weed ... should I be spraying and then planting foods that I want deer to eat? ... The chemical Glyphosate is what is used by most food plotters to kill out ...

Food Plot Poison - Bowhunting - Petersen's Bowhunting

www.bowhuntingmag.com/.../modern-food-plot-practices-are-we-poisoning-ourselve...

Jan 30, 2012 - A look at modern food plot practices and how we might be poisoning ourselves. ... job with his food plots, which help hold plenty of deer on the property. ... from glycophospate (Roundup weed killer) is basically ubiquitous in ...
    Last edited by presence; 11-30-2016 at 11:14 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    one of the things I recently realized was full of roundup is wild game unfortunately

in my area hunting is big business... local city people own seasonal hunting cabins and most of them contract with local farmers to plant "feed lots"

its illegal to "bait" deer... but you can plant a field of oats, turnips, etc specifically for deer attractant.

one of my neighbors contracted and planted 150 "feed lot" parcels ranging from 1 to 5 acres in our valley this past year

process = ATV pulling trailer over overgrown pasture that sprays glyphosate and plants seeds in a single pass

probably no less than a square mile of our valley got sprayed/seeded by this method this year

result = instead of clean deer eating acorns in the hillside we have "wild" meat tainted with chemicals and gmo's

That's truly a shame. They are literally poisoning our food supplies from all angles.

They are finding glyphosate in the river and lakes too.

Monsanto’s Glyphosate Poisoning Lake Erie, Causing Toxic Algae Blooms Responsible For Killing Fish
    https://dailyhealthpost.com/glyphosa...ing-lake-erie/

Glyphosate Sprayed on GMO Crops Linked to Lake Erie’s Toxic Algae Bloom
    http://www.ecowatch.com/glyphosate-s...906543478.html

Glyphosate Herbicide Found in Many Midwestern Streams, Antibiotics Not Common
    http://toxics.usgs.gov/highlights/glyphosate02.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

Less toxic than vinegar? Seriously?

Vinegar breaks down into the soil--without harm. Certain Vinegar's will actually put more minerals in the soil. Vinegar does not contaminate organs when ingested. Vinegar has been around a lot longer than Glyphosate.

err meant "food plots" instead of "feed lots"; edited post
    Last edited by presence; 11-30-2016 at 11:12 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Less toxic than vinegar? Seriously?

Vinegar breaks down into the soil--without harm. Certain Vinegar's will actually put more minerals in the soil. Vinegar does not contaminate organs when ingested. Vinegar has been around a lot longer than Glyphosate.
    Vinegar is broken down in the soil but it also lowers soil pH in the process. It WILL kill pretty much all plant life in the process.

Angela is right though, the oral LD50 for acetic acid is 3310mg/kg for a rat. The oral LD50 for glyphosate is 5400mg/kg. Glyphosate is in fact less toxic than acetic acid.

Some (organic) vinegar may contain minerals that are useful to plant life, the amount however is almost certainly completely negligible.

Vinegar has been around for a long time but so has lead, mercury and cyanide. The natural world is full of deadly toxins. And everything is relative...

Now, I dislike the use of glyphosate, and pesticides in general about as much as you do but I do like to argue based on facts.
    "I am a bird"

I'll rochambo u on a shot glass a day, I take apple cider vinegar... you take a shot of roundup.

deal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACV VS glyphosate.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	5468
    Last edited by presence; 12-17-2016 at 01:30 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Vinegar is broken down in the soil but it also lowers soil pH in the process. It WILL kill pretty much all plant life in the process.

Angela is right though, the oral LD50 for acetic acid is 3310mg/kg for a rat. The oral LD50 for glyphosate is 5400mg/kg. Glyphosate is in fact less toxic than acetic acid.
    White Distilled Vinegar (10% -20%) is pure acetic acid and water and will indeed kill plants.
    Apple Cider Vinegar with MOTHER is loaded with potassium and other minerals an can act as a good fertilizer for acid-loving blueberries, and other plants.

I can also drink ACV diluted in water to get health benefits. I cannot do that with glyphosate.

Both apple cider vinegar and white vinegar have places in organic gardening. Although white vinegar can be used as an herbicide, apple cider vinegar with 5 percent acidity has quite the opposite use. It can be used as a fertilizer to maintain healthy plants. Because apple cider vinegar is acidic, however, it is best to use it as a fertilizer for only acid-loving plants, such as blueberry bushes, gardenias and azaleas.
    http://homeguides.sfgate.com/fertili...gar-57123.html

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    White Distilled Vinegar (10% -20%) is pure acetic acid and water and will indeed kill plants.
    Apple Cider Vinegar with MOTHER is loaded with potassium and other minerals an can act as a good fertilizer for acid-loving blueberries, and other plants.

I can also drink ACV diluted in water to get health benefits. I cannot do that with glyphosate.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/fertili...gar-57123.html
    Apple cider vinegar contains the same acidity as white vinegar. http://www.livestrong.com/article/21...illed-vinegar/

Nutrition Facts

Apple cider vinegar is slightly higher in vitamins and minerals than distilled vinegar, but for this to make a real nutritional difference you'd have to be using vinegar in large amounts. A tablespoon of either vinegar has about 3 calories and won't provide you with any essential vitamin in significant amounts.

You'd have to use almost a cup of apple cider vinegar to get a significant amount of any nutrient, as this amount provides 12 percent of the daily value for the mineral manganese, but still just trace amounts of any other essential nutrients.
    . A review article published in the Journal of Food Science in May 2014 notes that the acetic acid in vinegar may be responsible for the potential anti-diabetic and anti-obesity effects of vinegar, meaning that distilled vinegar may be beneficial for these purposes as well because of its acetic acid content.
    Apple cider vinegar is not a good source of potassium.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-30-2016 at 02:18 PM.

http://www.naturalnews.com/SearchRes...e+cancer&pr=NN

Natural news is not a reliable site.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Why? And says whom? I haven't visited the site in quite some time but as I recall, what I had read the last few times that I followed a link to their site was verifiable.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-30-2016 at 03:48 PM.

good info in this thread.
    If y'all put the statist trolls on ignore, there's no need for a pissing contest
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Not for politics, (way way way too pro THUMP) but it definitely is good for health related issues