Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Trump SAVES 1000 Carrier Jobs!....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I laughed at this ^ and equally predicted the response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    LOL, me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yup.
    Ok, that was fun. I too want to play the make a post with possibly wildly inaccurate assumptions about ones background based solely on a single internet post, game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    I know your type I worked with them in retail, they retire with three awesome pensions at 68, and then their wife and them fight all the time so he goes gets a job at Lowe's or Home Depot not because he needs the money but because it will save his marriage. A part time retail service job, is not the same as the white collar job they retired from at a manufacturing facility.
    I know your type, I run into them all the time. The type that has never known both the joys and the heartburn of being their own boss. The type that doesn't know what it is like when there is no one to blame for failure other than yourself, or the feeling of success when there is no one else to take the credit for a job well done. The type that doesn't enjoy what they are doing and doesn't often do a form of it even when they aren't getting paid. The type doesn't know what it’s like to be able to say, "No" and turn down business just because you don't like the potential customer or job, even if it might lead to lean times. The type that doesn't know what it’s like to not have money coming in when you go on vacation, get sick or haven't found paying customers; so you have to plan ahead and have savings. The type that doesn't know the pride and responsibility involved when somebody else is coming to pay you specifically, for your expertise.
    It's too bad really, because we have too many of that type in this country.

Ok I admit it, I took a swing and I missed, my post isn't about business owners and entrepreneurs, they can work until they drop dead but that is different because they created there own job, which is great.

I am specifically addressing the American worker who has always worked for somebody else and been paid by somebody else, and is either retired or heading towards it.
    I praise the self made people for their hard work entrepreneurial spirit and willing to risk much for their own independence, but they are in a very different category. And often they can sell their business when they want to retire and make even more money, to relax and enjoy life. And if it's a larger business those jobs are still there.

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...36696133304324
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Benefits of "saving jobs" already showing up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-closure-plan

Carrier, Fresh Off Trump Talks, Increases Prices on Higher Costs

Carrier Corp., the maker of air conditioners that was persuaded by President-elect Donald Trump to abort plans to close a U.S. factory, is increasing prices to stay competitive as higher costs weigh on the industry.

The United Technologies Corp. division that includes brands such as Carrier and Bryant will raise the amount it charges for residential and commercial HVAC equipment by as much as 5 percent, according to a company statement. The change will go into effect Jan. 1.

United Technologies agreed last week to keep about 1,100 jobs at an Indianapolis plant after Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence spent weeks pressuring the company over the plan to move operations to Mexico. Trump made the Carrier talks a priority after repeatedly criticizing the company during the campaign and turning it into a symbol of the ways that trade deals harm U.S. workers.

Build that plant, make America pay for it.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/806562713539407872
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Benefits of "saving jobs" already showing up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...t-closure-plan
    I will happily pay 5% more if it is manufactured in America by Americans making fair wages.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Build that plant, make America pay for it.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/806562713539407872
    800 workers making $70k a year is still a great bargain @ $7mil tax credit spread over 10 yrs. Especially when the company will reinvest $16mil.

800 workers making $70k a year is still a great bargain @ $7mil tax credit spread over 10 yrs. Especially when the company will reinvest $16mil.
    Over 1000 still losing theirs. Still a net loss of jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Over 1000 still losing theirs. Still a net loss of jobs.
    Should have offered them $14 million in tax credits. 1000 on unemployment is better than 1800.

Carrier factory Donald Trump 'saved' will lay off hundreds of workers before Christmas

Donald Trump famously boasted about persuading a company in the US heartland not to move its furnace plant to Mexico.

Yet, despite the President’s intervention, the business is still set to send around 630 jobs south of the border, with some of those positions being cut just days before Christmas.

Carrier Corporation, which produces heating and ventilation systems, issued a notice this week to its workers in Indiana, detailing its plan to terminate 632 positions from its factory in Indianapolis, it's largest and capital city.

“This action follows a thorough evaluation of our manufacturing operations and is intended to address the challenges the business faces in a rapidly changing industry,” Steven Morris, a Carrier manager in Indianapolis, wrote in a memo.

Mr Trump became associated with the company during the election campaign, when he criticised it for planning to send jobs to Monterrey, Mexico, where the minimum wage is said to be $3.90.

Around 1,400 positions were on the chopping block, according to company estimates. Mr Trump has claimed he was able to save 1,000 of them and he took credit for doing so.

“Here’s what’s going to happen,” Mr Trump told an election rally in Indianapolis. “I’ll get a call from the head of Carrier and he’ll say, ‘Mr. President, we’ve decided to stay in the United States’. That’s what’s going to happen - 100 per cent,” he said.

The company said it was only going to retain 800 jobs, not the 1,000 that Mr Trump claimed. It also said number of those would ultimately be lost to automation, despite the fact that a deal with the state government to save those jobs involved $7m in incentives for the company.

Robert James, a senior official with the United Steelworkers union told the Associated Press that it was “cold” to put people out of work just days before the Christmas holiday.

“It’s going to be hard for them. You don’t replace jobs paying $25 an hour, like at Carrier and Rexnord. They got warehouse jobs paying ten to twelve dollars an hour. This is going to do damage to families, cause unnecessary stress and strain,” he said.

“If [Trump] really wanted to help workers, why doesn’t he start with bringing his own jobs back to the United States? His daughter and son-in-law all got jobs overseas where they pay people $60 a week or less. It’s a tragedy where all these companies go overseas and abuse people.”
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7755621.html

I will be on the Mitch Henck show today at 5pm central to discuss Trump, Trump, Trump, and terrorism.

Please tune in live or podcast at: http://madisontalks.com/
    Knowledge is Liberty!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Layoffs set to begin next month at Carrier plant Trump struck deal with: report
    BY BRANDON CARTER - 06/22/17 03:59 PM EDT

The Carrier plant in Indianapolis that President Trump convinced to stay open late last year will lay off more than 600 employees beginning next month, according to a new report Thursday.

CNBC reported that the deal struck by Trump before he assumed office isn’t working out as expected, and more than 600 employees will soon face layoffs.

Trump and Carrier reached an agreement in December to keep about 1,000 jobs at the Indiana plant. Both Carrier and Trump celebrated the agreement on Twitter.

Trump also celebrated the agreement at the plant shortly after it was reached as an early victory of his agenda.

“I want to let all the other companies now that we are going to do great things for business. There’s no reason for them to leave anymore,” Trump said in December. “Their taxes are going to be at the low end and the unnecessary regulations are going to be gone.”

But CNBC reported that the fine print of the agreement indicates that only 730 of the 1,069 jobs that Trump’s deal “saved” are manufacturing jobs. The rest are engineering and technical jobs that were never set to be cut, according to the report.

In addition, the $16 million that the company promised to invest in the facility as part of Trump’s deal will go toward automation in the factory, which would ultimately result in fewer jobs.

Union officials told CNBC they’ve heard nothing from the company on potential relocation to other factories for the laid-off workers, only receiving a notice that the first round of cuts, totaling 338 jobs, will occur on July 20, with 290 more jobs being eliminated on Dec. 22.

The news follows an announcement last month that the layoffs would begin sometime this summer.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...mp-struck-deal

I will happily pay 5% more if it is manufactured in America by Americans making fair wages.
    What about 200% more?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415