Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Edit] Flag Burning - Trump going after the first amendment

[Edit] Flag Burning - Trump going after the first amendment

Trump Threatens Flag-Burning Americans With Loss Of Citizenship Or Jail
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-29/trump-threatens-flag-burning-americans-loss-citizenship-or-jail

"TIME’s Walter Isaacson commented in the weeks that followed the decision. “Reverence for the flag is ingrained in every schoolchild who has quailed at the thought of letting it touch the ground, in every citizen moved by pictures of it being raised at Iwo Jima or planted on the moon, in every veteran who has ever heard taps played at the end of a Memorial Day parade, in every gold-star mother who treasures a neatly folded emblem of her family’s supreme sacrifice.”

Yet, he continued, that was precisely the reason why the court, in the case Texas v. Johnson, declared that federal and state laws that protect the flag are in violation of free-speech protections. The flag is so revered because it represents the land of the free, and that freedom includes the ability to use or abuse that flag in protest."

http://time.com/3907444/flag-supreme-court-history/

Question for the trolls. Who hates liberty? Who hates America?
    Last edited by scm; 11-29-2016 at 07:44 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    Trump Threatens Flag-Burning Americans With Loss Of Citizenship Or Jail
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-29/trump-threatens-flag-burning-americans-loss-citizenship-or-jail

"TIME’s Walter Isaacson commented in the weeks that followed the decision. “Reverence for the flag is ingrained in every schoolchild who has quailed at the thought of letting it touch the ground, in every citizen moved by pictures of it being raised at Iwo Jima or planted on the moon, in every veteran who has ever heard taps played at the end of a Memorial Day parade, in every gold-star mother who treasures a neatly folded emblem of her family’s supreme sacrifice.”

Yet, he continued, that was precisely the reason why the court, in the case Texas v. Johnson, declared that federal and state laws that protect the flag are in violation of free-speech protections. The flag is so revered because it represents the land of the free, and that freedom includes the ability to use or abuse that flag in protest."

http://time.com/3907444/flag-supreme-court-history/

Question for the trolls. Who hates liberty? Who hates America?
    Can we at least fly it upside down during his administration?

tyrants gonna tyrant

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

The funny part is that Hillary wants to do the same thing.

heh...he's going to run into some resistance on this. Re-election campaign starts in 2 years...

I love it. The only people who find this wrong are lefty loons. OP did you show any indignation to protests against Trump or violence against his supporters?

If no, then this law is a present for YOU.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    If the only punishment is losing citizenship, this could actually effectively provide a much easier, cheaper, and hassle-free alternative method of renouncing US citizenship (and thus losing US tax liability)!

That would be great! A big help to many people!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Lol. Except for Bennet, the co-sponsors are all Democrats, including Hillary and Boxer.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I love it. The only people who find this wrong are lefty loons. OP did you show any indignation to protests against Trump or violence against his supporters?

You really have absolutely no concept of liberty whatsoever do you?

A neanderthal proposal. Should be a grand slam with his base.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Trump is wrong on this, and I am not, nor have I ever been a loony-left.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    You really have absolutely no concept of liberty whatsoever do you?
    I understand it far better then you. I understand that your strategy is the one that lost to precious snowflakes that Trump is destroying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Trump is wrong on this, and I am not, nor have I ever been a loony-left.
    Then good for you. But this is a reply to violence perpetuated against Trump people. It is for OP and those like him.

Then good for you. But this is a reply to violence perpetuated against Trump people. It is for OP and those like him.

There are already laws on the books to slam the violence against people.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are already laws on the books to slam the violence against people.
    OK. So?

I understand it far better then you. I understand that your strategy is the one that lost to precious snowflakes that Trump is destroying.
    You do NOT. Gunny is right. If you think it's ok for the State to punish someone for burning some piece of cloth they have, then YOU are the snowflake! Really? You get offended because someone wants to burn a fabric?! And because of your offense, you feel justified in using force against that person?!

Damn, these liberal snowflakes... Trump's got them thinking they're "conservatives".
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

OK. So?
    So what violence is done when someone sets afire a flag?

The only thing I would say about the protests is maybe, THUMP can call his friend George and ask him to stop them. But then, how else would the establishment continue to divide us. Oh ya, ALL those other ways. Race, religion, Genders, lifestyles, political parties, ETC.......

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You do NOT. Gunny is right. If you think it's ok for the State to punish someone for burning some piece of cloth they have, then YOU are the snowflake! Really? You get offended because someone wants to burn a fabric?! And because of your offense, you feel justified in using force against that person?!

Damn, these liberal snowflakes... Trump's got them thinking they're "conservatives".
    I could care less about flag burning. The reality is that the country is split and we are on a collision course for bad times. We don't even know who will win. But I like Trump's side and I like their chances under his leadership.

This is not why he made the threat. He is asymmetrically attacking the people who oppose him. Full frontal assaults got us to here.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    The only thing I would say about the protests is maybe, THUMP can call his friend George and ask him to stop them. But then, how else would the establishment continue to divide us. Oh ya, ALL those other ways. Race, religion, Genders, lifestyles, political parties, ETC.......
    What are you ranting about?

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    Muh Flag!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I could care less about flag burning. The reality is that the country is split and we are on a collision course for bad times. We don't even know who will win. But I like Trump's side and I like their chances under his leadership.

This is not why he made the threat. He is asymmetrically attacking the people who oppose him. Full frontal assaults got us to here.

Which only adds to more division in the country. Not a very smart move to make idle threats like this one, IMHO.

Which only adds to more division in the country. Not a very smart move to make idle threats like this one, IMHO.
    Yeah well considering he was told he was making dumb moves for the past 18 month, I will take what you said with a grain of salt.

Also we are already divided. It's either truce or conquest. I am. Getting the vibe from leftists on this site that they prefer conquest.

Depends upon who owns the flag being burned...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    Muh Flag!
    What would be the penalty for a burned flag in Muh Road ? Should it be more severe like having weed within so many feet of a school ? Maybe they could double uncitizen you .....
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-29-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    Do something Danke

DEAL FROM STRENGTH OR GET CRUSHED EVERY TIME

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

What are you ranting about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast