Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Ben Swann lately? (UPDATE: website & social media accounts deleted)

Ben Swann Returns Thanks to DASH, Digital Cash

In mid-December 2017, Ben Swann began posting in the forums of the cryptocurrency, DASH. While an increasing amount of public attention is given to the popular cryptocurrency Bitcoin, many people in the privacy focused crypto community are placing their support behind DASH. Originally released under the name “Darkcoin” back in 2014, the crypto would later be rebranded as DASH, or digital cash.

What differentiates DASH from Bitcoin and other alt coins? DASH is designed to confirm transactions faster than Bitcoin with their “InstantSend” feature which can confirm payments in less than a second. DASH also allows for privacy with transactions and balances via “PrivateSend.”

https://www.activistpost.com/2018/01...ocurrency.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Independent Journalist Ben Swann Overcomes Censorship With Exclusive Dash Sponsorship

Posted by Joël Valenzuela | Jan 25, 2018 | News |

Independent investigative journalist Ben Swann has returned after his mysterious year-long disappearance, sponsored exclusively by the Dash network.

Swann was the host of Reality Check, a news segment focused on deep investigative journalism into topics often partially or completely ignored by the mainstream media, including some controversial subjects. The show aired for several years before going dark early last winter. After a year-long hiatus, Reality Check’s return has been announced thanks to exclusive funding from the Dash network.

According to Swann, a long-term fan and user of cryptocurrency, Dash has risen above the pack because of its unique features:
    “I have been an advocate for cryptocurrencies as well as the blockchain for years (since 2013) and when I was made aware of the Dash treasury, I was intrigued
    beyond that, the more I learned about Dash as digital cash, as well as the [InstantSend] technology, I believe that Dash is poised to excel beyond other altcoins because it is technologically superior.”

Using the Dash treasury to form a long-term and secure partnership

The Reality Check relaunch proposal ranks as one of the largest to date in Dash’s history. The show previously reached many millions of viewers, and Swann remains confident that similar results will be achievable with the relaunch. Dash will be the sole sponsor of Reality Check during this new iteration, which will include syndicated videos across other networks, as well as physical appearances by Swann and his team at several cryptocurrency and blockchain events and conferences. Additionally, Dash will serve as the sole sponsor of the Truth in Media website, including co-branded merchandise.
    Read more: https://www.dashforcenews.com/indepe...h-sponsorship/
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Reappears pushing crypto? Damn, I guess Swann sold out too.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Everybody sells out. One of the sad facts about living on this planet.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    At least make it worth it. That looks like a major demotion for Ben.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

No higher bidders? I guess Facebook likes can not put food on the table.

A $2,000,000 sponsorship to produce the new Reality Check series independently from the CBS news channel doesn't sound like a demotion to me.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    A $2,000,000 sponsorship to produce the new Reality Check series independently from the CBS news channel doesn't sound like a demotion to me.
    Oh wow, guess I missed that part. I'm sure it will be completely objective. Just don't talk about pizzagate again, Ben.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-26-2018 at 09:22 PM.

I'd at least want the $2m in gold bullion and a fabled 'Fed Black Card' that just kind of pays itself off every month. A 'sponsorship' sounds too tenuous and disconnected, not to mention subject to corrosive inflationary pressures. Go big or go home, ya know?

I'd at least want the $2m in gold bullion and a fabled 'Fed Black Card' that just kind of pays itself off every month. A 'sponsorship' sounds too tenuous and disconnected, not to mention subject to corrosive inflationary pressures. Go big or go home, ya know?
    It's paid in Dash

Life, Liberty, Logic

He sold out when he agreed to be silenced in exchange for his ongoing paid bench seat at CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    He sold out when he agreed to be silenced in exchange for his ongoing paid bench seat at CBS.
    He should have kept fighting for the masses, like ...... like ...... um....

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    aaaaand he just got fired by CBS for resurrecting Reality Check.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2018...reality-check/

Exclusive: CBS46 anchor Ben Swann suspended after he tries to revive Reality Check
    Rodney Ho
    January 26, 2018 Local news, Television.

Posted Friday, January 26, 2018 by RODNEY HO/rho@ajc.com on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog

CBS46 evening anchor Ben Swann has been taken off the air after his efforts to revive his independent investigative operation he called Reality Check came to light today.

On Thursday night, Swann posted a video on Vimeo teasing about an upcoming new project he planned to announce next Tuesday. He only identified himself as an “investigative journalist” and did not reference his ties to CBS46.

The video by Friday morning had been seen more than 2,000 times. After CBS46 learned of the video, he was suspended and the video removed from Vimeo. (The video is still available on Twitter.)

Exciting news #Dash fans! #BenSwann has just released this video to make a special annoucement! Get ready for Tuesday Jan 30th! 📽🙂🚀#Dash $Dash #Crypto #Cryptocurrency #FinTech #GuessWhosBack pic.twitter.com/12csI0mkhd

— Mark Mason (@StayDashy) January 25, 2018

Prior to arriving at CBS46 in 2015, Swann had built a national following, largely among alt-right conservative types, with his Truth in Media “Reality Check” stories that delved into issues, he said, the mainstream media ignored.

While at CBS46 from 2015 into early 2017, he continued to do those stories on his website, sometimes airing pieces for the station as well.

...Read More
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

He should have kept fighting for the masses, like ...... like ...... um....
    He tried. The liberty movement told him to $#@! off by not supporting him. Dude couldn't feed his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    aaaaand he just got fired by CBS for resurrecting Reality Check.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2018...reality-check/
    Good riddance about CBS. Everyone is better off this way

Life, Liberty, Logic

Good riddance about CBS. Everyone is better off this way
    ....except for Ben Swann's kids.

Is the liberty movement going to fail to support the man again?

Our abject and utter failure to support Truth In Media is one of my greatest disappointments in our movement.

Here we had a man, with a family, stepping out on faith that we would do right by him, and our movement told him to get f**ked.

When your kids are hungry, you'll take money from someone you don't like too.

F**k a bunch of a$$holes claiming he "sold out." Same people didn't give the man a dime when he went independent.

Our abject and utter failure to support Truth In Media is one of my greatest disappointments in our movement.

Here we had a man, with a family, stepping out on faith that we would do right by him, and our movement told him to get f**ked.

F**k a bunch of a$$holes claiming he "sold out." Same people didn't give the man a dime when he went independent.

100% Agree.

The Dash network just awarded him a $2,000,000 grant for the project. Of course most of it is going towards building out the studio and production costs, but he's not going to go starving.

Life, Liberty, Logic

The Dash network just awarded him a $2,000,000 grant for the project. Of course most of it is going towards building out the studio and production costs, but he's not going to go starving.
    Is this an excuse to not support him?

Is this an excuse to not support him?
    Not at all. Just saying he is better off now that CBS doesn't control him - both from a journalistic perspective and a financial one. I hope the liberty movement appreciates what he's doing here and will get behind him

Life, Liberty, Logic

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone know how to get in touch with Ben?

I'm the Sales & Marketing manager at a managed hosted infrastructure & data center services company. I've worked with national media organizations before... I have no doubt I can help him with his relaunch.

I'm a big fan and would love to help him out. If anyone has some contact info please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Anyone know how to get in touch with Ben?

I'm the Sales & Marketing manager at a managed hosted infrastructure & data center services company. I've worked with national media organizations before... I have no doubt I can help him with his relaunch.

I'm a big fan and would love to help him out. If anyone has some contact info please PM me.
    What a lousy way to start a sales pitch. Had I have the info I wouldn't be passing it to you. I suspect you are still inside sales. Regular sales people usually use a VP title when engaging externally.

What a lousy way to start a sales pitch. Had I have the info I wouldn't be passing it to you. I suspect you are still inside sales. Regular sales people usually use a VP title when engaging externally.
    Absolutely useless comment.

I'm not making a sales pitch here. I'm inquiring informally (on a forum I have participated in for 10 years) if anyone can set me up with his contact information. If anyone with a connection really wants to verify my credentials they can PM me before passing along the request. I'm just looking to help and absolutely have the means to do so, despite @tinosman's (absolutely incorrect) conjecture.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Absolutely useless comment.

I'm not making a sales pitch here. I'm inquiring informally (on a forum I have participated in for 10 years) if anyone can set me up with his contact information. If anyone with a connection really wants to verify my credentials they can PM me before passing along the request. I'm just looking to help and absolutely have the means to do so, despite @tinosman's (absolutely incorrect) conjecture.
    He has an account here. Try emailing through the forum link.

Great news that Ben is coming back! Sorry that he was fired
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Great news that Ben is coming back! Sorry that he was fired
    Quite an entrance. The firing definitely makes it more believable.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He has an account here. Try emailing through the forum link.
    That will get you zippy.... he hasn't been active here in over 4.5 years

Username Join Date Posts Last Visit
    Ben Swann 06-13-2013 42 06-13-2013 07:42 PM
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    That will get you zippy....
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ben Swann is back:

(seems like he only published the video on facebook - so far)
    https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRealityCheck/videos/1720057308059212/

Edit (Youtube):

http://truthinmedia.com/ is live again.
    Last edited by Thor; 01-31-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Ben Swann is back:

(seems like he only published the video on facebook - so far)
    https://www.facebook.com/BenSwannRea...0057308059212/

http://truthinmedia.com/ is live again.
    Did he pinky swear not to talk about pizzagate again?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast