Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with Ben Swann lately? (UPDATE: website & social media accounts deleted)

What's up with Ben Swann lately? (UPDATE: website & social media accounts deleted)

He was on such a roll. But seemed very quiet this election cycle. He went back to FOX, but His truth in media site hardly gets updated anymore. I feel he and a few other "investigative journalists" had their backs turned as the other team was scoring touchdowns this election cycle. He and someone like Jon Stewart could of changed this election. In 2012, they brought up a lot about the "other candidates", not much of anything this time. Personally, I belive Stewart was forced to resign. He would of had to (unwillingly) do a number on his favorite canidate if he stayed on the air.

--

[mod edit] Ben's online presence has mostly disappeared (following pizzagate story)

Ben Swann’s Truth in Media site down, Twitter, Instagram, FB accounts gone

Rodney Ho
    February 1, 2017

CBS46 evening anchor Ben Swann today blocked his “Truth in Media” website and dropped his primary Twitter and Instagram feeds, as well as his Facebook “Truth in Media” page, which had 427,000 plus followers.

But he hasn’t entirely disappeared off social media. He managed to keep a different Facebook page alive, one that only has 1,800 followers. The last time he posted on this site was January 17, the morning before he aired his “Reality Check” about Pizzagate which went viral and led to a week-long suspension. He came back on air on CBS46 this past Monday.

Swann was hired by CBS46 in June, 2015 as an evening anchor. He had been running his Truth in Media project since 2012 and his station bosses allowed him to maintain the site, which for a time included most of his “Reality Check” pieces he aired on CBS46.

Here was his Twitter site yesterday:

read more:
    http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017...accounts-gone/

he warned about this a few days beforehand:

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Also from FB, just now:

Hey guys, everyone is asking if things are OK. They are. I will be heading back to CBS46 on Monday but there are going to be some changes. The biggest one will be that this social page will go dark f/n on Tzuday, Feb 1. We've been building this project for 6 years and those who have come to know me.. I hope you have also come to trust me.
    Edit: Ben editted the text to change "Tuesday, Feb 1" to "Tzuday, Feb 1." Specifically stating Tzuday. And Feb 1st is Wednesday. Not Tuesday.
    Last edited by jct74; 02-02-2017 at 01:10 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stewart retired thinking the GOP is dead. Little did he foresee the rise of Trump and the alt right. He wanted to get back on air badly by his desperate appearance on his old pal show, The Late Show with Steven Colbert. He did great service giving Ron Paul a voice during the BlackOut. But when it came to it, he showed his blind progressive hatred for the right and pretend the left can do no wrong. I'm glad he's mostly out of public display. The left misses him dearly and wants him back.

Ben Swann dipped his foot a little too far into the life-style libertarians/conspiracy-types and got scammed several times. He's back doing his small town TV job and it's great for him.
    Last edited by Nolan; 11-29-2016 at 05:57 AM.

Stewart is about as anti-liberty as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    True liberty that is. I'm quite sure he wants to be free as well.

Let me quote Ronald Reagan for you;

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    The worst part is he was probably one of the most in-depth "news anchors". His reports were full of good/real info. He would of destroyed Hillary and thump if he was allowed to unleash on the both.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    He was on such a roll. But seemed very quiet this election cycle. He went back to FOX, but His truth in media site hardly gets updated anymore. I feel he and a few other "investigative journalists" had their backs turned as the other team was scoring touchdowns this election cycle.
    I think that he found out there's already an Alex Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I think that he found out there's already an Alex Jones.
    He had the potential to be John Stossel. Instead he chose to get into conspiracies.

I still follow Swann. He updates his Facebook fairly regularly. And it looks like he is trying to get Truth In Media running again. The reality is though that as long as people aren't willing to pay for it he can't afford to commit so much time to it. He still has to work and pay the bills after all.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Swann didn't get enough support from libertarians through crowd sourcing, so he had to go back to local TV news. He still does his Reality Check segments and they are very good.

The worst part is he was probably one of the most in-depth "news anchors". His reports were full of good/real info. He would of destroyed Hillary and thump if he was allowed to unleash on the both.
    No, he had some of the least in depth news out there which was largely edited tapes and news articles to make his political opponents look bad.

Cut him some slack, jack. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1h...dqkwm123Ce4ZmA

He's still active, but he's got 5 mouths to feed. Ben is still kicking royal arse out there and producing quality media. You'll see him a few times a week on youtube.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

someone like Jon Stewart could of changed this election. In 2012, they brought up a lot about the "other candidates", not much of anything this time. Personally, I belive Stewart was forced to resign.
    Sorry dude but Jon stopped being credible once Obama and democrats were elected. He like Bill Maher are part of the problem. They do good work when neo-cons are in office as republicans, but as soon as democrats get in office they can do no wrong in their eyes. They are full of $#@! and indeed part of the problem as mentioned earlier.

It would be like pro-Trump media not holding Trump to a standard once he is in office if he keeps up the foreign wars and bad trade deals, and etc. They do that, and they are just like jon stewart. Wake up.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    He had the potential to be John Stossel. Instead he chose to get into conspiracies.
    Yeah but with Stossel, you don't get nuggets of gold like this:

And memes are more effective.

I contacted Swann and asked him to cover the kratom story. I hope he gets to it. We need good honest journalists like him in the fight. There's so much DEA/FDA/pharmaceutical lobbyist propaganda about it.

My assumption is that there wasn't enough money to make it a full time thing. Several failed crowd-sourcing attempts sure points to that.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    over 400,000 followers on facebook and 46 million views on one news video ain't too shabby!

he's got this going on too - https://benswanncom.paystand.com/tru...--created-isis
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

https://freeandequal.org/

He was on such a roll. But seemed very quiet this election cycle. He went back to FOX, but His truth in media site hardly gets updated anymore. I feel he and a few other "investigative journalists" had their backs turned as the other team was scoring touchdowns this election cycle. He and someone like Jon Stewart could of changed this election. In 2012, they brought up a lot about the "other candidates", not much of anything this time. Personally, I belive Stewart was forced to resign. He would of had to (unwillingly) do a number on his favorite canidate if he stayed on the air.
    By Stewart's favorite candidate, I assume you mean Bernie Sanders?

Swann got a job at a local Fox affiliate somewhere in Ohio I believe. Ever since then Truth in Media has been all but dead.
    He did start another segment like the one he used to do at his old news station that got him popular (can't remember what it was called now), but I honestly don't hear or see of him.

I'm wanting to say I read or watched something with him and he more or less said you have to have money to do things. I'm assuming Truth in Media wasn't cutting it for him to make a living.

And there was NEVER hope in Jon Stewart. Another leftist/progressive blowhard.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Swann got a job at a local Fox CBS affiliate somewhere in Ohio Atlanta I believe.
    FIFY

http://www.cbs46.com/story/29304911/ben-swann

Ben Swann joined CBS46 as an anchor for its early evening and late newscasts in June 2015.

Swann was most recently an Anchor/Reporter at WXIX in Cincinnati. Prior to that he was an Anchor/Reporter at KTSM in El Paso, TX. He got his start at KFOX in El Paso as an Anchor/ Reporter. While there he received three Edward R. Murrow Awards and two regional Emmy Awards.
    Swann has a Bachelor of Liberal Arts Degree from Brigham Young University and a Master of Arts in Humanities Degree from California State University.
    Copyright 2015 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recent videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BenSwan...tyCheck/videos

Like this one from last week:

And I agree, failed fundraising makes one go back to the thing that pays the bills.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

From FB:

Hey guys, Ben Swann here... I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the ISIS video crowdfund. Unfortunately, we are not going to be moving forward with that project at this time. EVERYONE who contributed WILL BE REFUNDED THEIR FULL DONATION.

Also from FB, just now:

Hey guys, everyone is asking if things are OK. They are. I will be heading back to CBS46 on Monday but there are going to be some changes. The biggest one will be that this social page will go dark f/n on Tzuday, Feb 1. We've been building this project for 6 years and those who have come to know me.. I hope you have also come to trust me.
    Edit: Ben editted the text to change "Tuesday, Feb 1" to "Tzuday, Feb 1." Specifically stating Tzuday. And Feb 1st is Wednesday. Not Tuesday.
    Last edited by Thor; 01-27-2017 at 04:46 PM.

someone like Jon Stewart
    I hope you mean someone like his persona on the Daily Show and not actually Jon Stewart. Jon sold out once Obama was put in office. Glenn Grenwald might be someone you actually mean.

This is what happens when you talk about Pizzagate.

More than likely, the Clinton's own him now.

"We've been building this project for 6 years and those who have come to know me.. I hope you have also come to trust me."

"Those who know me, trust me."

Translation:

"They know where my family lives, time to shut my life's work down."
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also from FB, just now:

I wonder what TZUDAY means.....to purposefully misspell it kinda takes away the chance of typo.

He says his FB page will go dark (for now).

Here is my interpretation and theory;

It probably means that CBS wants control of the content he produces for them and also they renegotiated his contract so that he exclusively work for them but they are giving him more control and more money.

And he asks for trust because he feels like he now has a bigger platform or he thinks the extra money he will make will help produce better content in the future when/if he leaves.

The Pizzagate video is still on his FB page (which I thought was deleted but I guess I was wrong).
    Last edited by eleganz; 01-27-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

FIFY

http://www.cbs46.com/story/29304911/ben-swann

Recent videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BenSwan...tyCheck/videos

Like this one from last week:

And I agree, failed fundraising makes one go back to the thing that pays the bills.
    Geeze, I was way off.

Anyway, not sure what to think of all this stuff he's posting.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Ben's youtube, facebook, and twitter, all gone as promised. Wonder whats next.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Ben's youtube, facebook, and twitter, all gone as promised. Wonder whats next.
    damn.. CBS exercising their muscle I bet
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2017...accounts-gone/

Ben Swann’s Truth in Media site down, Twitter, Instagram, FB accounts gone

This was posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 by Rodney Ho on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog

CBS46 evening anchor Ben Swann today blocked his “Truth in Media” website and dropped his primary Twitter and Instagram feeds, as well as his Facebook “Truth in Media” page, which had 427,000 plus followers.

But he hasn’t entirely disappeared off social media. He managed to keep a different Facebook page alive, one that only has 1,800 followers. The last time he posted on this site was January 17, the morning before he aired his “Reality Check” about Pizzagate which went viral and led to a week-long suspension. He came back on air on CBS46 this past Monday.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Also from FB, just now:

https://voat.co/v/pizzagate/1598061

6 replies

[–] p1zzap1zza 16 points (+16|-0) 6 days ago

Amazing: He left us a massive hint. "Tzuday" as in Sun Tzu(art of war) trump wrote "art of the deal", and Feb 1, 2017 falls on a Wednesday. Who joins trumps cabinet officially on Feb 1, 2017? Jeff Sessions. 6 years in the making you say? Like back in 2011 when Breitbart called out pizzagate? Holy $#@!ing $#@!!!!!!! pizzagate confirmed!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast