Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News for RPF

News for RPF

Hey everybody I have been moved to do something greater in my life. In 2018 I will be running for 3rd district. The amount of people that I have contacted and worked with over the years all have pointed me in the direction to serve Eastern NC. Walter will not be around forever and his back up scares me. I have not been a Pub in years and I am currently a Libertarian but will be Unaffiliated soon. I will be running as a certified write in. I have been a Revenue Officer for the state for 4 years, helping citizens get in compliance without being an evil arm of the state. I understand the broken tax code. By my guidelines at work I cannot run for state but I can run federally. I will start my signature sheet soon because 250 will be a breeze.

My main two focus beings with transparency and ends with fiscal responsibility. I only possess a cell so typing everything out will be a challenge but in the in coming days and weeks I will be laying out who am I, my personal beliefs etc. Any questions for me please ask? I have never been so moved in my life to be more vocal.

God bless!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet! I wish you the best and I hope I can help you in your pursuits in some way.

Wait, you are running for Congress, against Walter Jones, as a write-in?

Planning this far ahead to be a write-in seems like a... well, an unprecedented strategy.

But, definitely all the best!

I will be running as a certified write in. I have been a Revenue Officer for the state for 4 years, helping citizens get in compliance without being an evil arm of the state.

BTW, in my spare time, I help prisoners to the gallows.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I have been a Revenue Officer for the state for 4 years, helping citizens get in compliance without being an evil arm of the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

BTW, in my spare time, I help prisoners to the gallows.
    Yeah I know hahaha

I am probably the nicest RO in the state. I have helped over 40 businesses to get back to the green instead of levy to close. I fight with management for the taxpayers that deserve it. I think NC taxcode is horrible personally especially the sales tax code in which is probably why I ultimately against the Fair Tax.

I've never had a tax officer help me get into compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I've never had a tax officer help me get into compliance.
    You never had me

I do not like my job due to my nature of who I am. I ensure fairness and case by case analysis instead of broad brush approach management wants for me to do.

I believe in working with people, people as a whole have little knowledge of taxes and cannot afford lawyers nor cpas.

Btw I loathe corporate tax because of how it affects mom and pop businesses and the small entrepreneurs.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When I get done helping my wife with Christmas chores, I will release who I am, what I stand for, my beliefs, etc

I know not eveyone is going to jump aboard but this is personal for me to run. I hate the system and I am going to turn it on its head.

Has Walter Jones said he is not running in 2018?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLibertyPursuit View Post
    Yeah I know hahaha

I am probably the nicest RO in the state. I have helped over 40 businesses to get back to the green instead of levy to close. I fight with management for the taxpayers that deserve it. I think NC taxcode is horrible personally especially the sales tax code in which is probably why I ultimately against the Fair Tax.
    Can we get you to discuss some sales and use tax issues in another tread ?
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Well my cell keeps closing out google chrome when I type out my political views weird.......

I am a 28 y/o male who grad from ECU with an econ degree.

I will make my views brief.

I view goverment like Thomas Paine in general, a necessary evil. I am a minarchist who believes in States rights and community empowerment as government should be bottom up not top down. I am in the view of Thomas Jefferson when it comes to foreign policy and George Washington in being prepared at all times, peace through strength. I believe in capitalism, not croynism. I believe in patriotism, not nationalism. I believe States should handle social issues and if need to be USSC but not congress. The Bill of Rights are sacred imo and the Constitution is there to restrain government, not citizens. Democracy is messy, not a convenience. We are a Constitutional Republic not a pure democracy.

I want to run for the House due to the nature of who I am. The nation's purse is handled by the House and for that reason is why I want to run. Fiscal Responsibility is key. Without fiscal responsibility, liberty cannot be preserved. Nation debt enslaves the citizen, enriches a few, distorts interest rates which robs the elderly as well as others, and promotes croynism. I do not believe in a balanced budget, I believe in paying off the debt and funding only what is necessary. I want to slow government growth by freezing or have a set growth percentage with stipulations. I want deadlines for all agencies and congress with penalities for not honoring what has been set forth, for example baseline of previous year with 2% cut (matches CPI what not). I want semi annual audits and complete open books for ALL agencies. If waste is determined over a certain percentage then the difference will be the cut the following year per baseline. There should be agency savings accounts to promote wise spending, not amoral government bonuses. The budget should be kept consistent and manageable. All state funding and programs should operate off of NSA block grants but like I have stated if performance and waste is not where it should be, those elitist agencies will face a cut in funding. Any inefficient (personally all but realistically some), redundant, and expired programs should be cut immediately.

I have a tax reform plan which I will detail in a new thread for criticism and pointers. In short the: excise, custom duty and corporate tax is eliminated. There is one marginal tax rate, no phase outs, no starting thresholds, no credits and will probably throw everybody off but that is my style.

I want to eliminate all corporate subsidies and reform how regulation is implemented and created.

My other big issue is transparency. James Madison encompasses the essences of my view. Also I am for the One Subject at a Time Act, Read the Bill Act, Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act and Federal Reserve Transparency Act. I want open, accountability, and a system of integrity. What is key for me is information availability, information accessibility, and public awareness.

I refuse to run for any party nor pay to campaign or accept donations. I ask for people's time as the donation and for their concerns. My campaign is on and only two issues. Fiscal Responsibility and Transparency. I will have other minor issues but I want to fix our spending and the crappy tax system. I want to challenge people to think outside of the party system. My wife wants for me to run as a Pub, some advice from friends say independent but I refuse to pay to play.

I have always loved reading this forum and the DP forum and just recently branched myself out. I love the diverse opinions, the debates and the personal growth from learning from here as well as Mises. I have just opened a Gab account and my @ is the same as my name here.

I am afraid after Walter decides to hang it up either Phil Law or Taylor Griffin will overtake his spot. I have admired Walter but action needs to happen now, not later. As I have said, I do not expect 100% enthusiasm. The support from coworkers, my networking and talking with many others have lead me to run. I want to make this place proud. I want to come out of left field and surprise. If I do not win then no one is out of money and my conscious will be at ease.

If anyone wants to meet me and have lunch one day, I would love to take you out and get to know you whoever is from Eastern NC on here. Just send me a PM and we can schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Has Walter Jones said he is not running in 2018?

As far as I am aware he is still running but he will be right almost 76. We need to ensure that his spot is not given to a potential warmonger or W influenced Karl Rove money backed man.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Can we get you to discuss some sales and use tax issues in another tread ?
    If y'all want? After March this year, our sales tax keeps growing by definition on what can be taxed and now there will be more in 2017 that can be possibly taxed through the Sales and Use tax. My office will have a law change seminar Dec 1. I can address the matter afterwards to ensure proper detail.

A Revenuer running for office as a write in , is this a joke ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    No I am being serious

Btw if you think income tax is bad try sales & use tax laws on a daily basis.

Also I am one of the good ones in the agency that helps and not hammer taxpayers.

I will be release my tax plan this weekend on here.

In NC, the state legislators have designated a lot of service jobs as taxable by definition.

Repair installation maintenance service business will now be charging sales tax except a few exemptions and if you are a realbproperty contractor.

The new stupid law changes piss me off.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why not run for a local office, make some contacts and support in the local party, and run when Walter Jones retires? I don't understand your strategy. At best, you will net a small % of the vote and cause on the the primary anti-war Republicans to be ousted from the House.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

He already stated he can only run federally.
    I am the spoon.

No I am being serious

Btw if you think income tax is bad try sales & use tax laws on a daily basis.

Also I am one of the good ones in the agency that helps and not hammer taxpayers.

I will be release my tax plan this weekend on here.

In NC, the state legislators have designated a lot of service jobs as taxable by definition.

Repair installation maintenance service business will now be charging sales tax except a few exemptions and if you are a realbproperty contractor.

The new stupid law changes piss me off.
    Revenuers cannot get votes where I am , not even from family members , democrats or other low forms of life.
    Do something Danke

As far as I am aware he is still running but he will be right almost 76. We need to ensure that his spot is not given to a potential warmonger or W influenced Karl Rove money backed man.
    Justin Amash won his seat by coordinating with the man who was retiring. Amash announced he was running, the DeVos family announced they were supporting him and then Ehlers announced he was retiring.

Just sayin'

Revenuers cannot get votes where I am , not even from family members , democrats or other low forms of life.
    I do not blame them. I took the job during the recession, waited for then fiance to finish her school, and I have stuck with the job as I have made a positive impact.

If you get most anyone besides me, if your business owes then consider the business doa. I worked with many business not as my job title but as one that talked about issues, cashflows, coaching, etc.

I do not like levying business aka closing businesses. Why? It trickles to more than a business. Families, consumers, and other businesses feel the impact. Taxes suck and not one form of taxes is correct.
    Last edited by LifeLibertyPursuit; 12-04-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    He already stated he can only run federally.
    I can run like county but state policy prohibits me from state level due to conflict of interest...........or I would run state.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Justin Amash won his seat by coordinating with the man who was retiring. Amash announced he was running, the DeVos family announced they were supporting him and then Ehlers announced he was retiring.

Just sayin'
    I have a meeting with Walter's office to discuss on Monday.

Not to start a new thread but to continue on.

My tax plan. Some will like it and some will hate it. I personally hate tax due to that all tax is wrong and all tax is counterproductive in the long-run. I use to like the Fair Tax Act, pay your tax at the register and boom that would be the end of it. After working for the state, I see the damn lie sales tax is and always will be. Taxing the movement, production, and selling of some form of product or service compounds government growth through more ways to tax and hurts the little mom/pop business. It makes for more regulation against businesses and more confusion. Sales tax would increase lobby powers. Sales (in NC it is called Sales & Use) tax would grow government and make it more prone to debt. Sales tax ultimately gets passed down on consumers. We do not live in a government free world nor a perfect world. Enough of me complaining about the Sales tax.

Out of all tax, income has seemed to be the simplest way to gather tax. (Waiting for pitch forks and torches from some on here, love y'all =])

My tax plan is called the Cap and Simplify Tax Act or CAST Act for short

I would eliminate Corporate, Custom Duty, Excise and Death/Gift Tax.

There would be one marginal tax rate that would be applied to all Earned Income. The flat rate would be 30% (here comes the bricks and eggs thrown at me).

Hear me out.

Standard deduction would be scrapped for what I call Base Deduction. The Base Deduction is $30000. This would apply to all filing statuses (I want to remove statuses from the forms but Exemptions prohibit it......) and income earners that are eligible to file a return. Exemptions would work the same as previous tax code except for instead of claiming up to 3 dependents, you can only claim up to 3 dependents. $10000 per Exemption. So a family that consist of husband, wife, 2 kids can have up to $70000 tax free.

But wait, there is more!

On top of the Base Deduction and Exemption, the tax filer can claim up to $20000 in Expenses to further lower their tax if filing requirement has been met. There are three ways: Education, Health, and Investment. About the three.

Education: entire school loan (not just interest, also instead of making school free that you pay for what you put in) for the bachelor or associates degree, claiming private school, interest deductions at above bachelors level, professional certificates, school related expenses.

Health: premiums, co-pays, out-of-pocket, eye, dental, hearing, disability requirements, prescriptions, supplements, health programs; claim the first dollar.

Investment: (three sub-types)
    - Community: local investment (state) and donations
    - Family/Self: child care, health savings account, education savings account, work related expenses, home mortgage interest
    - Retirement: age moved to 66 and 70, no limits to contributions to your retirement accounts.

Total combined as stated before $20000 which comes at the discretion of the taxpayer between the three categories.

No more tax credits and income phaseout provisions, thresholds to be minimal. All taxpayers can take Base Deduction and Exemption as well as claiming Expense Deduction.

Social Security is non-taxable. Unemployment is to be filed if total income meets filing requirement. Government Assistance is to be filed as added income on top of earned income if total income meets filing requirement. If Government Assistance causes balance, taxpayer is to pay $0. Any taxpayer who received Government Assistance is disqualified from receiving a refund except for what is paid in through withholding. Minimum to file a tax return, income must meet or exceed Base Deduction plus Exemption(s).

Calculating:

(All Earned Income + Government Assistance + Unemployment) - ((Base Deduction + Exemption(s)) + Expense Deduction) = Taxable Amount

Taxable Amount * Tax Rate = Tax Balance/Refund

Tax Balance - Withholding = Tax Due or Refund + Withholding = Total Refund

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The goal is streamline, minimize the code, have a tax code that adapts to all. The Expense Deduction is Life Cycle Focused. I want for pro-business, pro-growth, and pro-family. I wanted a tax code that applies to all the same way by the same rules. No more ETIC and no more AMT. I have not got into our horrendous spending in which created the debt hell hole that we are in.

You seem to have a plan for a lot of changes with minimum impact. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I appreciate you laying your views out there though.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    You seem to have a plan for a lot of changes with minimum impact. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I appreciate you laying your views out there though.
    Thanks for the response!

Can you explain? I like questions and input. What needs clarity? What do you like and do not like?

I want to phase out corporate subsidies, analyze our spending and make cuts while bring more transparency to the public. I also want real tax reform.

If representatives focused on tax reform, spending reform and transparency most issues (not all) would absolve itself in government.

I got a full minute giggle out of that statement.. in fact... reading it again bwhahahah
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I got a full minute giggle out of that statement.. in fact... reading it again bwhahahah
    I knew I would get crucified.........

I didn't mean your statement LLP.. it was that sentence..
    now picture Granny Clampette saying it...
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast