Thread: No Evidence of Aloe Vera Found in the Aloe Vera at Wal-Mart, CVS

No Evidence of Aloe Vera Found in the Aloe Vera at Wal-Mart, CVS

https://science.slashdot.org/story/1...t-wal-mart-cvs

The aloe vera gel many Americans buy to soothe damaged skin contains no evidence of aloe vera at all. Samples of store-brand aloe gel purchased at national retailers Wal-Mart, Target and CVS showed no indication of the plant in various lab tests. The products all listed aloe barbadensis leaf juice -- another name for aloe vera -- as either the No. 1 ingredient or No. 2 after water. There's no watchdog assuring that aloe products are what they say they are. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn't approve cosmetics before they're sold and has never levied a fine for selling fake aloe. That means suppliers are on an honor system, even as the total U.S. market for aloe products, including drinks and vitamins, has grown 11 percent in the past year to $146 million, according to Chicago-based market researcher SPINS LLC. "You have to be very careful when you select and use aloe products," said Tod Cooperman, president of White Plains, New York-based ConsumerLab.com, which has done aloe testing. Aloe's three chemical markers -- acemannan, malic acid and glucose -- were absent in the tests for Wal-Mart, Target and CVS products conducted by a lab hired by Bloomberg News. The three samples contained a cheaper element called maltodextrin, a sugar sometimes used to imitate aloe. The gel that's sold at another retailer, Walgreens, contained one marker, malic acid, but not the other two.
    Reminds me of no meat in Taco Bell Taco Meat too...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you think all Maine lobsters come from Maine?

"free market at work" is what the statists are saying

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Ofc this doesn't remind you of any such occasion because there has never been a time when taco bell made meat tacos with NO meat.

I am so sick of the deception.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Maybe government should regulate products to make sure they contain what they say they do. Or there should be a completely free market where they can make whatever claims- real or not- they want to. Vitamins are also unregulated and may or may not contain what the label says- "caveat emptor"- buyer beware.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-23-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Do you think all Maine lobsters come from Maine?
    At least they are still lobsters.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Ofc this doesn't remind you of any such occasion because there has never been a time when taco bell made meat tacos with NO meat.
    Well now...

It looks bad but passable... until you learn that—according to the Alabama law firm suing Taco Bell—only 36% of that is beef. Thirty-six percent. The other 64% is mostly tasteless fibers, various industrial additives and some flavoring and coloring. Everything is processed into a mass that actually looks like beef, and packed into big containers labeled as "taco meat filling." These containers get shipped to Taco Bell's outlets and cooked into something that looks like beef, is called beef and is advertised as beef by the fast food chain.

Can you call beef something that looks like ground beef but it's 64% lots-of-other-stuff? Taco Bell thinks they can.

That's the reason why an Alabama law firm is presenting a class action lawsuit for false advertising—they are not asking for any money—saying that the fake Mexican food maker should label their processed clustermass of disgust as what it really is in all promotional materials, following USDA laws. It appears that they have a very good point.

According to the USDA, Taco Bell can't call this mixture "beef" at all. Beef is officially defined as "flesh of cattle", and ground beef is defined as:

Chopped fresh and/or frozen beef with or without seasoning and without the addition of beef fat as such, shall not contain more than 30 percent fat, and shall not contain added water, phosphates, binders, or extenders.

That is certainly nothing like the mix that they are using in their products.

The law firm argues that the meatmud correctly labeled as "taco meat filling" in the industrial packaging should be labeled in exactly the same way in all advertising and packaging, as the USDA mandates. Of course, the All-New Double Decker with Two Times More Taco Meat Filling would not sound very good on TV.

The right to know

Taco Bell's meat filling looks like ground beef before and after cooking, but it has been augmented with fibers and other substances to keep the price low. That's how they can offer tacos for 99 cents—and that's fine: There's absolutely nothing wrong with their processed mixture apart from being gross.

The problem here is that the consumers may believe that this "meat filling" is actually beef while it's not. If it looks like beef, it's labeled as beef, and it's advertised as beef, then it must be beef—except that substance is not beef. It's just "meat filling". That could deceive the public, which is why there is a class action lawsuit in the works. Consumers have the right to easily learn what they are eating before making a decision to eat a taco or not, just like they need to know before buying cloned meat or genetically modified vegetables or products containing corn syrup.

The final irony: The USDA says that any food labeled as "meat taco filling" should at least have 40% fresh meat. According to the Alabama law firm, Taco Bell stuff only has 36% meat. Perhaps they should call it Almost Taco Meat Filling.
    http://jezebel.com/5742413/this-is-w...aco-bells-beef
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Maybe government should regulate products to make sure they contain what they say they do. Or there should be a completely free market where they can make whatever claims- real or not- they want to. Vitamins are also unregulated and may or may not contain what the label says- "caveat emptor"- buyer beware.
    Or maybe consumers/retailers who get duped should sue the offenders out of business. Or maybe other companies can earn an honest living certifying claims.

nothing wrong with those companies so long as they are not taxpayer funded

Consumers have the right to easily learn what they are eating before making a decision to eat a taco or not, just like they need to know before buying cloned meat or genetically modified vegetables or products containing corn syrup.
    So much fail. No such right exists. Nor does any such need.

ETA: Oh it's Jezebel, aka PMSing progressives.
    Last edited by angelatc; 12-04-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    nothing wrong with those companies so long as they are not taxpayer funded
    In these forums the same people were upset that a product called Just Mayo was getting grief from Fed Gov because it is not really mayo.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post

With Lawsuit Over, Taco Bell's Mystery Meat Is A Mystery No Longer

The law firm that filed a class-action lawsuit against Taco Bell in January alleging that the fast-food chain's seasoned beef wasn't beefy enough to be called beef said Monday it was throwing in the tortilla.
    It also released videos that defended its beef filling on YouTube. The company insisted that its product is 88 percent beef, not 35 percent as an attorney from the firm had claimed.

In a statement Monday, Beasley Allen said it was satisfied with Taco Bell's response to its questions. "From the inception of this case, we stated that if Taco Bell would make certain changes regarding disclosure and marketing of its 'seasoned beef' product, the case could be dismissed," said Dee Miles, a Beasley Allen attorney. The firm did not respond to a request from Shots for further detail on its decision.

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed said in the statement that the withdrawal of the suit "sets the record straight about the high quality of our seasoned beef and the integrity of our advertising." Furthermore, he said, "We took great exception to the false claims made about our seasoned beef and wish the attorneys had contacted us before filing and publicizing a lawsuit that disparaged our brand."
    Last edited by robert68; 12-04-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Ah, the high quality of their "meat filling", surely that must have been why I always use to feel sick to my stomach immediately after eating that junk food--same to McCrappies.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    More reinforcement of my post, 38% beef is not No Meat. Also, Robert88 post shows that the 38% is more like 88% and all of that was a false alarm. Btw, I am not even a frequent fast food eater but taco bell meat don't make me sick at all. And millions of other are just fine with the meat.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I assume walmart, target, CVS will drop that supplier
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Not my neon blue skin pudding! It was only $.99!

Guess I'll have to buy a gallon of neon green to pump on.

Second thought, that maltodextrin works pretty good!

Sounds like fraud if it can be proved.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    More reinforcement of my post, 38% beef is not No Meat. Also, Robert88 post shows that the 38% is more like 88% and all of that was a false alarm. Btw, I am not even a frequent fast food eater but taco bell meat don't make me sick at all. And millions of other are just fine with the meat.
    Well according to federal regs it doesn't meet the legal definition, as per the complainant's arguments at least. The claim was figured at 36% beef, I am not sure what testing they did to determine that or why they dropped the suit a Taco Bells mere assertion in a video that percentage is 88%--because if all lawsuits were that easy lawyers would be homeless and broke and poor. Still there is no valid reason to consume plain meat that is less than about 98% actual meat, including organic fats and bones.

I once saw a trailer load of 55 gal drums of aloe coming out of Mexico . I thought then , that must be an expensive load . How many aloe plants would it take to make a drum ?
    Do something Danke

The succulent plant easily gives a lot of aloe snot. Squeeze a tube of toothpaste out -it's quite similar to the yield vs the container.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE