Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whatcha fixin' for Thanksgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Thats about like just eating the pulp right outta the pumpkin , I know because I have tried both .
    She's made the sugar free pumpkin pie in the past and my pumpkin pie loving brother was disappointed. I'm trying to decide if I should tell him it's another one of her pies or if I should let him learn the hard way. Pecan pie is my favorite fall pie. In the summer, I like cherry, blueberry, and peach. Once, I saw a 5 fruit pie at Sam's Club and gave it a shot. I have to admit, it was pretty damn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not a big apple pie fan but when I'm drunk I get one with cheese on it at the Waffle House.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Ask if you can borrow the TV since she will not be needing it. I wonder what else she got ?
    Walmart didn't let her keep the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    She's made the sugar free pumpkin pie in the past and my pumpkin pie loving brother was disappointed. I'm trying to decide if I should tell him it's another one of her pies or if I should let him learn the hard way. Pecan pie is my favorite fall pie. In the summer, I like cherry, blueberry, and peach. Once, I saw a 5 fruit pie at Sam's Club and gave it a shot. I have to admit, it was pretty damn good.
    The Mrs made pies today for the next four days , I ate a pc of Cherry and about half of a Pecan pie .
    Do something Danke

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I forgot

a ham and baked beans.
    Are you breaking out the fancy bottled wine instead of a box?

I usually make gravy. It is the one thing I learned how to do well I think.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

The Mrs made pies today for the next four days , I ate a pc of Cherry and about half of a Pecan pie .
    I see you've been busy. I hope you had time for a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Are you breaking out the fancy bottled wine instead of a box?

I usually make gravy. It is the one thing I learned how to do well I think.
    Yes, I went to Aldi's and bought the $3.00 bottles of Winking Owl. I have it sitting on the garage floor chilling as I type - no room in the fridge and my garage beer cooler broke a few weeks ago. I have a box of back up wine, though. And for Christmas, I bought a cool stocking/wine flask that has a tap on the toe. I won't get it in time for Thanksgiving but I predict we're gonna have some fun with that thing this month.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santas-stocking-flask-wine-bag-6311.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	5377

Been fixin' a Toyota,, and a computer.

fixin' to drive up to Washington where I will likely be fixin' some pies.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Not a big apple pie fan but when I'm drunk I get one with cheese on it at the Waffle House.

So you're a regular.......
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    So you're a regular.......
    Back in the day the waitresses knew my name.

I'm going to a good friend's house with my mom and sister, so I'm not cooking the dinner, just bringing a side dish.

It's not really a Thanksgiving dish, but I think I'm going to make garlic sesame Asparagus. Hopefully I won't mess it up.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

The boy is going over to his gf's house for Thanksgiving so I'm prolly tv traying it solo. It's just another day as far as I'm concerned.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More drama today. My niece's crazy husband called me from his Obama/Bush phone and asked me to take her "whites". She needed white bras, underpants, and t-shirts. He didn't have enough minutes left to give me a size so I winged it. So I'm busy fixin' dinner for these jackholes and they call me to take crazy some "whites" in jail. For $#@!s sake...

And to top it off, I cussed out my mom's boyfriend's granddaughter. She's had it coming...bitch had to learned her boundary's the hard way. She was mean to my momma - who's done nothing to her and I was so mad I was shaking. I don't get mad like that often. After I cussed her out (gotta talk to people like that in language they can understand), I told her to put her granddaddy on the phone so I could give him a piece of my mind. I told him he owed my mom an apology and he owed me $30.00 for pies - I padded the bill. He's coming tomorrow but I'm still mad. Mr Animal tried to calm me down but I don't take being rude to my momma lightly.

The wheels are falling this train wreck of a family.

More drama today. My niece's crazy husband called me from his Obama/Bush phone and asked me to take her "whites". She needed white bras, underpants, and t-shirts. He didn't have enough minutes left to give me a size so I winged it. So I'm busy fixin' dinner for these jackholes and they call me to take crazy some "whites" in jail. For $#@!s sake...

And to top it off, I cussed out my mom's boyfriend's granddaughter. She's had it coming...bitch had to learned her boundary's the hard way. She was mean to my momma - who's done nothing to her and I was so mad I was shaking. I don't get mad like that often. After I cussed her out (gotta talk to people like that in language they can understand), I told her to put her granddaddy on the phone so I could give him a piece of my mind. I told him he owed my mom an apology and he owed me $30.00 for pies - I padded the bill. He's coming tomorrow but I'm still mad. Mr Animal tried to calm me down but I don't take being rude to my momma lightly.

The wheels are falling this train wreck of a family.
    Can someone translate this for me?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I took my niece underpants in jail, cooked dinner, and showed my momma's boyfriend's granddaughter who the alpha bitch is in this family. She lied so she could exclude my momma from their Thanksgiving dinner and it hurt my mom's feelings.

Why can you only have white panties in jail? I went to Walmart and bought her a big pack of giant granny panties. When I got to the jail, I found out she could only have two pair. Her idiot husband didn't mention that part.

These people make my brother who lives in the trailer with the water tower, Mercedes, and pool in the front yard (he also thinks Obama is the "Leopard" - don't ask) look sane.

He said he was low on minutes on the Obama phone. I wish I knew how to take a pic of the $#@!ed up text he sent me. Weirdo...

The wheels are falling this train wreck off of a family.
    I forgot the word off in the last line. I went out to celebrate being done with cooking.

Asereje...ja....de je...de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva majavi an de bugui an de buididipi. Ah nana na, nana na, nana nana naaa. Nuh nana na nana na nana nana na. Asereje...ja...heh.

That was funny, though, what Suz said. I was giggling like a mofo reading it. The $30.00 for pies finished me off.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-24-2016 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzilush View Post

The wheels are falling this train wreck off of a family.

I forgot the word off in the last line. I went out to celebrate being done with cooking.
    Oh...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2-shots espresso
    1-shot Kahlua
    1-shot Baileys

G-mornin' Suz...............Go get 'em!

Oh...
    The wheels are falling off this train wreck of a family.
    I fixed it. I put off in the wrong spot last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Asereje...ja....de je...de jebe tu de jebere seibiunouva majavi an de bugui an de buididipi. Ah nana na, nana na, nana nana naaa. Nuh nana na nana na nana nana na. Asereje...ja...heh.

That was funny, though, what Suz said. I was giggling like a mofo reading it. The $30.00 for pies finished me off.
    I need some Las Ketchup this morning.

and an Avil
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 11-24-2016 at 07:52 AM.

I wish I knew how to take a pic of the $#@!ed up text he sent me.
    How to take a screenshot on an iPhone:

While press-and-holding the Power button press the Home button. The screen will do a little "refresh" to let you know it worked. The pic will be in your Photos folder.

you have to hit the Home button rather quickly before it goes into sleep mode.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 11-24-2016 at 08:13 AM.

As soon as people heard I'm frying my turkey, all I've gotten is a bunch of oil advice. I'm frying it in cheap veg oil and I told all the peanut oil people if they want me to fry it in peanut oil, they needed to buy it because I've already spent too much on this $#@!ed up family feast.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    2-shots espresso
    1-shot Kahlua
    1-shot Baileys

G-mornin' Suz...............Go get 'em!
    I tried a plain coffee but I ended up putting a shot of Baileys in it. I didn't have any Kahlua. It's helping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	225066-Without-Coffee-Funny-Minion-Quote.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	5384

Not cooking this year..we are going to my 94 year old aunt's retirement community dinner with my cousin and his 12 year old spoiled brat son (kid had an iphone at 8). He and his wife are uber liberal socialists and my aunt is a conservative Jehovah Witness with dementia. Fun times.

People are suppose to start getting here at noon so I guess I should go put on some pants. Have a good one, everyone!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As soon as people heard I'm frying my turkey, all I've gotten is a bunch of oil advice. I'm frying it in cheap veg oil and I told all the peanut oil people if they want me to fry it in peanut oil, they needed to buy it because I've already spent too much on this $#@!ed up family feast.
    What!

You mean you're not going to dunk your $30.00 bird in $100.00 worth of oil?

Well, that didn't last long, lol. Ya caved on making stuffing pudding in 6 minutes.
    I was going to leave it up to others in the family until they said "Stove Top Stuffing." NFW

I bet you end up making everything, washing the dishes and giving out foot massages.
    I'm a chiropractor and a massage therapist. I forbid myself to do any of that type of work on my day off. My wife is the exception but she had better give something back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast