Thread: Rand Paul Says He Will Question Trumpís CIA Pick Over Surveillance Powers

Rand Paul Says He Will Question Trumpís CIA Pick Over Surveillance Powers

Rand Paul Says He Will Question Trumpís CIA Pick Over Surveillance Powers
    The Kentucky Senator says Rep. Mike Pompeoís support of the Patriot Act and the NSAís mass collection programs is cause for concern.

Hamza Shaban
    Nov. 20, 2016

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, the first sitting Republican to oppose any of Donald Trumpís potential cabinet picks, is now questioning the president-electís choice for director of the CIA.

ďIím a fierce advocate of privacy,Ē Sen. Paul said on CBSís Face the Nation Sunday. ďIíll continue to be an equal opportunity defender of the Bill of Rights, whether itís a Republican or a Democrat president.Ē

Referring to Rep. Pompeoís support of the Patriot Act and the NSAís mass collection programs, Sen. Paul said, ďIt does concern me.Ē

ď[Pompeoís] been for expanding NSA powers. Many of the NSA powers were done, I think, in secret, without the knowledge of most members of Congress. Even some members who are authors or co-authors of the Patriot Act said, ĎWe never intended for them to collect all that data in Utah, and they didnít tell us,Ēí Paul said, referring to the NSAís massive data storage facility code-named ďBumblehive.Ē

ďSo one of my questions for Pompeo will be: Are their secret programs that even Congress doesnít know about?Ē

read more:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/hamzashaban...Yq#.xp35PYG123

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/rareliberty/stat...31562874638336
    Twitter: B4Liberty@USAB4L
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    ďThey are what they hate.Ē - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This is a very good time for Rand.

“So one of my questions for Pompeo will be: Are their secret programs that even Congress doesn’t know about?”
    And he will lie to all of you and tell you "no".

Like cops, they know there is no credible threat of prosecution for that, unlike us mundanes.

Great! It will be awesome if he can stop his confirmation. So far he's Trump's worst pick for any position.

Rand needs to go Fox Mulder (later seasons) on this guy.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,