Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry in NH

Exclamation Constitutional Carry in NH

shout out to @Keith and stuff

OK, now that we got a GOP majority and Gov...who, where and how is the best way to reach out and get the ball rolling on CCCW?

I want to see this happen this year.

PM me with an email and I'll send all my contact info again.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is already set in motion. In fact I would almost say that it is pretty much a done deal... it has already passed the legislature (twice I think?) and Sununu is on record saying he'll support it: http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/2...-changes-in-nh

There is also a possibility that Texas will pass it too with the help of Ron Paul supporter Jon Stickland.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    It is already set in motion. In fact I would almost say that it is pretty much a done deal... it has already passed the legislature (twice I think?) and Sununu is on record saying he'll support it: http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/2...-changes-in-nh

There is also a possibility that Texas will pass it too with the help of Ron Paul supporter Jon Stickland.
    Yes, I am aware that he will sign it, but I think it has to go through the process once again, after the last one was vetoed, or maybe it was marked ITL.

Was reading a number of articles that stated that what doomed Ayotte in the Senate race was her weaksauce stance on guns.

If you want to help, I would join these guys as they will be playing in NH on this issue:
    https://nationalgunrights.org/join

There is an upcoming webinar in a few days on this very topic actually. It's only $15, you should take a listen:
    https://secure.piryx.com/donate/3hRv...on2ndamendment
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If you want to help, I would join these guys as they will be playing in NH on this issue:
    https://nationalgunrights.org/join

There is an upcoming webinar in a few days on this very topic actually. It's only $15, you should take a listen:
    https://secure.piryx.com/donate/3hRv...on2ndamendment
    Thanks Matt, I'll check it out.

Glad I moved here.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    Glad I moved here.
    If you don't mind posting, or me asking, where from and where are you now?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If you don't mind posting, or me asking, where from and where are you now?
    liberhell MA and now in the southern Keene area.
    Been here just over a year. The dogs are just getting used to the gunshots everywhere all the time. Aaahhhh. The sounds of freedom. I love it.
    Last edited by scm; 11-20-2016 at 12:42 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    liberhell MA and now in the southern Keene area.
    Been here just over a year. The dogs are just getting used to the gunshots everywhere all the time. Aaahhhh. The sounds of freedom. I love it.
    Glad to have you onboard and welcome.

I've been here almost 15 years now and wouldn't consider living anywhere else.

shout out to @Keith and stuff

OK, now that we got a GOP majority and Gov...who, where and how is the best way to reach out and get the ball rolling on CCCW?

I want to see this happen this year.

PM me with an email and I'll send all my contact info again.
    One of the last two years, it was Sen. Bradley's bill that Gov. Hassan vetoed. He is bringing something back, hopefully it is the exact same wording, as that would have been the best Constitutional Carry law in the nation.

It isn't a bill yet, but here is the Legislative Service Request information.

2017-0140 SB Title: repealing the licensing requirement for carrying a concealed pistol or revolver.
    Sponsors: (Prime) Jeb Bradley
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    One of the last two years, it was Sen. Bradley's bill that Gov. Hassan vetoed. He is bringing something back, hopefully it is the exact same wording, as that would have been the best Constitutional Carry law in the nation.

It isn't a bill yet, but here is the Legislative Service Request information.

2017-0140 SB Title: repealing the licensing requirement for carrying a concealed pistol or revolver.
    Sponsors: (Prime) Jeb Bradley
    Bradley's my senator and damn near my neighbor...I'll be sure to contact him.

Thanks.

Bradley's my senator and damn near my neighbor...I'll be sure to contact him.

Thanks.
    Thank you for your service. Here is his excellent bill that was vetoed.

SB 116-FN – FINAL VERSION

29Apr2015… 1322h

06/11/2015 2149EBA

2015 SESSION

15-0872

04/09

SENATE BILL 116-FN

AN ACT repealing the license requirement for carrying a concealed pistol or revolver.

SPONSORS: Sen. Bradley, Dist 3; Sen. Boutin, Dist 16; Rep. Hoell, Merr 23

COMMITTEE: Judiciary

ANALYSIS

This bill:

I. Increases the length of time for which a license to carry a pistol or revolver is valid.

II. Allows a person to carry a loaded, concealed pistol or revolver without a license unless such person is otherwise prohibited by New Hampshire statute.

III. Requires the director of the division of state police to negotiate and enter into agreements with other jurisdictions to recognize in those jurisdictions the validity of the license to carry issued in this state.

IV. Repeals the requirement to obtain a license to carry a concealed pistol or revolver.
    more here http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...15/SB0116.html
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Thanks again Keith...I'll be home in a couple of weeks if you want to give me a call about this.

You should still have my number.

Thanks again Keith...I'll be home in a couple of weeks if you want to give me a call about this.

You should still have my number.

It appears to be the exact same bill that the governor vetoed in 2015. We likely can't see the text until next year or so. This still wouldn't allow loaded long guns in a car, as that is a separate issue. But a separate LSR was already filed to deal with that. I suspect it has slightly less chance of passing.

Anyway, back to the comprehensive Constitutional Carry LSR. It looks the same. This is great news. Here is the summary on Instagram.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BODpBIXD...l_kKcmqDquQs0/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Contacted Bradley today.

Contacted Bradley today.
    List of sponsors is out. It has more senators as co-sponsors than any other piece of legislation. That's an excellent sign. This should sail through the senate with all 14 Republicans supporting it.

Sponsors: (Prime) Sen. Jeb Bradley, Sen. Chuck Morse, Sen. Sharon Carson, Sen. Andy Sanborn, Sen. John Reagan, Sen. Regina Birdsell, Sen. Kevin Avard, Sen. Bob Giuda, Sen. James Gray, Sen. Ruth Ward, Sen. Daniel Innis, House Majority Leader Richard Hinch, Rep. Howard Pearl, Rep. Daniel Itse, Rep. James Spillane, and Rep. Michael Harrington
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 12-22-2016 at 06:22 PM.

This still wouldn't allow loaded long guns in a car, as that is a separate issue. But a separate LSR was already filed to deal with that. I suspect it has slightly less chance of passing.
    This bill is out. It is HB84. I was pleasantly surprised that of the 4 sponsors, 2 are Democrats!

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/bill...illnumber=hb84
    Docket of HB84
    Bill Title: relative to carrying a loaded rifle, shotgun, or crossbow in a vehicle or boat.

Official Docket of HB84:
    Date Body Description
    12/21/2016 H To Be Introduced 01/04/2017 and referred to Fish and Game and Marine Resources

Great news.

I've contacted everybody in my area to have them support both.

Final comments on Ayotte’s defeat…

http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/

by NHFC, Inc. on November 12, 2016

We have been hearing from a few gun owners who were confused by the grade we gave to anti-gun, soon to be former US Senator Kelly Ayotte, I have decided to send everyone an email explanation.

NHFC does not grade candidates based upon who their opponent is or whether or not we or the pollsters think a particular candidate is able to win an election. We issue our grades based solely on a candidates track record on Second Amendment issues while in office. In the case of candidates who have not held elective office we grade based upon their answers to a comprehensive candidate questionnaire as well as any other available information. For example, support of another anti-gun candidate will earn a down grade.

Sadly, in the post Newtown clamor for new gun control, Kelly Ayotte refused to support filibusters that were begun to stop the anti-gun bills. In addition, she voted to confirm anti-gun Loretta Lynch as US Attorney General. And more recently she voted for cloture on the Feinstein semi-auto gun ban bill. Thus, allowing this dangerous anti-gun bill to move to the Senate floor for consideration by the full Senate. Ayotte said all she wanted was a debate. However, her vote risked passage of a new semi-auto firearm and magazine ban. Also, back in 2014, during a hotly Republican primary she took sides and endorsed anti-gun carpetbagger Scott Brown for US Senate. Following the 2014 election of new State Representatives, Kelly Ayotte meddled in the race for Speaker of the New Hampshire House of Representatives. We were left with a less than 100% pro-gun speaker.

Kelly has earned her D.

Click here to read her 2010 survey responses. Most of which turned out to be lies.

Some people have called us some very not nice names for grading Aaron Day A*S. Mr. Day was an independent candidate for US Senate and he returned a 100% pro-gun survey. We have an obligation to tell firearms owners the truth. Some are blaming Mr. Day for Ayotte’s loss, they told us: “you should know Day couldn’t win”. We don’t know that. Any candidate has an opportunity to win any election. Just 2 years ago little known David Brat beat the US House Majority Leader. As I explained above, we don’t grade based upon pollsters opinions or anyone elses perception of a candidates chances of winning. We grade based on a person’s support or non-support of the Second Amendment. Period.

Some have blamed NHFC for Ayotte’s loss. Ayotte has only herself and her bad behavior to blame for her loss. We just reported the truth to tens of thousands of New Hampshire Firearms owners. If Kelly Ayotte had kept her promises she would have received a better grade and may have even won the election.

NHFC will never waver from our commitment to holding public officials accountable for their actions by informing and educating New Hampshire firearms owners. If these public officials and their supporters do not like this then they should implore people like Kelly Ayotte to unconditionally support the Second Amendment. If Ayotte had unconditionally supported the Second Amendment she probably would have been reelected.

Thanks for your support.

In Liberty,
    Scott A. Krauss
    President – NHFC

SB12 passed a NH Senate committee yesterday. Now it goes to the full NH Senate. The vote is expected to be around 14 to 10, with all 14 Republicans expected to vote for it. This bill is on a fast track because the NH Senate leadership, NH House leadership, and the Governor all strongly support it.

As written, this is the best Constitutional Carry bill in the nation. If it becomes law, it will be very obvious that NH has the best firearm laws in the nation. While the NH Senate isn't expected to amend the bill, it is possible that the NH House might amend the bill. Feel free to contact your elected officials and ask them to support and pass SB12, the Constitutional Carry bill, as written. Look up your elected officials here. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/

A story about SB12.
    http://www.guns.com/2017/01/11/new-h...-of-committee/

SB12 passed a NH Senate committee yesterday. Now it goes to the full NH Senate. The vote is expected to be around 14 to 10, with all 14 Republicans expected to vote for it. This bill is on a fast track because the NH Senate leadership, NH House leadership, and the Governor all strongly support it.

As written, this is the best Constitutional Carry bill in the nation. If it becomes law, it will be very obvious that NH has the best firearm laws in the nation. While the NH Senate isn't expected to amend the bill, it is possible that the NH House might amend the bill. Feel free to contact your elected officials and ask them to support and pass SB12, the Constitutional Carry bill, as written. Look up your elected officials here. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/

A story about SB12.
    http://www.guns.com/2017/01/11/new-h...-of-committee/
    Thanks for the update.

One of my reps in the in the house just resigned, but both voted for it 2016 and should again.

I just got back in town and I'll contact the other.

The relevant New Hampshire House committee recommended the bill Ought to Pass on a 12 to 8 vote today. If everything goes right, the full House should pass the bill on Thursday the 9th. The governor is pushing hard for the bill. When he signs it, it will take effect. Then, New Hampshire will have the best concealed carry law in the nation.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    URGENT: Please Call Gov. Sununu Right Away!
    Please politely call Gov. Chris Sununu (603-271-2121) and ask him to ignore the anti-gun Leftists who are trying to suppress your Second Amendment rights. Use the Talking Points below to express your support for SB 12, the Constitutional Carry measure which is before him.
    http://gunowners.org/alert02152017a.htm

Dear Friend:

I need you to pick up your phone right away.Your gun rights are at stake!

The Constitutional Carry bill (SB 12) that was passed by both chambers is now headed to Gov. Chris Sununu’s desk.

And gun grabbers are losing their minds.

If this bill gets signed into law, you won’t need a permission slip to defend your life.

If this bill becomes law, innocent people can’t be arrested for having a constitutional right without proper permission slips.

That’s why foaming-at-the-mouth gun grabbers are now trying to convince Gov. Sununu to veto SB 12.

Which is why I need you to call Gov. Sununu right away!

GOA warned you last week how former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg would spend part of his billions to defeat this bill.

Well, one of Bloomberg’s subsidiary groups -- misnamed as Everytown for Gun Safety -- is generating calls into the governor’s office.

And if our past experience with Bloomberg’s Everytown group is being repeated here, they are even generating the calls from out-of-state.
    Talking Points for Gov. Sununu

(Call the Governor at 603-271-2121)

1. There are already 12 other states that allow for Constitutional Carry, and they are 12 of the safest states in the country.

Two of the first states to pass Constitutional Carry in this century were Alaska (2003) and Arizona (2010). Both states saw their murder rates decline by 30% in the first five years their permitless carry laws were in effect.

Vermont has been a Constitutional Carry state since the beginning of our republic, and it is frequently ranked as the Safest State in the Union.

2. Over 90% of police nationwide support the principle of concealed carry for law-abiding citizens, according to a PoliceOne.com survey.

And law enforcement in states like Idaho and Maine have stated their public support for Constitutional Carry.

3. New Hampshire already has constitutional carry for Open Carry. That is, one doesn’t need to beg permission to carry a handgun openly. So should a person, who is carrying a gun openly, become a criminal for pulling his shirt or jacket over his weapon? Or should one become a criminal for stepping into a car with a loaded gun openly displayed on his or her hip -- something which is currently illegal today? No, and that's just some of the reasons why we need SB 12 signed into law.

4. Finally, it’s important to remind Gov. Sununu that this bill will not let criminals carry guns. After all, it is illegal for them to do so, even though they already carry guns illegally!

The relevant New Hampshire House committee recommended the bill Ought to Pass on a 12 to 8 vote today. If everything goes right, the full House should pass the bill on Thursday the 9th. The governor is pushing hard for the bill. When he signs it, it will take effect. Then, New Hampshire will have the best concealed carry law in the nation.

And this is what will happen in neighboring Mass:

That is a wrap folks. The first clean Constitutional Carry bill to ever be signed into law was signed in Concord, New Hampshire this morning.

Out $#@!ing standing!

Thank you Keith, for your continued hard work.
    @Keith and stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast