Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Designers Won't Dress the Trumps,' Source Says, as Sophie Theallet Writes Open Letter Refusin

'Designers Won't Dress the Trumps,' Source Says, as Sophie Theallet Writes Open Letter Refusin

Whaddya think her stance is on gay cakes?

'Designers Won't Dress the Trumps,' Source Says, as Sophie Theallet Writes Open Letter Refusing to Dress Melania

A week and a half after Donald Trump officially became America’s new President-Elect, the reverberations of that decisions can still be felt far and wide. Not only from the thousands of protestors taking to the streets in major capitals across our country, but also the surge in charitable activism, involvement in local government, and the daily calls to protest this or that brand based on stances they’ve taken about our future POTUS. But designer Sophie Theallet has flipped the script on those ubiquitous calls to boycott, announcing that instead it is she and her brand who will be boycotting Trump and his wife, Melania, refusing to lend her any of her designs.

This is a bold stance for Theallet, considering the designer has dressed First Lady Michelle Obama in the past, but in her open letter posted to her Twitter account today she made no bones about the fact that she will not be fashion to the incoming FLOTUS. In the letter, the designer writes, “As an independent fashion brand, we consider our voice an expression of our artistic and philosophical ideas. The Sophie Theallet brand stands against all discrimination and prejudice. Our runway shows, ad campaigns, and celebrity dressing have always been a celebration of diversity and a reflection of the world we live in.”

http://people.com/style/sophie-theal...tter_peoplemag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol, nobody cares but the self righteous liberal Bolsheviks whether she dresses Melania or not. Melania is probably glad she doesn't have to turn her down.
    "The Patriarch"

Lol, nobody cares but the self righteous liberal Bolsheviks whether she dresses Melania or not. Melania is probably glad she doesn't have to turn her down.
    I'd enjoy turning her down but I'm kind of petty that way.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Melania has pretty good taste, and Donald always looks flawless except his hair. I think they can manage without Theallet.

The Trumps always look great. Even when she was about to pop, Ivanka had very cute maternity clothes. You can count on Eric to have the gray suit, white shirt, and nice tie. Don Jr. always looks great. Tiffani looks cute. Barron likes to dress well. The grandkids always look cute.

I think they will do okay.

Compared to a lot of first ladies, I don't think Michelle compares well. Mamie Eisenhower was a fashion plate all the time. Jackie Kennedy was classic and iconic. Lady Bird and the girls were beautiful. Pat Nixon and Betty Ford were not known for fashion. Neither was Rosalynn Carter, but I think she learned some things along the way. Nancy Reagan was classic, and while not a stunning beauty, Barbara Bush always dressed well. Laura Bush was often criticized, but she always dressed well and kept a pleasant expression on her face. Hillary was and is a frump, and so is Michelle.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-19-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

She used to be a model. I am guessing she has friends in the business.

She does not need designers. Designers need her.

Wear a burlap suit and a feed sack on your head for all I care.

Friends in the business, indeed. Including her stepdaughter.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'd enjoy turning her down but I'm kind of petty that way.

Oh, whatever shall we do.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL!
    FREE ADVERTISING!
    What a brave stance! They've risked losing all of their rust belt clientele. They may have to cancel their spring coal miner line now.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Well I didn't think Melania needed tranny clothes anyways, so probably no real loss.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

QUoting myself here, because I want to tag @Anti Federalist. My husband said "I like sundresses but that looks like something someone could make at home!"

I said, "Yeah, Michelle Obama doesn't wear clothes well."

He said, "Oh, that was her wearing it? That explains it. "

QUoting myself here, because I want to tag @Anti Federalist. My husband said "I like sundresses but that looks like something someone could make at home!"

I said, "Yeah, Michelle Obama doesn't wear clothes well."

He said, "Oh, that was her wearing it? That explains it. "
    DW has made better looking clothes than that at home, and she never even took a sewing class.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Melania has pretty good taste, and Donald always looks flawless except his hair. I think they can manage without Theallet.

The Trumps always look great. Even when she was about to pop, Ivanka had very cute maternity clothes. You can count on Eric to have the gray suit, white shirt, and nice tie. Don Jr. always looks great. Tiffani looks cute. Barron likes to dress well. The grandkids always look cute.

I think they will do okay.

Compared to a lot of first ladies, I don't think Michelle compares well. Mamie Eisenhower was a fashion plate all the time. Jackie Kennedy was classic and iconic. Lady Bird and the girls were beautiful. Pat Nixon and Betty Ford were not known for fashion. Neither was Rosalynn Carter, but I think she learned some things along the way. Nancy Reagan was classic, and while not a stunning beauty, Barbara Bush always dressed well. Laura Bush was often criticized, but she always dressed well and kept a pleasant expression on her face. Hillary was and is a frump, and so is Michelle.
    I love Ivanka's clothing line. Nice stuff...

I love Ivanka's clothing line. Nice stuff...
    Of course the media is silent, but it's all over Twitter - lots of retailers are quietly dropping the Trump lines.

That's awful. The print is ugly and the style doesn't flatter her shape.

One must make a request before one can refuse it. Don't see where she was asked in the first place. Such silliness.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Melania wears a lot of Prada, Gucci, and Chanel. Very classic.
    #NashvilleStrong

I'm still waiting for a 1st lady who can pull off Daisy Dukes in the White House.

I'm bettin' Trumps ol'lady could but she probably won't...

Diane von Furstenberg Weighs in on Dressing Melania Trump

An industry divided: yet another one of fashion’s foremost leaders has weighed in on the will-they-or-won’t-they dialogue about dressing First Lady Elect Melania Trump.

On the topic, designer Diane von Furstenberg told told Women’s Wear Daily, “Donald Trump was elected and he will be our president. Melania deserves the respect of any first lady before her.”

The 69-year-old CFDA board chair added, “Our role as part of the fashion industry is to promote beauty, inclusiveness, diversity. We should each be the best we can be and influence by our example.”

Von Furstenberg’s stance contrasts from other designers, like Tom Ford, who said earlier this week that he had previously outright declined dressing Trump.

“She’s not necessarily my image,” Ford said on The View, Tuesday.

http://motto.time.com/4588876/diane-...lflow_facebook

"Our role as part of the fashion industry is to promote beauty, inclusiveness, diversity."

That is my motto too.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That's awful. The print is ugly and the style doesn't flatter its shape.
    FTFY
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Good. The first family will look classy. "Designers" tend to be the most tacky, over the top people.

I am a fashion expert , if she wants to check in with me I can help , no charge , I will just bill Danke a little more for something .
    Do something Danke

That's awful. The print is ugly and the style doesn't flatter her shape.
    Isn't that common with first domestic partners?
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Melania will look good all the time. She has good taste and will wear what she likes.
    #NashvilleStrong

This is a bold stance for Theallet, considering the designer has dressed First Lady Michelle Obama in the past...

Theallet dressing Melania would be like a little league coach trying to give batting lessons to Willie Mays.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am a fashion expert , if she wants to check in with me I can help , no charge , I will just bill Danke a little more for something .
    Ya, high fashion:[img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackfoot_American_indians_war+dance_culture_customs.jpg  
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ya, high fashion:[img]
    Melania could rock that look .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I'm still waiting for a 1st lady who can pull off Daisy Dukes in the White House.

I'm bettin' Trumps ol'lady could but she probably won't...

For your viewing recreation. Yeah, she could pull off some ass cheek shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    For your viewing recreation. Yeah, she could pull off some ass cheek shorts.

^^^American Greatness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast