Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Designers Won't Dress the Trumps,' Source Says, as Sophie Theallet Writes Open Letter Refusin

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    QUoting myself here, because I want to tag @Anti Federalist. My husband said "I like sundresses but that looks like something someone could make at home!"

I said, "Yeah, Michelle Obama doesn't wear clothes well."

He said, "Oh, that was her wearing it? That explains it. "
    LOLOLOL.

He's right...looks like a set of re-purposed drapes from a seedy Honolulu hotel.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOLOLOL.

He's right...looks like a set of re-purposed drapes from a seedy Honolulu hotel.

^^^That's a much more flattering cut. The dress Obama was wearing with the pleats around the waist isn't flattering on anyone who's not tiny and even then, it's rather juvenile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't give a flying $#@! who dresses the president's wife. It literally does not even register in my list of political priorities.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I don't give a flying $#@! who dresses the president's wife. It literally does not even register in my list of political priorities.
    OMG. You act as if such an insignificant trivial thing is meaningless. Truth about war, invading nations, lies, drone assassinations - those are insignificant things for MSM. Who Sophie Theallet does not dress has got to have some importance. She does not dress me, and that has to be tremendously important, no?

Think of all the, um, "interesting"outfits we will be missing seeing.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I find it interesting because I think it illustrates the hypocrisy of the statist mind. It's okay to refuse service to someone if you don't like their politics but bake the damn cake or else. I say statist because I there are a few Trump supporters (not on this forum but in comments other places) who are outraged that designers don't care to dress Melania. Melania could go naked, as far as I'm concerned.

Plus, I like fashion. I know a lot of people think it's trivial but...

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Then why did you bother clicking on the thread and taking the time to comment? Clearly, you gave at least a flying $#@! (and maybe even a little $#@!) about what Melania may wear as first lady.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

RIP to Joan Rivers
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

When Jackie became First Lady, the public became enthralled with her simple approach to clothing and beauty. She shepherded women out of the tight waists, crinolines and overly styled hairdos of the 1950s and into sleek shifts, pillbox hats and a more natural approach to makeup that played up the eyes. This image, rather than the later “Jackie O” of neck scarves and wide-legged pants, endures most strongly up to this day, on what would have been her 84th birthday.

Kennedy brought Lilly Pulitzer, little black dresses, three-quarter sleeves, big sunglasses, jeweled sandals and silk scarves to the masses. Today, any store that makes its fortune in simple dressing — we’re looking at you, J.Crew — should salute her.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3660541.html

Jackie Kennedy was the best dressed first lady ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    OMG. You act as if such an insignificant trivial thing is meaningless. Truth about war, invading nations, lies, drone assassinations - those are insignificant things for MSM. Who Sophie Theallet does not dress has got to have some importance. She does not dress me, and that has to be tremendously important, no?

Honestly, who would let her go out in public wearing that crap!!! Those first three pictures have to be a joke...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

People want to define the quality of life for others, so they can stay in their own comfort zone and pretend that their own values have some kind of meaning.

It's no wonder they prefer, deadly, quiet aggression forced on others, mixed with loud drama of "self-worth". They call that, "life".

Ppfffft. muh fashion!
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 12-03-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Honestly, who would let her go out in public wearing that crap!!! Those first three pictures have to be a joke...
    The first 3 are ridiculous. I do not hate 4. I hate the sweater on 5 and 8. 6 and 7 loo ok to me.

But if I were first lady I would need a stylist. I have a style probably best described as thrift store frumpy.

The first 3 are ridiculous. I do not hate 4. I hate the sweater on 5 and 8. 6 and 7 loo ok to me.

But if I were first lady I would need a stylist. I have a style probably best described as thrift store frumpy.
    Thrift store frumpy is ok on the right lady .
    Do something Danke

I buy most of my clothes at thrift stores but they don't have to be frumpy. I'm actually really good at putting outfits together. My formula is easy, too.

First, identify your body weak spots and your best features. For me, My weak spot is my tummy. Thanks to children and Franzia, I don't have the rock hard abs I sported in my twenties. My best feature are my legs. So, I look for short dresses - A-line or a body skimming sheath or pencil pants and skinny jeans.

Undergarments. I don't care how thin you are, wearing proper undergarments makes a huge difference. At Thanksgiving, I was joking about my Spanx being too tight after I ate and my SIL was shocked that I wore a Spanx. I do it because it smooths out the lumps so you look better. Just a fact. And on that note, FIT is very important. Clothes look better on you when they fit you. Hemming sleeves, dresses, and pants makes all the difference. Know your measurements.

Next, I pick very plain clothes with just a small detail that makes it special. For instance, I recently bought a 3/4 sleeve boat neck t-shirt that has little zippers on the shoulders.

And I spice things up with accessories. I have crazy shoes, jackets, scarves and handbags. Last week, I wore a pair of black pencil pants, with a cream turtleneck sweater (with pretty little buttons on the sleeves as an accent), and a cream coat (Mr A calls it my Bond girl coat because it reminds him of the sixties Bond girl clothes) with a leopard scarf, leopard print shoes, and a black patent leather handbag with leopard accent sides. I found a bright print trench coat at the thrift store I plan on pairing with a little black sundress dress for Easter. The coat has hot pink flowers outlined in black. People think I'm nuts when they see some of the crazy accessories I buy but when you use them in moderation, they really jazz things up.

Jewelry. Learn what suits you. I look best in thin drop earrings (not chandeliers) because I have a fat face. Seriously, Mr Animal says I'm shaped like a bobble head.

Of course, a good haircut and proper grooming go a long way, too. And makeup...go for a natural look. Even when I get dressed up, I only wear mascara (fake lashes if I'm going real dressy), a good lipstick, and a touch of blush.

It seems like a lot but it really becomes second nature once you get the hang of it and know what works for you. And I know it sounds vain to put so much effort into your appearance but it does matter. People treat you better when you look good. That's a fact. It also makes you more powerful in social situations. Consciously or subconsciously, you are being judged on how you present yourself and it can mean the difference between getting treated well - even making more money and not.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 12-03-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Number two wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the ridiculous fabric. The cut of the dress is flattering on her. The rest are awful and ill fitting or unflattering. She's too young for most of the outfits and too old for a few.

Number two would look great on her in an off white fabric with black piping - like the ridiculous bow blouse. I would pair it with black patent leather heels. And I would've put her hair up in a nice chignon with a pretty accent pin in the back. I also would've put her in pearl earrings and a stack of pearl bracelets. I think she looks good in off white.

I went back and looked at the pictures again. Surely she is working with some of the top designers...

My best guess is either Mr. Ronald from House McDonald or Bozo himself from Bozo's Circus, maybe both.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I buy most of my clothes at thrift stores but they don't have to be frumpy. I'm actually really good at putting outfits together. My formula is easy, too.

First, identify your body weak spots and your best features. For me, My weak spot is my tummy. Thanks to children and Franzia, I don't have the rock hard abs I sported in my twenties. My best feature are my legs. So, I look for short dresses - A-line or a body skimming sheath or pencil pants and skinny jeans.

Undergarments. I don't care how thin you are, wearing proper undergarments makes a huge difference. At Thanksgiving, I was joking about my Spanx being too tight after I ate and my SIL was shocked that I wore a Spanx. I do it because it smooths out the lumps so you look better. Just a fact. And on that note, FIT is very important. Clothes look better on you when they fit you. Hemming sleeves, dresses, and pants makes all the difference. Know your measurements.

Next, I pick very plain clothes with just a small detail that makes it special. For instance, I recently bought a 3/4 sleeve boat neck t-shirt that has little zippers on the shoulders.

And I spice things up with accessories. I have crazy shoes, jackets, scarves and handbags. Last week, I wore a pair of black pencil pants, with a cream turtleneck sweater (with pretty little buttons on the sleeves as an accent), and a cream coat (Mr A calls it my Bond girl coat because it reminds him of the sixties Bond girl clothes) with a leopard scarf, leopard print shoes, and a black patent leather handbag with leopard accent sides. I found a bright print trench coat at the thrift store I plan on pairing with a little black sundress dress for Easter. The coat has hot pink flowers outlined in black. People think I'm nuts when they see some of the crazy accessories I buy but when you use them in moderation, they really jazz things up.

Jewelry. Learn what suits you. I look best in thin drop earrings (not chandeliers) because I have a fat face. Seriously, Mr Animal says I'm shaped like a bobble head.

Of course, a good haircut and proper grooming go a long way, too. And makeup...go for a natural look. Even when I get dressed up, I only wear mascara (fake lashes if I'm going real dressy), a good lipstick, and a touch of blush.

It seems like a lot but it really becomes second nature once you get the hang of it and know what works for you. And I know it sounds vain to put so much effort into your appearance but it does matter. People treat you better when you look good. That's a fact. It also makes you more powerful in social situations. Consciously or subconsciously, you are being judged on how you present yourself and it can mean the difference between getting treated well - even making more money and not.
    I'm 53 years old Not ever gonna get the hang of it. Even when I was rockin' a great body I could not pull a look together. ANd yes, people do treat you better when you dress good.

IN the corporate world I always wore suits. Because a suit is hard to do wrong. Although I had a couple....

I'm 53 years old Not ever gonna get the hang of it. Even when I was rockin' a great body I could not pull a look together. ANd yes, people do treat you better when you dress good.

IN the corporate world I always wore suits. Because a suit is hard to do wrong. Although I had a couple....
    It's not rocket science. I bet you could get the hang of it.

One thing that makes Michelle look bad is her dresses are too long. I found one with her wearing an above the knee sheath. Much more flattering.

This is a nice dress, too, but if she's going to wear it that long, she needs higher heels. Since that would make her taller than POTUS, it's out of the question but if she's going have to stay with kitten heels, she should shorten the dress. That's what makes her look frumpy.

This dress is awful but her hair and makeup are flawless.

She looks good in this.

Nice dress but, damn, learn how to sit in a short dress. I think make out her family jewels.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ha ha - I'd probably have to care first. If I win Powerball I shall hire you to dress me. We shall drink boxed wine and hire Danke to spirit us to second hand stores across the globe.

Ha ha - I'd probably have to care first.
    That's what I figured was behind your wardrobe malfunction. I like fussing with clothes. It's something I'm good at and it makes me feel good. Mr Animal makes fun of me for it but I can tell he's proud of me when we go out.

If I win Powerball I shall hire you to dress me. We shall drink boxed wine and hire Danke to spirit us to second hand stores across the globe.

HAHAHA! Hell, yeah. I want Danke to wear a body paint uniform, though. (Zippy posted a video earlier) So I can keep an eye on what he's up to.

Only real clothes a human owns are the clothes they work in. The rest are just costumes. Disguise. Thats how I see it anyways. But Ive always seen the social ladder as a scaffold so...

That's what I figured was behind your wardrobe malfunction.
    It's not a profound "I don't care!"statement. It's a "I don't really think about it until it's too late" statement.

It's not a profound "I don't care!"statement. It's a "I don't really think about it until it's too late" statement.
    I can totally understand that. I've been there. Once you put together a solid wardrobe foundation, you don't have to think about it. I like going to pinterest for ideas when I can't think of a new way to mix and match.

Then why did you bother clicking on the thread and taking the time to comment? Clearly, you gave at least a flying $#@! (and maybe even a little $#@!) about what Melania may wear as first lady.
    Ooh, saucy. The only thing that commenting in this thread proves is that I gave a $#@! about telling you I don't give a $#@!.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Ooh, saucy. The only thing that commenting in this thread proves is that I gave a $#@! about telling you I don't give a $#@!.
    Thanks, Paul. It makes me feel special that you give a $#@! but I was hoping for a flying $#@!, too. I suspect you have one in ya if ya dig deep.

I may have to swing by Steinmart because I really like her clothes. I think they relabeled them for political reasons. I noticed her lines were getting slammed in reviews on Macys by people who didn't even buy the clothes. I hate that.

Ivanka Trump Clothing Is Secretly Being Relabeled at Some Retailers

Ivanka Trump’s eponymous clothing line has been fraught with controversy since her father assumed the presidency this year, and that doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon.

Business of Fashion is reporting that G-III, the company that owns the rights to the Ivanka Trump label through a licensing agreement, has relabeled some merchandise under the Adrienne Vittadini name and sold it to the discounter retailer Stein Mart, a Jacksonville, Florida–based chain with 290 stores around the country.

The website attained photos of identical clothing being sold at Stein Mart, some baring the Ivanka Trump label, and others with Vittadini's.

“G-III accepts responsibility for resolving this issue, which occurred without the knowledge or consent of the Ivanka Trump organization,” a representative for G-III said in a statement to Business of Fashion. “G-III has already begun to take corrective actions, including facilitating the immediate removal of any mistakenly labeled merchandise from its customer. The Ivanka Trump brand continues to grow and remains very strong.”

While fully acknowledging this happened with clothing that got sold to Stein Mart, G-III could not confirm whether this was the only retailer who had bought relabeled merchandise.

The exact motivation for why G-III did this is still up for debate—it’s not unheard-of for clothing manufacturers to swap out labels to protect brand names when they sell clothes to discount retailers. Still, that this happened in relation to the Ivanka Trump brand feels like more than just a coincidence.

Ivanka Trump merchandise has been dropped from retailers including Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Shoebuy.com since her father became President, and the Grab Your Wallet campaign has encouraged shoppers to not support brands that have a relationship with the Trumps. Also, notably, a source close to Stein Mart told Business of Fashion that negative feedback has swirled around Ivanka Trump product at its stores, and one customer went so far as to spit on an Ivanka Trump blouse in front of a cashier this year.

Business of Fashion spoke with Stein Mart chief executive D. Hunt Hawkins, who maintains the decision to carry the relabeled products wasn’t politically motivated.

“We’ve had both labels for a while. We may see more Adrienne Vittadini in the short term,” Hawkins said. “I’ve had an equal number of [customers] say that they don’t want and do want [the Ivanka Trump merchandise] in the store. If we get it, we get.”

Swapping labels is apparently totally legal in a case like this one, but it certainly brings up ethical questions, including the need and want of customers to know exactly what brand they are supporting when they buy something.
    http://www.glamour.com/story/ivanka-...enne-vittadini

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know I couldn't...I have the fashion sense of a trashman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12