Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand will not vote for Bolton or Giuliani

Rand will not vote for Bolton or Giuliani

WTF Rand? Don't you know that Trump is playing chess, not checkers? And not just chess: 4-D chess! He's making great alpha-male moves you can't understand!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tary-of-state/

Paul is one of the very few Republicans in a position to influence this. As a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, he will get to vote on whether to recommend Trump’s nominee for secretary of state. The results of the 2016 elections will give Republicans a 10-9 majority on the committee, meaning that Paul could cast a decisive vote, with every Democrat, against recommending a Trump nominee. That would not stop a full Senate vote on the nominee, but it would expose fissures in the Republican Party in the first weeks of a Trump administration.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I stand with Rand!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Paul is one of the very few Republicans in a position to influence this. As a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, he will get to vote on whether to recommend Trump’s nominee for secretary of state. The results of the 2016 elections will give Republicans a 10-9 majority on the committee, meaning that Paul could cast a decisive vote, with every Democrat, against recommending a Trump nominee. That would not stop a full Senate vote on the nominee, but it would expose fissures in the Republican Party in the first weeks of a Trump administration.
    What does that even mean? He couldn't block the vote, so what exactly does the committee vote mean/do? Sounds like a bunch of nothing. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    He's making great alpha-male moves you can't understand!
    Teach him, o' mighty alpha male expert.

Lol.

Don't be a beta, Rand. Alphas fall in line behind their leader.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I stand with Rand.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

WTF Rand? Don't you know that Trump is playing chess, not checkers? And not just chess: 4-D chess! He's making great alpha-male moves you can't understand!

Apparently you don't understand there is an info war for your mind!

Henpecking!
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What does that even mean? He couldn't block the vote, so what exactly does the committee vote mean/do? Sounds like a bunch of nothing. Just saying...
    It shows that Rand was right to play the long game and be nice with Republicans back in 14. Mitch rewarded him and this means that he can vote with the Dems to block. If someone doesn't make it out of committee, they can't advance to the floor for a full vote.

Bolton I can see, but Rudy might be ok. or might not. defense is more important. NO TO COTTON

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    It shows that Rand was right to play the long game and be nice with Republicans back in 14. Mitch rewarded him and this means that he can vote with the Dems to block. If someone doesn't make it out of committee, they can't advance to the floor for a full vote.
    That is what I would have assumed but it says right there: "That would not stop a full Senate vote on the nominee"
    So it sounds like it wouldn't actually block it from advancing to the floor. That's why I was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Bolton I can see, but Rudy might be ok. or might not. defense is more important. NO TO COTTON
    ???

What world do I live on right now???

It still looks bad for a President's cabinet pick to not win the vote of the committee. It would be an embarrassment for Trump and would be something I would think he would want to avoid.

Dear Rand: Please ask Rudy in Senate testimony who told him that Bldg. 7 was going to come down.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    ???

What world do I live on right now???
    Trumpkinland
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Dear Rand: Please ask Rudy in Senate testimony who told him that Bldg. 7 was going to come down.
    Also, ask Giuliani if he's read any good books lately.

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Technically, he could block a nomination but needs a partner. If Mike Lee would stand up with Rand...but Mike has broken ranks before, he's not as non-interventionist as Rand but at least Mike is reasonable. This is assuming the Louisiana race goes to a Republican and the Senate GOP is at 52.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I would vote for them as long as Trump himself follows through on non-interventionism.

Rand Paul: 'I'll do whatever it takes' to stop Bolton from being secretary of state

Politico - ‎19 hours ago‎
    Rand Paul said Tuesday that he is opposed to John Bolton becoming secretary of state and has serious reservations about Rudy Giuliani assuming the same position. He did not rule out filibustering either potential option in an interview with POLITICO.

Rand Paul: Will Donald Trump betray voters by hiring John Bolton?

Rare.us - ‎Nov 15, 2016‎
    Rumors are that Donald Trump might pick John Bolton for Secretary of State. Heaven forbid. One of the things I occasionally liked about the President-elect was his opposition to the Iraq war and regime change. He not only grasped the mistake of that ...

RAND PAUL: John Bolton is 'totally unfit' for secretary of state, and Rudy Giuliani is 'very similar'

Business Insider - ‎16 hours ago‎
    Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky on Tuesday condemned two of President-elect Donald Trump's rumored candidates for secretary of state. Paul, a Republican who made a failed bid for the White House in 2016, lambasted former UN Ambassador John Bolton and ...

Rand Paul: I oppose both Rudy Giuliani and John Bolton for secretary of state

The Guardian - ‎17 hours ago‎
    The interview follows an op-ed in Rare, an online conservative publication, where Paul condemned Bolton as “out of touch”. The Kentucky senator grounded his opposition in the importance that Donald Trump “pick people who agree with his foreign policy”.

Rand Paul Warns Donald Trump Not To Choose 'Menace' John Bolton As Secretary Of State

Huffington Post - ‎21 hours ago‎
    WASHINGTON ― Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), one of the GOP's most cautious voices on foreign intervention, is warning President-elect Donald Trump not to choose John Bolton as his secretary of state, saying it would betray the values he campaigned upon.

Rand Paul objects to John Bolton, Rudy Giuliani as possible secretary of state picks

Washington Times - ‎18 hours ago‎
    Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky is raising concerns over John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani as potential secretary of state choices for President-elect Donald Trump, saying Mr. Trump should have someone in the position with a foreign policy worldview he ...

Rand Paul: I won't vote for John Bolton or Rudy Giuliani for Secretary of State

Hot Air - ‎18 hours ago‎
    “I'm not insisting on my foreign policy,” Paul will say when right-wingers start screaming about this, “I'm insisting on Trump's.” At the very least, that'll force Trump to articulate his Jacksonian-style isolationism better than he has. In what way is ...

Rand Paul on Prospective Trump Secretary of State Pick John Bolton: No Way

Reason (blog) - ‎20 hours ago‎
    Rand Paul on Prospective Trump Secretary of State Pick John Bolton: No Way. Senator declares: "President-elect Donald Trump campaigned on changing our disastrous foreign policy. To appoint John Bolton would be a major first step toward breaking that ...

Rand Paul Speaks Out Against 'Unhinged' John Bolton, Rudy Giuliani for Secretary of State

Mediaite - ‎16 hours ago‎
    Senator Rand Paul said in an interview with Reason that he has serious reservations about reports that President-elect Donald Trump was considering former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton for Secretary of State. The libertatian-minded Republican said that ...

Rand Paul says he will oppose John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani for Secretary of State

Rare.us - ‎19 hours ago‎
    Senator Rand Paul said Tuesday in an op-ed for Rare that he would oppose President-elect Donald Trump's rumored selection of former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton as Secretary of State. “Bolton is a longtime member of the failed Washington elite that ...

Sen. Rand Paul says neither Giuliani nor Bolton would get his vote for secretary of state

Washington Post - ‎21 hours ago‎
    Sen. Rand Paul, a newly reelected member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said this morning that he is inclined to oppose former U.N. ambassador John Bolton or former New York City mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani if either is nominated for ...

Rand Paul on Potential Sec. Of State John Bolton: "The Man Is A Menace"

The Libertarian Republic - ‎19 hours ago‎
    During his campaign, President-elect Donald Trump has repeatedly talked with a more dovish tone about the United States' seemingly constant involvement in world affairs, and more specifically intervention in foreign nation's governments, such as in ...

Rand Paul comes out against John Bolton as potential secretary of state: 'The man is a menace'

Business Insider - ‎19 hours ago‎
    john bolton Former UN Ambassador John Bolton at the Freedom Summit in 2015 in Des Moines, Iowa. Associated Press/Charlie Neibergall. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky issued a warning shot to President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday, urging him not to ...

Rand Paul: Bolton 'Totally Unfit' for Secretary of State — Giuliani 'Very Similar'

Breitbart News - ‎15 hours ago‎
    PAUL: I couldn't vote for Bolton unless he repudiated his vote for war in the Middle East, and regime change throughout the Middle East. You want a diplomat in charge of diplomacy, not a bomb thrower. So, no. John Bolton's totally unfit to be secretary ...

Trump Must Avoid Picking Neocon John Bolton as US Secretary of State - Rand Paul

Sputnik International - ‎20 hours ago‎
    US President-elect Donald Trump should not consider former George W. Bush diplomat and neoconservative John Bolton to be secretary of state because he has a hawkish record that includes supporting the invasion of Iraq and calling for all-out war in ...

Interview with Rand Paul: 'I Can't Support Anybody to Be Our Secretary of State Who Didn't Learn the Lesson of Iraq'

Reason (blog) - ‎18 hours ago‎
    Rand Paul implored President-Elect Donald Trump not to pick Rudy Giuliani or John Bolton to run the State Department and suggested he would be inclined to vote against their confirmation. In an interview with Reason, Paul described Bolton and Giuliani ...

Rand Paul Opposes Giuliani and Bolton, Trump and Political Correctness, Hero Hillary: PM Links

Reason (blog) - ‎15 hours ago‎
    Rand Paul Opposes Giuliani and Bolton, Trump and Political Correctness, Hero Hillary: P.M. Links · Robby Soave| Nov. 15, 2016 4:58 pm. Trump Todd KraininSen. Rand Paul is totally opposed to both John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani as secretary of state ...

Rand Paul on Bolton Appointment: 'Heaven Forbid'

Roll Call - ‎19 hours ago‎
    Rand Paul says that President-elect Donald Trump appointing former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton to his Cabinet would be a major step toward breaking his promise of “changing America's disastrous foreign policy.” Rumors that Trump is considering Bolton ...

Rand Paul condemns President-elect Trump's Sec. of State picks

New York Daily News - ‎7 hours ago‎
    Former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani are reportedly Trump's top selections for secretary of state — which Paul was quick to show his disapproval Tuesday. In a scathing op-ed, Paul bashed Bolton for ...

Rand Paul Urges Trump Not To Appoint Bolton, Giuliani

Opposing Views - ‎10 hours ago‎
    Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky blasted Donald Trump's two reported top choices for secretary of state, saying that former UN Ambassador John Bolton and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani are "totally unfit" for the position and go against ...

Rand Paul Says He Would Oppose Giuliani, Bolton For Secretary Of State

TPM - ‎18 hours ago‎
    Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) opposes the nomination of two of Donald Trump's reported top choices for secretary of state: former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and former U.N. ambassador John Bolton. “It's important that someone who was an unrepentant ...

killin' that newz cycle
    cheers Rand, my hat's off to you

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Love it.

Mr. President elect - time to pick a side.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Who's to say that Trump didn't release these names to simply appease Sheldon Acheson and then he can feign ignorance when they are rejected? It's almost too easy for Rand to knock down these pins. Then Trump can pick the real guy on his list, once the obvious trial balloons are savaged.
    Last edited by AuH20; 11-16-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Not Sure If Trolling or Not...

Are you serious?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Who's to say that Trump didn't release these names to simply appease Sheldon Acheson and then he can feign ignorance when they are rejected? It's almost too easy for Rand to knock down these pins. Then Trump can pick the real guy on his list, once the obvious trial balloons are savaged.
    Ok, I'm just going to throw this out there since we're speculating...

If he were a true non-interventionist and he were going to float some trial balloons, he wouldn't be trying to see how much neocon he could get away with. The "trial balloons" would be in the other direction. He'd be floating the name of a "bring them all home, right now" guy so that a reasonable non-interventionist would appear to be more of a compromise.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

These leaks were released to see what kind of reaction they would get. Trump's team is interested in the possibility, otherwise they would not have floated it as a "leak" for public reaction.

Rand is, by far, the loudest critic of these choices right now and he may be single handedly preventing either of these men from being nominated just by what he's doing in the news cycle.

Hopefully this idea gets canned, and we can thank Rand for it.

Hey, look! I can do that too:

Who's to say that Trump didn't release these names to simply rile up anti-establishmentarians and then he can feign approval when they are rejected? It's almost too easy for Rand to knock down these pins. Then Trump can pick some other establishment hack on his list, once the obvious trial balloons are savaged (and his allegedly "anti-establishment" supporters can then make excuses because "at least it isn't Bolton or Giuliani.").

See how that works?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

True. My sense is that the names being put out there now, have little to do with who the final choices will be. It may be more to appease the media and possibly the establishment - lull then into a false sense of sameness while Trump is making other plans. If he's such "deal maker" why would he blurt out his real intentions so early on? A post in another thread suggests he's just picking neocons' brains in order to gauge exactly what he's up against - what he'll need to watch out for. You know, "know your enemy". Isn't Trump a big fan of The Art of War?

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    True. My sense is that the names being put out there now, have little to do with who the final choices will be. It may be more to appease the media and possibly the establishment - lull then into a false sense of sameness while Trump is making other plans. If he's such "deal maker" why would he blurt out his real intentions so early on? A post in another thread suggests he's just picking neocons' brains in order to gauge exactly what he's up against - what he'll need to watch out for. You know, "know your enemy". Isn't Trump a big fan of The Art of War?
    You are looking way too far into this. 9 time out of 10, the simple explanation is the accurate one. Trump's team is interested in these two and and they want to see what the reaction would be. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    These leaks were released to see what kind of reaction they would get. Trump's team is interested in the possibility, otherwise they would not have floated it as a "leak" for public reaction.

Rand is, by far, the loudest critic of these choices right now and he may be single handedly preventing either of these men from being nominated just by what he's doing in the news cycle.

Hopefully this idea gets canned, and we can thank Rand for it.
    Last edited by fcreature; 11-16-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    ... what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

LOL @ an "anti-establishmentarian" who seeks to "appease the media and the ... establishment" ...

Step 1: Get elected president.
    Step 2: Appease media & establishment.
    Step 3: ????
    Step 4: FREEDOM!!!

Sun Tzu say: "You don't get some of what you really want by asking for lots of what you don't want."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast