Thread: Alaska's first pot shop opens to the public in Valdez

Alaska's first pot shop opens to the public in Valdez

Marijuana milestone: Alaska's first pot shop opens to the public in Valdez

Laurel Andrews
    October 29, 2016

VALDEZ — Nearly two years after Alaskans voted to legalize commercial cannabis, the first retail marijuana store opened to the public Saturday.

Herbal Outfitters opened its doors at noon, on a rainy day in this coastal community.

"I've been waiting 46 years for this to open!" said Michael Holcombe, 63, a Valdez resident.

Holcombe was the store's first customer, surrounded by media, while the rest of the customers waited outside. He perused the 10 strains available, smelling the buds and asking about products on the shelves.

He walked out with five different strains: 2 grams of G-13 crossed with Cheese, 1 gram of Jack the Ripper, 1 gram of Bubba Kush, 1 gram of Blue Dream and 2 grams of Deep Sleep, for $145.65.

Holcombe is retired, and said he didn't have any big plans after he makes his purchase.

"I'll probably just go on my day, go home and smoke a bowl later," Holcombe said.

read more:
    https://www.adn.com/alaska-marijuana...to-the-public/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy moly, $145.65 for a quarter?!?!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Yeah $#@! that.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Yeah $#@! that.
    No. "$#@! it!"

I'm sure Charlo Greene is ecstatic now that Alaska quit dragging ass to come up with the regulations to put in place two years after she lead the initiative for marijuana reform. Oh, wait. Probably not. She's facing 54 yrs. in jail.

The country is going to pot.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's the first store open in the state. Probably they jacked the prices way up to take advantage of the long lines of customers. I'm guessing will come down as more stores open.