Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Verse of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    For Suz today a Commandment instead of a verse;

Thou shalt not kill.
    I'm not going to covet my neighbor's ass. (It's huge) That's about the only commandment I can commit to at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Colossians 3:17 (KJV)
    17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hebrews 12:28 (KJV)
    28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Isaiah 24:21-23
    21 In that day the Lord will punish
    the powers in the heavens above
    and the kings on the earth below.
    22 They will be herded together
    like prisoners bound in a dungeon;
    they will be shut up in prison
    and be punished after many days.
    23 The moon will be dismayed,
    the sun ashamed;
    for the Lord Almighty will reign
    on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
    and before its elders—with great glory.

I like how that passage shows us that the kings of the earth are not the good guys, but the bad guys, and that they are associated with satanic powers (powers in the heavens above), with the one sole exception of the Lord as the only good king.

A donkey's burial is too good for Castro.

Jeremiah 22:18-19

18 Therefore thus says the LORD in regard to Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, "They will not lament for him: 'Alas, my brother!' or, 'Alas, sister!' They will not lament for him: 'Alas for the master!' or, 'Alas for his splendor!' 19 "He will be buried with a donkey's burial, Dragged off and thrown out beyond the gates of Jerusalem.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Colossians 3:16 (KJV)
    16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

1 Chronicles 16:8 (KJV)
    8 Give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.

Psalm 136:1 (KJV)
    136 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 Peter 3:10-11 (KJV)
    10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

John 1:1-2 (KJV)
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)
    1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Isaiah 5:8
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)
    1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    I don't even know what that means.

These were the spoils which remained of the plunder taken by the fighting men: 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys, and as for persons, 32,000 young women who had had no intercourse with a man.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Isaiah 24:21-23
    21 In that day the Lord will punish
    the powers in the heavens above
    and the kings on the earth below.
    22 They will be herded together
    like prisoners bound in a dungeon;
    they will be shut up in prison
    and be punished after many days.
    23 The moon will be dismayed,
    the sun ashamed;
    for the Lord Almighty will reign
    on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
    and before its elders—with great glory.

I like how that passage shows us that the kings of the earth are not the good guys, but the bad guys, and that they are associated with satanic powers (powers in the heavens above), with the one sole exception of the Lord as the only good king.
    Excellent post. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Okay, now it makes sense. I saw it earlier and tried to figure it out on my own. I finally gave up and looked for a different translation. I'm not crazy about KJV.

Hebrews 1:1-2 (NIV)

God’s Final Word: His Son
    1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Okay, now it makes sense. I saw it earlier and tried to figure it out on my own. I finally gave up and looked for a different translation. I'm not crazy about KJV.

Hebrews 1:1-2 (NIV)

God’s Final Word: His Son
    1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
    The NIV has some really bad translations. The study tools I like to use when I study the Bible is the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and a KJV Companion Bible to get the best translation of the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic translations.

The NIV has some really bad translations. The study tools I like to use when I study the Bible is the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and a KJV Companion Bible to get the best translation of the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic translations.
    Imperfect as us..

AS IS ALL HUMAN LANGUAGE, and every translation since

The Word and Spirit can transcend that..
    Heck.. I trust on it.

I once had an 8 Translation,, and it was handy at times. Kind of a fuller view..but it changed nothing.

I have Bibletime.. but often a quick query online will give me whatever scripture comes to mind..

How cool is that
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John 6:35 (KJV)
    35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 8:12 (KJV)
    12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 10:7 (KJV)
    7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Try this one . You will get it . 2 Thessolonians 3:10 .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    These were the spoils which remained of the plunder taken by the fighting men: 675,000 sheep, 72,000 cattle, 61,000 donkeys, and as for persons, 32,000 young women who had had no intercourse with a man.
    I might be able to get ya a good deal on a donkey.
    Do something Danke

John 10:14-15 (KJV)
    14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
    15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

John 11:25 (KJV)
    25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 10:14-15 (KJV)
    14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
    15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    That's right. Jesus lays down His life for His sheep only, not every person in the world.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    That's right. Jesus lays down His life for His sheep only, not every person in the world.
    For ANYONE who accepts Jesus as their savior.

John 3:16-17 (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

For ANYONE who accepts Jesus as their savior.

John 3:16-17 (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    A person who accepts Jesus is a sheep. Jesus knows His sheep and His sheep know Him. The sheep hear his voice and He lays down His life only for them. You just quoted the verse that said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    A person who accepts Jesus is a sheep. Jesus knows His sheep and His sheep know Him. The sheep hear his voice and He lays down His life only for them. You just quoted the verse that said that.
    You remind me of another scripture lawyer who takes scripture and twist it to make his point.

The verse is a metaphor. Jesus is the Shepherd and the sheep are those who follow him.

You remind me of another scripture lawyer who takes scripture and twist it to make his point.

The verse is a metaphor. Jesus is the Shepherd and the sheep are those who follow him.
    Regardless, Jesus says He lays down His life for His sheep. Jesus does not lay down His life for those who do not follow Him. The Bible teaches particular atonement.

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast