Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Verse of the Day

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)
    11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Romans 12:2 (KJV)
    2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2 Samuel 7:22 (KJV)
    22 Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

Psalm 19:14 (KJV)
    14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 25:14-15 (KJV)
    14 The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.
    15 Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

Psalm 27:14 (KJV)
    14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalm 37:4 (KJV)
    4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Psalm 51:12 (KJV)
    12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Psalm 40:8 (KJV)
    8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

Proverbs 15:23 (KJV)
    23 A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Galatians 6:2 (KJV)
    2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Proverbs 9:10 (KJV)
    10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Do you “fear” God? I hope not. He is our Heavenly Father. You should not “fear” our Father, just as you should not “fear” your earthly parents.

This is why we always want to apply common sense to the Bible. This word “fear” is Strong’s word H3374 and it means “reverence“.

“Reverence” simply means, “deep respect for someone or something“. All we are talking about is displaying respect and love for God.

When we love God it means we try to follow His Word and that my friends is the beginning of Wisdom which comes from God.
    Last edited by donnay; 10-24-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Ephesians 5:19-20 (KJV)
    19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
    20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV)
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

All scripture is from our Heavenly Father. He sent us this Letter so we would have a light to illuminate our path through life (Psalms 119:105). So we not only would be able to understand His Ways, but to see examples from the past.

Those examples, think of; the Egyptian bondage, Daniel in the Lions Den, Job, The Three in the Fiery Furnace, Noah, Abraham and Issac and of course Jesus Christ… On and on we could go, all of these people and accounts are examples for us who live in these last days. We are to use these examples and apply them to our life as we continue to march toward the end of this age of flesh.
    Last edited by donnay; 10-27-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Hebrews 4:12 (KJV)
    12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 Peter 1:24-25 (KJV)
    24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
    25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Romans 12:1 (KJV)
    12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

EPHESIANS 2:8-9
    “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

Christ made the ultimate sacrifice when He was crucified on the cross for us. That is “grace” which is “favor” or a “gift” and it continues to this day. This “gift” we obtain through “faith” and it is a “gift” from our Heavenly Father.

IF we “believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved,” (Romans 10:9).

Notice, we do not obtain this “gift” through works. Christ paid the price, all we have to do is “believe“, though I would add “believe” goes far deeper than many think. If we honestly and truly believe in Christ then it means we understand His Word and what He wants us to do. It means we seek Him out and follow Him and do what He commanded of us. There is a lot more to “believing” than John 3:16.

While we are not saved by works, we certainly are judged by them (Revelation 20:13). Never forget James 2:26, “for as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.“
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...tml#more-44242
    Last edited by donnay; 10-30-2017 at 05:12 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1 PETER 5:8-9

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.”

“Be sober and vigilant“. That means open your eyes, your spiritual and physical eyes. Stay away from the distractions of our world. Just as being intoxicated can be a distraction, we can also become “intoxicated” with false truths and beliefs.

Seek out the Word and find the Truth contained in it and seek out the truth found in our world. Do not be quick to seek out fables of men and half truths. There is no time for you to be caught up in a lie and perpetuate it to others.

Satan is the liar in chief, he loves it when we get caught up into his lies as those lies quickly distract us and take us off course from the Truth.

Satan loves division and he tries to cause division among people, especially Christians for the reasons outlined already.

Just remember, through Christ we have power over our enemy, yes, power over Satan (Luke 10:19, Revelation 12:7-9, Satan is the serpent).
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...tml#more-44261
    Last edited by donnay; 10-31-2017 at 10:44 AM.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on posting the whole Bible?

I think it would be kinda neat if ya did. I was just wondering if this isn't some elaborate ploy to get get us to read the entire thing without realizing it. Just kidding...but it's actually not a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you planning on posting the whole Bible?

I think it would be kinda neat if ya did. I was just wondering if this isn't some elaborate ploy to get get us to read the entire thing without realizing it. Just kidding...but it's actually not a bad idea.
    I planned on doing this for one year to keep the word alive in the hearts and minds of people. With all the evil that surrounds us daily, I think a verse a day gives us a place to know there is always comfort and hope for all.
    Last edited by donnay; 11-01-2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I planned on doing this for one year to keep the world alive in the hearts and minds of people. With all the evil that surrounds us daily, I think a verse a day gives us a place to know there is always comfort and hope for all.
    That's very sweet, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

EPHESIANS 1:18

“The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,”

There is only one way our understanding can be enlightened and that is through our Father. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding,” (Proverbs 9:10).

The word “fear“ (Strong’s word: H3374) simply means, “reverence” which means to have a “deep respect for someone“. Better said it means we love and display that love to our Father by talking to Him through prayer and reading the Letter He wrote to us.

We should know the hope we have, Eternal Life in our Father’s Paradise of Peace (Romans 10:9). The Saints, those who stand for our Father will not only obtain Eternal Life, but they will obtain the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Daniel 7:27). What an inheritance, make sure you claim it.
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...tml#more-44297

1 Peter 2:9 (KJV)

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Romans 13:1 (KJV)

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV)

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Romans 13:6(KJV)

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Ephesians 1:9-10 (KJV)

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

1 Timothy 2:1-2 (KJV)

2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Joshua 24:15 (KJV)

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast