Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Verse of the Day

ISAIAH 1:18

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”

Now if all we did was read this one verse we might wrongly walk away thinking, “hey, I have it made already!”

Not quite.

If you begin your reading at the top of the chapter you will see our Father is very upset with Israel. He called them “a sinful nation“. I should mention, we are not talking about a piece of dirt. God was not upset with a piece of dirt named Israel. Our Father was upset with His People called Israel and where are they today?

If we jump down to verse 10 and read through verse 15 we see our Father explaining how upset He is with Israel, the Twelve Tribes. All they did was turn their back on God, they did anything and everything against Him. Verse 9 rings even to this day, “Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.”

We see our nation turning into Sodom and Gomorrah as well and from where I sit, I do not see a lot of resistance to it.

What we should understand about the verse of the day is we must “put away the evil of your doings from before Mine eyes; cease to do evil“. After we have put away evil and washed ourselves clean, spiritually this is accepting the Lord Jesus Christ into our heart, mind and soul. Then and only then can we expect our Father to make our sins “white as snow” and of course we must ask Him to do that.

It does not happen all by itself, it takes action on your part.
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...tml#more-44543
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Job 37:5-6 (KJV)

5 God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

6 For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

1 John 2:15-16 (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Colossians 1:9 (KJV)

9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1 Peter 2:15-16 (KJV)

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

1 Peter 3:18 (KJV)

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Psalm 119:143 (KJV)

143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.

Psalm 119:18 (KJV)

18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Psalm 119:105 (KJV)

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

John 17:17 (KJV)

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Psalm 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalm 95:1-2 (KJV)

95 O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.

2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1 Corinthians 1:4-5 (KJV)

4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

Colossians 3:15 (KJV)

15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Psalm 100:4-5 (KJV)

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Colossians 2:6-7 (KJV)

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 3:17 (KJV)

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
    Last edited by donnay; 11-25-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Hebrews 12:28 (KJV)

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Colossians 3:16 (KJV)

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

1 CHRONICLES 16:8

“Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.”

“Give thanks unto the Lord”.

How often do you thank the Lord for the things He has done for you?

Have you thanked Him for your;

Health?
    Family?
    Friends?
    The roof over your head?
    The dinner on your table?
    I hope you thank Him for whatever it is you have.

We should “call upon His name” during the good and bad times, not just when we need Him to intervene in our life. Remember, He is our Heavenly Father, that makes Him family. You should not shun your loved ones, instead embrace them and that goes double for God.

“Make known His deeds among the people“.

Tell the people about Him and what He has done historically through the Bible and what He has done for you in your own life. Share those experiences and the education you have obtained from the Bible with the people so they too can come to understand Him just as you have.

Only by sharing Him and His Word can we hope to brighten up the world.
    http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...tml#more-45028

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Psalm 136:1 (KJV)

136 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 136:26 (KJV)

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 Peter 3:10-11 (KJV)

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

John 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14 (KJV)

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

John 6:35 (KJV)

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 8:12 (KJV)

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 10:7 (KJV)

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 10:9-10 (KJV)

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

John 10:14-15 (KJV)

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John 11:25 (KJV)

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 14:6 (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast