Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bible Verse of the Day

Thumbs up Bible Verse of the Day

1 Peter 2:15-16 (KJV)

“For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.”
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Job 37:5-6 (KJV)

“God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.”
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Job 37:5-6 (KJV)

“God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength.”
    Caution with the Book of Job. please (I spent years there)

these are the words of Elihu,, and not all is correct. God rebuked them for their ignorance and Job prayed for his friends forgiveness.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Caution with the Book of Job. please (I spent years there)

these are the words of Elihu,, and not all is correct. God rebuked them for their ignorance and Job prayed for his friends forgiveness.
    Could you explain a little more. Is it from the KJV or NIV?

Could you explain a little more. Is it from the KJV or NIV?
    Same difference,,

There is much in the Book of Job that is the blathering of Job's "friends". Not all is true,, and God rebuked them for speaking of things they knew nothing about.

This is a problem with taking scripture out of context.

After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has. So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. You have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has.” So Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite did what the Lord told them; and the Lord accepted Job’s prayer.
    There is a wealth of treasure in that book,, but it requires caution. Not all is true.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Same difference,,

There is much in the Book of Job that is the blathering of Job's "friends". Not all is true,, and God rebuked them for speaking of things they knew nothing about.

This is a problem with taking scripture out of context.

There is a wealth of treasure in that book,, but it requires caution.

I understanding what you mean, but I respectfully disagree, there is a huge difference in the KJV and the NIV.

The KJV Companion Bible and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance are great tools with breaking it all down as far as the Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic and Chaldean translations and transliterations.

I stick with the 1611 KJV because it's translation were locked in, in accordance to the Mosera.

There is a great difference between the two:

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
    15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

I understanding what you mean, but I respectfully disagree, there is a huge difference in the KJV and the NIV.

The KJV Companion Bible and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance are great tools with breaking it all down as far as the Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic and Chaldean translations and transliterations.

I stick with the 1611 KJV because it's translation were locked in, in accordance to the Mosera.

There is a great difference between the two
    Pull up AF's favorite Romans 13, the NIV bastardization reads completely differently than King James. "Higher Power" vs "Governing Authorities" it's no wonder so many feel free to twist this particular passage to suit their ends.

There is a great difference between the two:

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
    15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
    15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
    Speaking for myself, I've realized that the KJV was restructured in order to defend the position/authority of King James I. The term "authorized" also gives it a false sense of authenticity because of that. It's about a half dozen linguistics removed from the original Greek writings on top of that which, themselves, are derived from the Hebrew and Aramaic texts. Which are gone, I suppose. Even with all of that, though, it's still the closest English translation from the Greek texts and likely the only one suitable for any kind of serious study.

I don't know, donnay. I've got so many danged bibles here. I was thinking about cracking open this early Protestant one. It's a little lighter than the Catholic one.

I wish I had the original Greek manuscripts with the Aramaic and Hebrew linguistics.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-14-2016 at 09:07 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Pull up AF's favorite Romans 13, the NIV bastardization reads completely differently than King James. "Higher Power" vs "Governing Authorities" it's no wonder so many feel free to twist this particular passage to suit their ends.
    I absolutely agree. Even the false teachings of a Rapture Doctrine.

Ezekiel 13:20 (KJV)
    “Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly.”

Ezekiel 13:20 (NIV)

20 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds.

Excellent break down here: http://worldeventsandthebible.com/20...e-rapture.html

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Speaking for myself, I've realized that the KJV was restructured in order to defend the position/authority of King James I. The term "authorized" also gives it a false sense of authenticity because of that. It's about a half dozen linguistics removed from the original Greek writings on top of that which, themselves, are derived from the Hebrew and Aramaic texts. Which are gone, I suppose. Even with all of that, though, it's still the closest English translation from the Greek texts and likely the only one suitable for any kind of serious study.

I don't know, donnay. I've got so many danged bibles here. I was thinking about cracking open this early Protestant one. It's a little lighter than the Catholic one.
    Oh I understand. It was done to keep people in a perpetual state of confusion..which is being done deliberately, mind you. So long as you have people confused about God's word they lose interest and begin to question everything. All I can say is pray to the Heavenly Father to lead, guide and direct you.

I actually prefer the KJV, but read several. and quote what is at hand when pertinent.

The Spirit can overcome Babel.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I actually prefer the KJV, but read several. and quote what is at hand when pertinent.

The Spirit can overcome Babel.

The flesh has a hard time, though. That is why we need to beware of false teachings and Traditions of men, that make void the word of God.

2 Peter 2 (KJV)

2 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not. ( read more )

Jeremiah 23:2-4 (KJV)
    23 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.

2 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.

3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

4 And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the Lord.

Mark 7:13 (KJV)
    13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.”

1 Peter 4:17 (KJV)
    17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Oh I understand. It was done to keep people in a perpetual state of confusion..which is being done deliberately, mind you. So long as you have people confused about God's word they lose interest and begin to question everything. All I can say is pray to the Heavenly Father to lead, guide and direct you.
    Mhm. Yeah, I agree. This is something that is critical to at least recognize and consider during study, though. Most bibles are restructured several lingustics apart from the originals and tailored to the government authority of the day.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-14-2016 at 11:18 PM.

1 Peter 3:18 (KJV)

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:”

Philippians 2:14-15. (1611 KJV )
    14 Doe all things without murmurings, and disputings:

15 That yee may bee blamelesse and harmelesse, the sonnes of God, without rebuke, in the middes of a crooked and peruerse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world:

Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
    105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John 17:17 (KJV)
    17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Ezekiel 25:17--The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Ezekiel 25:17--The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel 25:17 (KJV)
    17 And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Ezekiel 25:17 (KJV)
    17 And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.

Are you questioning Jules?

Psalm 119:105 (KJV)
    105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
    This verse reminds me of when the kids were little and got dismissed during Mass right before Communion. They would sing this on the way out - they were so cute.

My favorite

One Corinthians 13

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I struggled with with forgiving people when I was younger. I think the most important life lesson I've ever learned it how to forgive. Not only others but myself. I like what the Bible says about forgiveness. Since I've learned that life skill, I rarely get angry. I say what I have to say to that person and move on and I forgive whether they want it or not. When I've done something $#@!ty, I try to make it right. Yesterday, I was mean to Mr Animal. When he got up, he started talking about that stupid car before I had my coffee and I told him I didn't give a $#@! about the car. It hurt his feelings because he was trying to make the car nice for me and I wasn't being very grateful after he had worked so hard on it. I could tell he was hurt because he just walked off with a hung dog look. I went upstairs and apologized to him. I even kissed him on the head while he was pooping and didn't complain about the stink. I'm such a good person, lol.

Ephesians 4:31-32 (NIV)

31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Psalm 1:1-2 (KJV)
    1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
    2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalm 95:1-2 (KJV)
    95 O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
    2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1 Corinthians 1:4-5 (KJV)
    4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
    5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;

Colossians 3:15 (KJV)
    15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Psalm 100:4-5 (KJV)
    4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
    5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Colossians 2:6-7 (KJV)
    6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
    7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thanksgiving-quotes-funny.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	5387

For Suz today a Commandment instead of a verse;

Thou shalt not kill.

Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast