• Good Economic & trade policies

4 8.16%
  • Bad Good Economic & trade policies

23 46.94%
  • Other

16 32.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is going to be Obama's legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    FDR beat that.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/...ince-1776.html

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776

* Pick any year since 1776 and there is about a 91% chance that America was involved in some war during that calendar year.

* No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president. Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered “war presidents.”

* The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.

* The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Nice try Zip, but Obama beats even FDR. FDR was president from 1933-1945. From the same website Zippy cites, US was at war 7 of those year, less than Obama and certainly not every day he was in office.

1933 – Banana Wars
    1934 – Banana Wars
    1935 – No major war
    1936 – No major war
    1937 – No major war
    1938 – No major war
    1939 – No major war
    1940 – No major war
    1941 – World War II
    1942 – World War II
    1943 – Wold War II
    1944 – World War II
    1945 – World War II
    Last edited by AZJoe; 01-22-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

FDR beat that.
    Neg rep. Purposely posting contrary information that is false.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were started long before he took office. True they did not end but troops in active combat zones were over 150,000 when he took office - and are down to about 14,000. Not zero but a significant reduction. http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-pol-obama-at-war/

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were started long before he took office. True they did not end but troops in active combat zones were over 150,000 when he took office - and are down to about 14,000. Not zero but a significant reduction. http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-pol-obama-at-war/

Didn't you vote for Obama? Twice?

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Other. I'd say the best gun salesman.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Neg rep. Purposely posting contrary information that is false.
    That's what forum trolls do, after all.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Nice try Zip, but Obama beats even FDR. FDR was president from 1933-1945. From the same website Zippy cites, US was at war 7 of those year, less than Obama and certainly not every day he was in office.
    FDR also tricked US citizens into WWII- Obama carried on what was already there.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Didn't you vote for Obama? Twice?
    I said I voted seven times for him. Obviously lying.

You are as clear as mud. Did they install the new software version they promised you a few months back? It is not looking good the way it is now.

Neg rep!

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I'm guessing that would be some term like 'political slave'.
    Yes, you're closer to understanding it than previous responses. It basically means that the house black man is a sort of gate keeper for the master to go out there and get the slaves in the field to obey, and to fall in line , if they run away the house black man goes out and finds them and tells them to come back and fall in line. Same thing....barrack obama is not for anyone,he doesnt care about white or black or brown etc...hes all about corporate greed, he acts like he cares about people by playing the "civil rights" leader card, but hes really just a house black man who rounds up people and tells them to fall in line and obey.

The last Hurrah of leftism.

Giving us the Alt Right

Giving us Trump`s 2 terms.

Winning the peace prize & doing the opposite.

Crazy conspiracy theories would be another enduring part of his legacy, US News had covered one of those. Trump covered few others regarding ISIS and DGP:

Was President Obama Fake Crying?

When psychopaths cry… From the book "The Body Language of Liars" #CrocodileTears #rednationrising #tcot #lnyhbt

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...control-speech

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    Yes, you're closer to understanding it than previous responses. It basically means that the house black man is a sort of gate keeper for the master to go out there and get the slaves in the field to obey, and to fall in line , if they run away the house black man goes out and finds them and tells them to come back and fall in line. Same thing....barrack obama is not for anyone,he doesnt care about white or black or brown etc...hes all about corporate greed, he acts like he cares about people by playing the "civil rights" leader card, but hes really just a house black man who rounds up people and tells them to fall in line and obey.
    That is damning charge,have not seen such analogy used about DGP often, think Ralph Nader may have called him Uncle-T.
    Ironically some left wingers had used similar terms for Herman Cain of GOP.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    End of DNC.
    Leftover DNC is having painful discussions:

Obama's party-building legacy splits Democrats

Party officials are having a painful discussion about the state and local losses that occurred on his watch

By Gabriel Debenedetti

02/09/17

A painful Democratic rift over Barack Obama’s political legacy is finally bursting into the open.
    For years, the former president’s popularity among Democrats stifled any public critiques of his stewardship of the party — a period in which the party suffered tremendous losses at the state and local levels.

But now that Obama and the political operation that succeeded his campaign, Organizing For Action, have expressed interest in playing a role in the task of rebuilding, it’s sparking pitched debates over how much blame he deserves for the gradual hollowing out of a party that now has less control of state-elected positions than at any other time in nearly a century.

“I have not been briefed on the future of OFA and the president’s involvement,” said Donna Brazile, the DNC chair.
    And that silence is what alarms Democrats who resentfully remember a president who for years couldn’t be bothered to replace then-DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, even aftershe became a source of intraparty controversy. They recall a commander in chief whose campaign was seen by state party officials as circumventing them, rather than working with them. And they think back to a party leader who didn’t want to get too closely involved in governor’s races ahead of 2010’s redistricting, which many of them say is a reason for Democrats’ state-level bloodbath in the ensuing years.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...uilding-234820

I think this is appropriate on this thread:

The Conservative Christian Lie about Obama and the Military

By Laurence M. Vance

February 14, 2017

That the presidency of Barack Hussein Obama was an “obomination” there is no question. During his presidency I wrote of his radical associations, his life spent in the service of racial preference, his aberrant Christianity, his cultural Marxism, his dictatorial ambitions, his warmongering and militarism, his “signature health care law,” and his desire to further redistribute Americans’ wealth.

It would be hard for Obama’s record to be any worse than it is. Yet, some people still feel the need to lie about Obama’s record. Obama’s actions were so bad and so bad so often that it is incredible that anyone would have to resort to lies about Obama in order to impugn him.

Especially when the liars are conservative Christians.

I get a lot of e-mails from conservative organizations, many of them Christian ones. In a recent e-mail I received mention was made about welcome changes that President Trump has made, including “an order to rebuild the U.S. military, which has been devastated by eight years of the Obama administration.”

Physical Gold & Silver in your IRA. Get the Facts.

If the author had said that the military was devastated by Obama because of women in combat, the observance of LGBT Pride Month, homosexuals allowed to serve openly, or the military paying for gender-confused soldiers to take hormones, then I would agree with him. But the author has swallowed hook, line, and sinker the lie—peddled by the Heritage Foundation and other conservative lovers of the military—that the military must be rebuilt because Obama has gutted it. War, Empire, and the M... Laurence M. Vance Best Price: $16.00 Buy New $13.54

This is something that must be addressed because it is an opinion shared by many conservative Christian lovers of, defenders of, and apologists for, the U.S. military.

Back in 2009, I pointed out that Obama’s first defense budget (for fiscal year 2010, which began on Oct. 1, 2009) was $20 billion higher than Bush’s last defense budget. Obama’s first defense budget was said by then-Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to provide “the balance necessary to institutionalize and finance our capabilities to fight the wars we are in today and the scenarios we are most likely to face in the years ahead, while at the same time providing a hedge against other risks and contingencies.”

From the Historical Tables of the official Budget of the United States, here are the outlays for defense for the eight budgets of George W. Bush and the eight budgets of Barack Obama:

Fiscal year Defense Spending in millions

2002 $348,456
    2003 $404,733
    2004 $455,813
    2005 $495,294
    2006 $521,820
    2007 $551,258
    2008 $616,066
    2009 $661,012
    2010 $693,485
    2011 $705,554
    2012 $677,852
    2013 $633,446
    2014 $603,457
    2015 $589,564
    2016 $604,452
    2017 $616,981

The DOD is currently spending over $600 billion a year. I wish I were that devastated!

But regardless of the amount of money the U.S. government spends on defense, it needs to be pointed out that it is Congress that ultimately determines how much will be spent on defense every year. Republicans have controlled the House for the last six years of Obama’s presidency and the Senate for the last two years. Since defense spending has decreased since fiscal year 2011, shouldn’t Republicans be criticized for “devastating” the military?

Conservative Christians are so devoted to the military that it has clouded their judgment and led them to hold unholy opinions. War, Christianity, and... Laurence M. Vance Best Price: $15.37 Buy New $19.95

The association they have with the conservative movement is unholy. The admiration they have for the military is unholy. The thirst they have for war is unholy. The callous attitude they have toward killing foreigners is unholy. The idolatry they manifest toward the state (when it is controlled by Republicans) is unholy.

The U.S. military spends almost as much on defense as the rest of the world combined. The military budget needs to be cut, not increased. Too bad Obama didn’t devastate the military.

I have not addressed the fact that real defense spending, as pointed out by economist Robert Higgs, is over a trillion dollars a year and should have nothing to do with GDP.

And neither have I touched on the topics of the U.S. military being a force for evil in the world, the U.S. military undertaking much more offense than defense, and the U.S. military being an unholy institution that Christians should avoid like the plague. These subjects I have written about numerous times in hundreds of articles, many of which are collected in the books War, Christianity, and the State and War, Empire, and the Military.

If Obama has devastated the military in any way it is because he continued and escalated the senseless wars began by George W. Bush.

Hey Christians: Put away lying (Ephesians 4:25). “Thou shalt not bear false witness”—even against Obama.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/...ve-christians/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I think this is appropriate on this thread:

The Conservative Christian Lie about Obama and the Military
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/02/...ve-christians/

It could be appropriate here considering that Obama put such lairs in their place by being an examplary honest leader whose word was gold. A shining star of truth telling who unfortunately was drowning in others lies about him.

Amazing legacy of truthful laedership and strong chararcter.

Un-related

Majority of Americans now believe Obama is "dishonest and untrustworthy"

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It could be appropriate here considering that Obama put such lairs in their place by being an examplary honest leader whose word was gold. A shining star of truth telling who unfortunately was drowning in others lies about him.

Amazing legacy of truthful laedership and strong chararcter.
    So, the last honest president we had was..........?

Bueller? Bueller?
    There is no spoon.

So considering that Trump has already ordered drone strikes, how many does he need to fire off before Enhanced Deficit realizes his Obama fixation is pathological as well as hypocritical?

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So, the last honest president we had was..........?

Bueller? Bueller?
    If you are suggesting all President's lie... then being a lying crook should not a be distinctive legacy for DGP... it's not really a legacy of it has always been there.

Are we then left with just things like "drone war" and 'Obamacare" as main legacy items that are new.

Obama's War Crimes: The U.S. Drone War

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast