Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk of CALEXIT Begins After Mango Messiah's Triumph

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Talk of CALEXIT Begins After Mango Messiah's Triumph

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought secession was racist?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

LOL.....do it. I dare california, then they won't be taking all of Arizona's water and power, then lets see that marxist state collapse completely?

I hope Cali leaves the US. I'll move somewhere else in the remaining US and hope the ensuing Republican landslide victories usher in at least a few extra liberty politicians.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    LOL.....do it. I dare california, then they won't be taking all of Arizona's water and power, then lets see that marxist state collapse completely?
    Arizona also gets energy from California. http://www.marketplace.org/2016/06/0...rizona-take-it

As for water, who does the water in the Colorado River belong to? None of the states it passes through? All of the states it passes through? (it eventually even sometimes reaches Mexico).

Where will the Zonies go for vacation?

Good, Hollywood only make a handful of worthwhile movies a year anyway, and I hear maybe 2-3 okay new songs a year. I don't care. Bye!

Yes please!!!!!!!!! How do we make this happen?

They'll be begging the US to let them back in before long!
    Stop believing stupid things

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds good. We can have the vote right after everybody who was not born in the state leaves.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Mexico of course.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Arizona also gets energy from California. http://www.marketplace.org/2016/06/0...rizona-take-it

As for water, who does the water in the Colorado River belong to? None of the states it passes through? All of the states it passes through? (it eventually even sometimes reaches Mexico).

Glad to see you are back at work! Rough night I suppose.

Yeah- Johnson only got about three percent.

Arizona also gets energy from California.
    Interesting article. There is back and forth transfer sale of power on the grid. However, with over twenty-five on-grid electrical generating companies (11 with capacities over 1,000 MW) including the largest power plant in the nation by annual production (Palo Verde with a 4,000 MW capacity and producing nearly 33 billion kWhs/yr) Arizona is a net exporter of electricity. Exporting nearly ten percent of all electrical power produced in the state, most of it going to California.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Exclamation Calexit: California wants to leave the US after Donald Trump’s election win

#Calexit: California want to leave the US after Donald Trump’s election win

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/09/calexi...#ixzz4Pb1TJcS2

If you’ve looked at the electoral results map, you’ll notice there’s a bit of a stark difference between the red and the blue bits.

That massive blue block on the left – encompassing California, Oregon, Nevada and Washington state – stands out quite a bit against all of the red.

So it may not be a huge surprise that people living in that Democrat-voting block are now looking at other options – specifically, secession.

Since Donald Trump’s electoral victory was first announced, #Calexit has been trending on Twitter, with distraught Californians looking to form their own state.

And although it hasn’t been that long, the idea is really taking off

Looks like California can legally secede for some reason. Interesting. #Calexit

— David Latchman (@SciWriterDave) November 9, 2016

Well, that took about 30 minutes. #CalExit

— Caprice (@CapiCapone) November 9, 2016

Racism, sexism, *****phobia, transphobia, classism, ableism. If all of this makes American 'great' again, then we are not America. #CalExit

— California Republic (@SagisAngel) November 9, 2016

I am so 100% for #calexit

— Alex Messick (@PotatoScavenger) November 9, 2016

So #Calexit is a thing right? I am a million times down for that.

— Sam Bell (@sarcasticsoresu) November 9, 2016

Even celeb blogger Perez Hilton is in on the action

I 100% support this!!! Californian independence!!!!! https://t.co/BREGvCsst5 #Calexit

— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) November 9, 2016

Seriously. What are the steps to make this possible??? We must secede!! #Calexit

— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) November 9, 2016

And others are saying Oregon and Washington (and maybe Nevada) should secede too

If we combine OR & WA what will the red states do without us bailing them out? All the brain trust & money goes w/US of West States #Secede https://t.co/QlPAPIpNGI

— Ann Archie (@SamnRickisMom) November 9, 2016

#CalExit

I Like #WestCoastNation!

When are we Leaving?

California, Oregon & Washington say Bye Bye! Nevada U2 #Election2016 pic.twitter.com/oE9LNPTCUW

— Tom Hall ☘ (@TomHall) November 9, 2016

One man suggested that the new country could be called ‘Cow’

CA, OR, and WA should either be a new country known as Cow or a Canadian province(also known as Cow). #CalExit

— Denmark Gacayan (@tekniks) November 9, 2016

So could it actually happen?

Possibly – there is no specific ban on state secession in the US Constitution. In fact, there’s nothing on secession in there at all.

Plus, there’s a bit of a legal loophole.

In the case of Texas v White, the Supreme Court said:

When Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States.

Did you notice that last bit? ‘Except through revolution or through consent of the States.’

If enough Californians want it, there’s a chance it could happen.

And this is far from the first west coast secession movement in the US – the Cascadia secessionists have long campaigned for a separate state of Cascadia, which mostly spans the Pacific Northwestern states
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Well, bye.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Abraham Lincoln is rolling over in his grave.

Had Hillary won, Texas goes Texit to the exit? Instead Thahhh Donald wins and California wants to float out to sea or at least build a moat?

A thumbs up from me. A much better option than waiting for the sea to swallow them up, don'tcha think?
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

If you’ve looked at the electoral results map, you’ll notice there’s a bit of a stark difference between the red and the blue bits.

That massive blue block on the left – encompassing California, Oregon, Nevada and Washington state – stands out quite a bit against all of the red.

So it may not be a huge surprise that people living in that Democrat-voting block are now looking at other options – specifically, secession.

Since Donald Trump’s electoral victory was first announced, #Calexit has been trending on Twitter, with distraught Californians looking to form their own state.
    Oh, gee, wait ...

When it comes to "that massive blue block on the left" (and "people living in that Democrat-voting block"):
    Do they mean THIS? Or do they mean THIS?
    (by state) (by county)
    Because there is indeed "a bit of a stark difference between the red and the blue bits."

I have no problem with #CalExit - more power to 'em, in fact - just as long as #ExitCal comes along with it ...

[image source: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president]
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-10-2016 at 04:57 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

If you try to link blue or light blue areas on the county map, you actually have a long Gerrymandered district.

Good for them!

Suzexit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Oh, gee, wait ...

When it comes to "that massive blue block on the left" (and "people living in that Democrat-voting block"):
    Do they mean THIS? Or do they mean THIS?
    (by state) (by county)
    Because there is indeed "a bit of a stark difference between the red and the blue bits."

I have no problem with #CalExit - more power to 'em, in fact - just as long as #ExitCal comes along with it ...

[image source: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president]
    Cities..........

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Let's encourage them.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

If California wants to be an independent republic, great. They lose all their seats in the House and Senate. They lose their federal courts. They lose federal money. They need passports to travel outside the Republic. California residents lose SS and Welfare benefits and cannot apply for federally guaranteed student loans. That's a start.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    Let's encourage them.
    To do what?

They're already tearing their own $#@! up.

Even those wise and astute people in the cities on the left coast know that they can't exist without access to the rest of the nation.

Instead of encouraging them to 'exit' as a state encourage them to keep their promises of leaving the country or killing themselves...

LA could be bulldozed and farmed without much trouble and there'd be an overabundance of labor come harvest time...

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    If California wants to be an independent republic, great. They lose all their seats in the House and Senate. They lose their federal courts. They lose federal money. They need passports to travel outside the Republic. California residents lose SS and Welfare benefits and cannot apply for federally guaranteed student loans. That's a start.
    ^^^
    Sounds like I'm already an independent republic. suzexit

Well, after some folks so encouraged Texas to secede, it's only fair that we back California in their efforts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast